• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Ashes of the Lord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Good excuse. Highly doubting its truth.

You wern't that far in and its easy to retart. You wer eright when you said you wouldnt end at 50% though, you ended at 5%.

Level 18
Good excuse. Highly doubting its truth.

You wern't that far in and its easy to retart. You wer eright when you said you wouldnt end at 50% though, you ended at 5%.

you think it's easy to restart? i spended 1 MONTH in doing this.
i had to convert over 500 wc3 stuff path files to make them importable and workable in the mpq.
i had to do the stupid Ui.
find Ui for Humans and Ui for undead.
Find over 500 stuff for wc3.
make a stormwind campaign.
and entirely build a techtree.

it's not easy to restart i don't know what you're talking about.
that notepad file there got changes from almost 1 month ago.
i had imported like 2x that stuff to finish importing.

and as you can see in the screenshot that i posted it says only 1 disk is used and look at the time of those folders were created:
12/11/2011 oh what's that? today? you really think i would spend 1 month on something for cancelling it and not even posting it for everyone to download? god..

Level 12
1 month isn't that long. Seeing as how you didn't make much progress each day and slowly worked towards it.

Also, dont triple post.

Level 18
1 month isn't that long. Seeing as how you didn't make much progress each day and slowly worked towards it.

Also, dont triple post.

dude it didn't look as much progress but it was . each model importing even if it's a small one i got to open in magos save as mdl then open with notepad edit the path of the texture and resave and then open with magos and then save as mdx and then import the textures to the path where they belong.

only that for every single model.

Level 12
Thats not that hard to do.
Doing that for 500 models should take you only about 2-3 hours with minimal breaks and extreme boredom.

Level 7
Did you just update your windows? Or did you full reformat? Be specific.

Because you could system restore possibly to an earlier date if you did not fully reformat and just updated your windows. System restore would restore all your files at that time fixing your WoW and restore your map probably.

I use windows xp so for example my windows system restore is under System Tools->System Restore. You may use a different windows. Just do a simple search on your computer for system restore. You choose the date and then just restore to that time. Most computers are set to create restore points generally a few days per month without the user/person doing anything. The computer will have an slow restart and it's not an error or anything it's just that it takes time to restore files.

Level 18
i never backup windows because i do not have an external hard drive..
and no i didn't cancel cuse spanish i already had decided to continue the project till someone showed me how to translate entire game easily..
but i went to make hardware upgrade to be able to run a testing pvpgn on my comp and
when i installed stuff the dude that was installing the stuff told me that i had to format.
i was like wtf i even sweared at everyone there because i lost all my files.
i even lost my maps i was editing..
i had already been over 1 year editing world of azeroth and i also lost that map..

Level 18
ok i have decided that i will redo my mod and this time i'll get english wc3 so i don't get any errors while making the mod.
-------------
anyways if you guys could help by gettings models and doing what i said up there to be usable in the mod that would help a lot..
-------------
until i get to the point where i was before which will take a good time i don't think i that i will be updating the thread anymore.
i guess it'll be like 2 weeks or less if i work hard.
i'm only doing this to prove i don't let my projects at 50%
-----
the map : the world of azeroth will be cancelled though and it's version for the mod too because i lost it completely and there's no restore point.
however i will start working on new maps for the mod.
stygnian are you still working on the maps?

don't get mad at me yesterday i was so mad at the format that though even of leaving wc3..

Level 7
Most computers auto-back up their systems without having an external harddrive. As long as it was not a "re-formating" and instead was just an "update" then you can revert to a few days back. Re-formating is when you take it to someone and they completely reset the whole computer by the way.

All I'm saying is try searching system restore on your system run the thing and see if it has dates to revert to. You may end up going back a bit further than you'd like like a few days but you can always re-revert back and save the map online through an upload site then just re-download it when you revert back to your present.

I know what I'm talking about cause I've done this before to get rid of viruses and other things on older computers. Basically just search "system restore" and a program should be found. That program when run will give you a calendar of days to revert to.

Level 18
Most computers auto-back up their systems without having an external harddrive. As long as it was not a "re-formating" and instead was just an "update" then you can revert to a few days back. Re-formating is when you take it to someone and they completely reset the whole computer by the way.

All I'm saying is try searching system restore on your system run the thing and see if it has dates to revert to. You may end up going back a bit further than you'd like like a few days but you can always re-revert back and save the map online through an upload site then just re-download it when you revert back to your present.

I know what I'm talking about cause I've done this before to get rid of viruses and other things on older computers. Basically just search "system restore" and a program should be found. That program when run will give you a calendar of days to revert to.

they did completly reset my computer..

Level 4
Well the problem is, and this is a bit off topic, that system restore can get infected by a virus, thats why not many people use it. These newer viruses will currupt any program that so much as looks at it's file (AVG, system restore, etc.) so last time I had a virus I did not use system restore primarily because backing up fies and reformatting is a lot less risky. On topic, I will help you find models for your map, and icons and other things. However I can't do any scripting or anything, I'm still working on my own maps and stuff, so I can't help you there, but (if you've already thought of this sorry, havn't read older posts) you could use a villager with 40 anims etc. to make some units so that when you upgrade armor you could have a physical a change, like at first they would be wearing chain/leather and then on the next upgrade they got heavy chain/partial plate and even further at the final upgrade, plate armor/enchanted armor. Same thing for swords/bows. Also I was wondering if this was going to be like warcraft 3 or different in terms of gameplay?

Status
Not open for further replies.