Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft 3 Reforged

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Nov 2, 2018.

1. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    By finding ways to earn money, like micro transactions

1. When you claim something like that, at least put up a source.
    2. People can have both right and wrong opinions. In this case the data supports the channels claim.

What does this sentence even mean. Nintendo has monthly subscriptions for their online services, and literally tried to sell people card board boxes. Money has to come from somewhere.

Don't expect content if you're not willing to pay for it. Nobody forces you to buy anything.

Mostly single player game developers. The thing with single player games is that they don't require huge servers, maintenance crews and dedicated developer teams to maintain. A game being online is itself a service, and services cost money.

Micro-transactions is not anti-consumer. Unless you think actually having to pay for other peoples hard work is anti-consumer.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  2. SLICED

SLICED

Resources:
    Resources:
    exactly

3. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  4. Strydhaizer

Strydhaizer

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Man I wish people will still use the low-poly models of ours in the Reforged, they all look so HQ.

5. kantarion

kantarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    The quality of the models is astonishing. At first i thought its fake and just concept art,cause i couldnt believe its so amazing.
    I still wait some confirmation its real 3d models xD :)

Although some parts and proportion changes could be made for perfection of perfection,but nope its not time for that i say i am satisfyed with quality and thats all that metters now !!!!

Lemonions did it rofl cant belive xD congrat

6. EredarArbeiterYU

EredarArbeiterYU

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can't find a single thing I dislike about those pictures! :D

7. Verb8im

Verb8im

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can anyone not see Antonidas's face or is that just me?

8. SLICED

SLICED

Resources:
    Resources:
    Those pictures were shot with a physical camera tho..

In some news, apparently, Reforged is gonna be one of the games hosted at a sort of Chinese esports contest or tournament held at the end of November. This seems a bit hopeful, but idk.. any thoughts ?

9. Juveqis

Juveqis

Resources:
    Resources:

Well, on November 3 of last year Archian created this post: Reforged - Warcraft III Reforged - What we know... so far.

In it, the first sentence is "Warcraft 3 Reforged will be released sometime in 2019. Estimated Nov 2, 2019. (US LAW, if you preorder the release must be within a year from the prepurchase date.)"

So we knew since then that the game had to be released before November 2 of this year.

Now the phrase about the US law is crossed out, someone has had to do it.

A weeks ago, the phrase about the United States law was not crossed out, you can check it here, it is a screenshot of March 2019:

http://web.archive.org/web/20190326...raft-iii-reforged-what-we-know-so-far.309826/

Every day a new surprise! This is a non-stop! :ugly:

10. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    They are likely able to circumvent that law by the fact that some of the pre-order content has been released, such as for other Blizzard games.

11. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    For spoils of war edition, not for regular preorder so they can't get away without giving some sort of early access atleast, also right of accepting or declining a 'partial delivery' is on purchaser so if you don't accept that 'early access' you can still enforce the law

Swiss Code Of Obligations(Basically same in all Europe):

Art. 97 1 An obligor who fails to discharge an obligation at all or as required must make amends for the resulting loss or damage unless he can prove that he was not at fault. 2 The procedure for debt enforcement is governed by the provisions of the Federal Act of 11 April 188935 on Debt Collection and Bankruptcy and the Civil Procedure Code of 19 December 200836 (CPC).37

Art. 98 1 Where the obligation is to take certain action, the obligee may without prejudice to his claims for damages obtain authority to perform the obligation at the obligor’s expense. 2 Where the obligation is to refrain from taking certain action, any breach of such obligation renders the obligor liable to make amends for the loss or damage caused. 3 In addition, the obligee may request that the situation constituting a breach of the obligation be rectified and may obtain authority to rectify it at the obligor’s expense.

Art. 99 1 The obligor is generally liable for any fault attributable to him. 2 The scope of such liability is determined by the particular nature of the transaction and in particular is judged more leniently where the obligor does not stand to gain from the transaction. 3 In other respects, the provisions governing liability in tort apply mutatis mutandis to a breach of contract.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Isn't BlizzEnt an American company?

13. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    They already gave everyone early access... You can play Warcraft III (which Reforged is an update there of) using your Reforged preorder.

14. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Then it becomes culpa in contrahendo , misleading someone to obligate.Long story short: They can't get away from a default without giving Warcraft III: Reforged (included graphics and promised features) or they are willing to face lawsuits

They have to justify the laws of each country they work.(Chinese censorship anyone)

Further reading about Culpa In Contrahendo: Culpa in contrahendo Swiss and German M&A | IFLR.com

Also articles of Swiss Law about misleading and fraud:

Art. 23 A party labouring under a fundamental error when entering into a contract is not bound by that contract.

Art. 24 1 An error is fundamental in the following cases in particular: 1. where the party acting in error intended to conclude a contract different from that to which he consented; 2. where the party acting in error has concluded a contract relating to a subject matter other than the subject matter he intended or, where the contract relates to a specific person, to a person other than the one he intended; 3. where the party acting in error has promised to make a significantly greater performance or has accepted a promise of a significantly lesser consideration than he actually intended; 4. where the error relates to specific facts which the party acting in error considered in good faith to be a necessary basis for the contract. 2 However, where the error relates solely to the reason for concluding the contract, it is not fundamental. 3 Calculation errors do not render a contract any less binding, but must be corrected.

Art. 25 1 A person may not invoke error in a manner contrary to good faith. 2 In particular, the party acting in error remains bound by the contract he intended to conclude, provided the other party accepts that contract.

Art. 26 1 A party acting in error and invoking that error to repudiate a contract is liable for any loss or damage arising from the nullity of the agreement where the error is attributable to his own negligence, unless the other party knew or should have known of the error. IV. Agreement to conclude a contract F. Defect in consent I. Error 1. Effect 2. Cases of mistake 3. Invoking error contrary to good faith 4. Error by negligence Federal Act on the Amendment of the Swiss Civil Code 7 220 2 In the interests of equity, the court may award further damages to the injured party.

Art. 28 1 A party induced to enter into a contract by the fraud of the other party is not bound by it even if his error is not fundamental. 2 A party who is the victim of fraud by a third party remains bound by the contract unless the other party knew or should have known of the fraud at the time the contract was concluded.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  15. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    They have given some of the promised features already. You can use Lua in Warcraft III right now.

I am also pretty sure you are entitled to claim a refund. However if this leaves your account in good standing with Blizzard I do not know.

This is why I have not preordered. Oh yes I will get Reforged, but not until at least closer to release.

16. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The 'building' part of the contract is 'Warcraft III: Reforged that releases on or before 31st December 2019', so if they use that Lua arguement the your counter is pretty simple: Art.26-Art. 28 they can't run away with those kind of excuses but also I'm sure they won't have any need to do it and probably they'll have it ready for Blizzcon knowing they did not fail to meet their dates before and I'm pretty sure they won't risk it.

17. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    They can slap on the Reforged name tag at anytime. Additionally people are entitled to refunds if they are not happy.

18. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yet again it does not change the fact of it being sentenced as Art.28, it's result is not a refound btw but a negative loss and again I'm pretty sure those stuff will not be the case Blizzard would never break their part of promise of delivery on 2019 especially after their Q3 reports to their shareholders stating 'Reforged will release this year and will increase stocks' but just saying that it is not easy to circumvent an obligation you made with slaping a name on the old product.

19. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yes they will just deliver the game in effectively a pre-release state and then patch it in afterwards. The graphics are mostly ready after all.

20. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    That's exactly what I'm thinking to be honest