• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Item Creator v3.0.4

Reactions: RCS12 and Devine
This tool originates from here

Creates professional and symmetric tooltips, perfect if you have a lot of items that needs to have the same apperance, but you don't want to spend hours of perfecting the tooltips manually. Easy to use, and highly customizable.

Screenshot of the tool in action can be found here.

For everyone having Vista and problems with "RIGHTX32.OCX" try the following:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f478/warcraft-3-item-creater-registering-118743/

If that fails try this:

# Download RICHTX32.OCX.

# Copy the new version to the WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 directory on your C: drive

# Using your mouse, click on the "Start" button and then click on "Run".

# Type the following command to register this library file (You must have adminitrator rights):

regsvr32 \windows\system32\RICHTX32.OCX

# You should see a message saying "DllRegisterServer ... succeeded"

# You can also try to run the program as an "XP Application" (Right Click->Properties->Compatibility)

Keywords:
item, creator, generator, color, editor, tool, warcraft, warcraft item creator, item creator
Contents

Warcraft 3 Item Creator v3.0.4 (Binary)

Reviews
08:40, 11th Apr 2008 ZypherXII: Works fine. Recommended.
Level 11
Theres a bit more to it.
If you have Windows XP:
Goto Start menu -> run
type in cmd.exe
run it.
type in regsvr32 RIGHTX32.OCX
A message should pop up telling you it was successful.

If you have vista, just post. Its a bit more complicated.
NOTE: Do this after you've downloaded the file and placed it in your systems folder.

Level 3
ya man. I put it in systems 32 then typed that and it said

"Local Library (RIGHTX32.OCX) failed - The specified module could not be found."

Level 4
Previous verson worked for me and was it was really helpfull, but after I downloaded this verson (v3.0.4), I keep getting these "Run-time error '339'" messages when I try to generate. Tried that stuff in cmd.exe on my xp, but it fails. I want it to work on my vista laptop now tho, how do I do that? (Getting same "Run-time error '339'").

Level 5
Previous verson worked for me and was it was really helpfull, but after I downloaded this verson (v3.0.4), I keep getting these "Run-time error '339'" messages when I try to generate. Tried that stuff in cmd.exe on my xp, but it fails. I want it to work on my vista laptop now tho, how do I do that? (Getting same "Run-time error '339'").

Do you get the same run time error as some previously have pointed out (the RIGHTX32.OCX one)?
On your vista or on your xp, or both?

Level 21
Vista isn't ready, it can be called a "prototype"... It needs much more years of work to be better than XP.
I highly suggest everybody who wants to buy a computer to check if it has Linux, it is easyer to work with it and can be replaced with a windows. I am using windows XP (not professional becausse it isn't better and needs much more resources to run).

Level 3
Ok i downloaded the rightx32 and put it in the system32 folder and i got another error: LoadLibrary("RIGHTX32.OCX") failed - The specified module could not be found.
What now? :confused:

Edit: fixed it. Didn't need to run the cmd.exe at all... i think. Maybe the error meant it was activated :thumbs_up:

Level 3
I dont understand why you would put frequency and auto-generate if its not fully supported, this caused an artifact of mine to be destroyed multiple times :cry:, Fix that and I'll give you 10/10 but for now 8.5/10.

Level 7
Honestly, out of all the color pickers/item makers I've ever downloaded, this is the best. But it seems to me that it only works for XP when it saids it works with vista. I've downloaded this and redownloaded this but it brings up an error message;

Run time error 339
Component 'RICHTX32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

(and why we use vista is because all new computers use it. unless its a mac)

Level 5
Run time error 339
Component 'RICHTX32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

(and why we use vista is because all new computers use it. unless its a mac)
Updated description with a brief fix, if you search on google for "RICHTX32.OCX + vista" you get several results regarding this as well.

Level 2
Looks interesting, but am i doomed, because it CRASHED MY MAP, AND I WORKED ON HER FOR 5 MONTHS, AND IT WAS ABOUT TO BE RELEASED, AND THANK YOU ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Level 2
The screenshot link no longer works.

Also I tried to make an item and when I clicked generate it gave me runtime error 393 I think. (not sure if it actually was 393 it could've been 399 or 339 but not much else) Yeah... Not sure what to do here.

Edit: Using the update it works, moments before writing this, I attempted to make an item, using the Generate option in the file menu, and it works. I haven't tried anything else but I don't necessarily see the need to in the near future. Yays.

Last edited:
Level 2
It dosetnt work for me D:! I tryed everything you told me too but everytime i got to generate the tooltip there is a run time error saying some file is already open? what do i doooooo Q.Q!

Level 1
When you try to download a product that has multiple files of RICHTX32.ocx you get the following error message this will be create possibly hurdles and no way to correct try the method thats provide by link

Last edited by a moderator: