1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft 3 patch wish list

Discussion in 'Patch & Reforged Discussion' started by Ezekiel12, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Emm-A-

Emm-A-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey guys, great list so far.

I dont know if this might be useful, but I often thought to myself, that it should be possible to reduce upgrade levels. Like that they would be more useful to quickly manipulate a lot of units. If this is just a boolean to change or something, it would be worth including this option .. Compared to other things this is pretty worthless though ..

2. Tpiom

Tpiom

Resources:
    Resources:
    They should consider adding the updated Warcraft 3 models for Starcraft II to... Well, Warcraft 3 also.

And release that cut map for the Night Elf campaign mentioned in Blizzcast Episode 12 [25:10]: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/community/blizzcast/archive/episode12.html
    Perhaps alternative maps too, like the one mentioned here [06:05]: https://youtu.be/0Jwb73Wx8og?t=365
    ...as well as any other unused models and whatever. I can only imagine what they have in the archive - it'd give people a reason to come back too and see the "new stuff"

3. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Probably a lot of buggy unfinished stuff. Judging by the quality control of what we got.

4. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    In the file war3x.mpq, you may already find some interesting, unfinished content :
    Doodads\Cinematic\IllidanVictoryCinematic\IllidanVictoryCinematic.mdx

Do you already know of the official additional maps Blizzard released on a regular basis, back in the days ?
    http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/war3/maps/war3maps060920.zip
    http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/war3/maps/war3maps050505.zip

Other scraps of Blizzard history might be found on Blizzard's "ftp" (ftp contents has been indexed by other sites).

Releasing the cut map for the Night Elf campaign (as a standalone file), would indeed be a most generous gift to all loyal Warcraft 3 fans worldwide.

5. Kacpa2

Kacpa2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Must To DO list:
    -Official Replay compatibility, Rewind options, or if impossible on this engine some kind of substitiude like jumping to later parts of replay, backwards playin etc.
    -Memory Could not be read/written errors(plague, they NEED to fix it)
    -reasonless crashing on Win10(shuts down the application for some people with no crashlog information, it's separate from memory error)
    -Hosting with native game option
    -Battle net imporvements, more friends on the list, improved communication and information, chat imrovements
    -fixing their own mistakes committed with 27 "compatibility patch" that's it and they NEED to make these happen, and i dont know get some decent people who actualy seen warcraft 3 dev kits/tools or whatever they were doin, cuz basic mistakes like one with C++ library, and reverse effects to what patch was supposed to do it just .....tragic. It increased rate at which game crashes at some bigger maps.

About else, i highly dislike "updated" hero models they prepared for SC2, they stink with WoW genericness all over like Orcish heroes, changing original design from scetches and what old graphics were presenting(you got many hd spotlight of elements of old models on many many icons, namely few they changed for no reason, like Palandin's hammer, Archmage's stuff, Blademaster's face and weaponry, Tauren chieftain looks to young and to beefy(pun not intended) and Far Seer together with BM having stupid generic orcish face from wow, while in wc3 we had last instance of varrying orcs or characters for that matter, and they menaged to basicly make it gone with almost wow degree same facial structures and body builds. Icons and artworks by samwise should be starting point not lazy copying of WoW's styling which i highly disklike for just how generic everything in it is + having orcs as hulks which is made even more aparent in movie coming up :/ but that's my personal opinion so, Blizz just focus on doing all from my MUSTTODO list from first half...

6. paulH

paulH

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    One issue that I personally feel should be rushed close to the top of the list, is to get the cinematic files fixed so that they run on newer systems. I've tried every single recommended fix for the black-screen cinematics and not a single one of them works. It's not a game-breaking bug, but it almost is for me.

7. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Fix the detect damage system so that we don't have to import a DDS too every single map...

8. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  9. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ye, because the only thing which matters is clean cinematics, right. goddamn.
    they cannot confirm a shit about really needed stuff, but here

10. dtnmang

dtnmang

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Ported Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ah yes, please let us have the proper "updated" models in SC2 for this game! Even if somebody can "rip" those models from SC2 into .mdx format, they will still look very weird in WC3, largely due to the shading.

(it might be very hard though, if the newer models use techniques such as bump-mapping and texture masking)

11. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Classic answers to Haolerot on the Battle.net forums.
    Haolerot's post deals with cinematics issues, and nothing else. Please read the OP.

I would suggest you post a respectful request for official full information regarding next patch, on the Battle.net forums. :cool:2

12. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    im not blaming this one person or like that. im blaming blizzard for 1990's strategies of game dev. today, with given possibilities, you can get in all the fans around and make something wonderful, especially in wc3, which had tens of awesome programmers over it's history. but no, they do nothing about it. no work with community. no work with request. god thanks they took a list of request made by hive, but what did it take? 8 years since last major release (return bug fix/adding tons of replacers)? that's not the way wc3 should be

13. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  14. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    im not talking about "progs should crawl throu forums/feedbacks"
    everyone works on their own job
    with given competitors (RTS died, only RPG/MOBA lives today, dota2 is heaviest competitor due to the fact dota kept wc3 alive for 5 last years) and lack of any desire to get higher (hire SMM, merge their data into workflow, adjust dev course) wc3 won't be bigger anyway.

fans did better - no source, no help, just dedication. sharpcraft, newgen editor, all those optimizers. Im healiy insists on feedback-based dev, but nobody listen. Peopple tends to thank Blizz for remembering this game like they did great thing when came back swinging (into abyss). This mental attitude of blizz' defenders is breaking me.

15. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    you know... some features are really not to be expected, as the cost of implementing them would make more logical to make a new game...
    About Blizz being a total troll, I think... well, we can all agree that RTS isn't a competitive genre anymore, so it's natural for it too have less importance.

16. DracoL1ch

DracoL1ch

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    as soon as they release 27b with PURE MELEE BALANCE changes you'll see that

17. fenix140

fenix140

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why?, I hope it's just a joke, this game has for more, and Blizzard says we improve cinematics for the Lols.. please :aw:.. I hope you have received the list for upcoming patches, if not (just wait)
    ...... :cconf:

18. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You are not Warseeker, are you ?

Classic answers to Haolerot on the Battle.net forums.
    Haolerot's post deals with cinematics issues, and nothing else. Please read the OP on Battle.net

Fixing CGI cinematics' display is part of the Warcraft 3 Hive Suggestions pdf file.

I would suggest you post a respectful request for official full information regarding next patch, on the Battle.net forums. :cool:2

As for me, I will post here any *official* (read : developer) public info about next patch's contents, be it partial or full.

19. fenix140

fenix140

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh. " post here any *official*(read : developer)" thanks...
    "Why", this goes related to most peteciciones that were sent to Blizzard, and so far there is only one answer for cinematics ...
    hehe, not really XD..
    At this point I wanted to get, Haolerot is suggesting good things but I wonder if "Classic" is only responding because if, only to give us a bit of expectation :hohum:... but still not confirm exactly if they in the future will consider those requests. :croll:

That's why I say "just wait". The good thing is still no date for the new patch, so anything can happen.:smile:
    Greetings...

20. paulH

paulH

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Is someone actually complaining about them fixing a broken aspect of the game? wow...