1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft 3 Reforged

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Archian, Nov 2, 2018.

1. DemonHunter13

DemonHunter13

Resources:
    Resources:
    If the art models are based on WoW's childish and ridiculous designs, then IT DOES look horrible, especially when it comes to things like armors, weapons, unit appearances.

One good example out of the soooo many is:

Illidan's warglaives. Illidan's/DH's warglaives design in WC3 appears as an ancient deadly elvish weapon that can cut any enemy with ease, despite the joke panda face easter egg.

Meanwhile in WoW, Illidan's warglaives has been turned into a completely ridiculous cheap version of a green double-edge ligthsaber that appears to be more like a child's toy sword rather than an epic deadly weapon.

2. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Well I'll never stick to the old graphics otherwise I'lld not want Reforged, I want it to be a artwise loyal to the classic remaster but I know it won't be it is outsourced(not the real problem) with a different artstyle, I think from what I've seen from models I'll be replacing about 75% of them directly with my mods models.

About every single model looking amazing I'll just say 3 things and won't criticize others
    1) Footman....................
    2) Arthas the anime prince
    3) Jaina

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wow...
    I think they're letting you switch to the classic game not Reforged with classic graphics?
    Lemonsky studios to be precise.

4. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Theres no chooseing its a standal9ne game.

How do you expect to toggle graphica when the maps are entirely redesigned?

Personally the rebirth wc3 HD mod does the job better then what ive seen on some reforged. For the classic game thats your graphics toggle

5. DealO

DealO

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wish there'd be some sort of update while we're still in July...

6. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    exactly.

Thank you :)

7. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Heres what you can expect from the future of wc3.

Blizzard trying to monetise Starcraft 1 now with this $10 dlc that looks like a knockoff mobile game.

Attached Files:

8. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I mean, who's making you buy such things if you don't like them? I mean, it's not one skin/model, it's a whole game graphic conversion.

What's with the giraffe?

9. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Must of been some rando youtube ad

Uploaded new SSs after i saw it.

As for why it bothers me.

Well its just typical 2019 blizzard and i find it very telling where blizzard is at these days.

@YourArthas damn man $10 for a flash game skin and you guys never monetised warcraft 3 rebirth. Jajaja

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's more because you need Remastered not the Anthology/classic StarCraft for it :p That's the thing I'd criticize if I were you.

11. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Why not both?

12. viktor1995

viktor1995

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow, just wow. Do you even know who is Carbot? Calling his graphic DLC for Starcraft "looks like a knockoff mobile game" is a serious insult to the whole Starcraft community who wholeheartedly waited for such a DLC and even crowdfunded a Starcraft 2 mod with his cartoon graphics. Just stop, you clearly too salty and want to bring down Blizz for no reason. The Reforged art style is correct, and the Carbot DLC you insulted is fantastic.

13. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Excuse me what? Have you played Warcraft 1 or 2 or 3 or WoW ?

14. viktor1995

viktor1995

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes I did, in fact I'm such a huge fan of Warcraft 1 and 2 that I remade them in Starcraft 2 (and previously I worked on a wc2 remake for wc3 too). The art style is good and correct for Warcraft 3 if you know the original concept arts of Warcraft 3.

15. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Yeah, i don't think so, what i saw so far doesn't look like it follows Samwise's concept art, like, at all :/

16. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I think you are the chronicles of azeroth guy, I am from Armies of Azeroth mod for Sc2 also Warcraft Rebirth mod's leader for Warcraft III and a member of Chinese HD remake mod Return Of The Storm, I know old concepts really well and I have been working on HD Warcraft III projects for 5 years , can I ask why your art is nothing like Reforged's (yours is alot better) in your mod?

17. Murlocologist

Murlocologist

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Some seemingly were following his stuff, like footman and gnoll, but feel got bit lost when translated to 3d model.

However, to talk about wc3 feel, it is difficult to define it and wc3 itself had style clashing. Mostly between Samwise style and style of other guys who did textures like knight and footman (their style is majority of units from what I remember). But, wc3 feel is more than that, it is a complex mix of those styles + the rush wc3 textures were probably made in to meet the deadline + low poly ''cubism'' + the memory of players who played the game for decade and know every unit by heart.

My opinion is that when people say something got a wc3 feel it means that the resource in question actually simply reminds them of other original one, in other words, we are talking more about accidental counterparts than clear pattern.

I think reforged models are good, maybe too high-poly for RTS, but they are mostly very well made.
    Some were boldly shaped regarding proportions and I find it refreshing actually, I don't mind the style they were made in. What I don't like so much is shading on metal, one which makes armor very contrasted, basically creates white and black patches on it.

18. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Yeah, i understand, i was replying to the early comment, but i admit that even the in-game models doesn't even follow the old concept art too, and the new models are on the same boat, but then again, i don't want to fall on the hate boat too, but i was hoping for a remake wich could translate the original art properly, like it was supposed to be, but then again, this is Activision and most of the original crew members are gone for good

19. YourArthas

YourArthas

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Worst part is SC2 HD assets for WC3 nearly did 1-1 remaster of the models they have worked, Reforged could do the same but even better instead of this style

20. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Why should i car who carbot is and why is a mod $10 is the real question