1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Let your favorite entries duke it out in the 15th Techtree Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Warcraft 3 in Windows 10 OS

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Tutorials' started by A Void, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Try using 1.28. Also make sure in registry settings max FPS is 200 and refresh rate is 60 as altering those settings can cause unstable/low frame rate.

2. Arkhanglesk

Arkhanglesk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alright I have been trying to trouble shoot an issue that I have been running into for the past few months and no matter what I do I cannot seem to fix it. I know this is an old thread, Hell its an ancient thread but I am at my wits end. I am was a very avid custom campaign creator and haven't had a chance to dive back in to WE until recently on my new set up. Only problem seems to be my Editor will not start stating that it is missing mss32.dll file. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, I have uninstalled and reset my computer even to see if there were conflicting files and programs that mess with Battle.net games. in completely stock computer using only the battle.net launcher I downloaded W3 and yet still it will not start claiming that the file is not present and it will not start. Is there any way I can fix this short of buying something other than an HP?

3. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    mss32.dll is the Miles Sound System 32 library.

I suggest using the 1.30 PTR for now as that has decoupled from Miles Sound System library in replace for a more modern alternative which will obviously fix this problem completely. Once 1.30 PTR goes live (few weeks max?) you can switch back to release.
    The library is meant to be provided by Blizzard, it has nothing to do with OEM or Microsoft.

If you really need it, I have attached a copy of the one Warcraft III is meant to come with prior to version 1.30. The digital signature on it should be SHA1 from Blizzard Entertainment. This particular file was created on my computer in 2009 which would be when I installed Warcraft III onto my current computer from original retail discs purchased in the UK. Installing the file should be as simple as extracting it into the Warcraft III install folder next to the game and editor executables. In older versions of Warcraft III there was a separate library folder to place it in but this was removed with a patch in 2016. This mss32.dll must only be used to fix a mss32.dll is missing error with Warcraft III and its accompanying World Edit, it will not work for any other application. It might also work only for UK/US locales of Warcraft III, however it should work for other locales as well as I do not see a reason for that file to be localized.

Do note that generally downloading and using dll files from the internet is not a secure practice as people may have injected them with malware. Especially ones like mss32.dll which were used by thousands of games are the perfect target for malware authors to trick people with your error into infecting their computers.

Attached Files:

4. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The digitally signed version of Mss32.dll v6.1d was first introduced with Patch 1.27b in December 2016.

I can not remember which one it is.

After Patch 1.27b has been installed, the folders redist\miles\ (and their contents) are still there on Windows XP.

miles redist.png

5. Arkhanglesk

Arkhanglesk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank you Doctor Super good I was very nervous about just downloading it from anywhere, somehow everything worked out when I started it in safemode and was able to place the mss32.dll file you provided with no issues, and after a quick reboot it seems to be running smoothly. Thanks to everyone for the help! I have been trouble shooting for a good two weeks!

6. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    However the file was created in 2009 when I installed it on my computer. Meaning it moved the previously existing file to its new location.

7. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Arkhanglesk: Out of curiosity, which version and locale of the game were you using, before downloading / updating it with the Battle.net launcher?
    Is there any reason to start your computer in safe mode?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  8. Black123456789

Black123456789

Resources:
    Resources:
    when I open Warcraft 3 on windows 10..the screen appears black but I can hear THE SOUND..ANY HELP?

9. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    What version of Warcraft III are you trying to run? Is it the latest version from BattleNet?

If so then what graphic mode are you trying to start? Reforged? Classic? Reforged requires quite a modern and high powered computer to start and run properly. Classic should run on any computer that meets the minimum requirements and possibly some just below.

DxDiag listing might help.

10. Atasha JG

Atasha JG

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Using that file gives my wc3 unable to run the app, it errors. I just run it in shortcut then add -nativefullscr to the target shortcut. I put graphicsapi Direct3D9 along with -nativefullscr it still works like this...
    "D:\Games\Warcraft III\Warcraft III.exe" -graphicsapi Direct3D9 -nativefullscr
    and still run fine and some unabled apps can now be function like the gamma.