• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 1.28 Pre-patch PSA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Please people someone has to help me
I have spent last 4 days trying to figure out what to do

The problem is simply that I cant connect to Battle.net, says that there is something wrong with the server after like 15 sec of waiting

So what I do first is:
Download official Warcraf 3 roc and then tft (via the official site)
Go to (Patching Classic Games) and download some kind of a patch (after I downloaded both games)
Then it updates to 1.27b
But then I cant play, because of this Battle.net problem

In addition, the only server that I can choose (for battle.net) is called
alkar teleport warcraft 3 server and I do not have any other normal servers like (US west or east / Europe, Asia)

I urge someone to help me please!

I recently solved the problem on my mac, after like 10h of research, but its air & too weak to play on, so I am tyring to install it on my windows 7

On Mac Air, once everything was fine and I successfully updated the game & solved the CD problem, the version it shows is: 1.28.0.7205 , while for the Warcrfat 3 on windows (even after I download the patch) the version is 1.27.1.7085

PLZ someone HELP!

Level 7
Please people someone has to help me
I have spent last 4 days trying to figure out what to do

The problem is simply that I cant connect to Battle.net, says that there is something wrong with the server after like 15 sec of waiting

So what I do first is:
Download official Warcraf 3 roc and then tft (via the official site)
Go to (Patching Classic Games) and download some kind of a patch (after I downloaded both games)
Then it updates to 1.27b
But then I cant play, because of this Battle.net problem

In addition, the only server that I can choose (for battle.net) is called
alkar teleport warcraft 3 server and I do not have any other normal servers like (US west or east / Europe, Asia)

I urge someone to help me please!

I recently solved the problem on my mac, after like 10h of research, but its air & too weak to play on, so I am tyring to install it on my windows 7

On Mac Air, once everything was fine and I successfully updated the game & solved the CD problem, the version it shows is: 1.28.0.7205 , while for the Warcrfat 3 on windows (even after I download the patch) the version is 1.27.1.7085

PLZ someone HELP!
Please, tell me you tried running the update with admin priorities...

Level 1
Please, tell me you tried running the update with admin priorities...

Hey!

Yes, of course I did

So when I download the update and update the game, it does the update, but only to version 1.27.1.7085 instead of 1.28

I can launch the game & so on, but cant connect to battle.net

Level 7
Hey!

Yes, of course I did

So when I download the update and update the game, it does the update, but only to version 1.27.1.7085 instead of 1.28

I can launch the game & so on, but cant connect to battle.net
Your Warcraft III have all the default installation settings? Are you the machine Admnistrator?

Level 6
I got the same problem. I have 6 gb of custom stuff built up in my warcraft iii folder. The migration required message always shows up when I start the game, and always fails, and always duplicates everything it migrated. I did a clean install of warcraft iii and removed everything maps etc from the hard drive, and reinstalled the patch to find the same problem occurs. It migrated the same 6gb of maps (even though I had deleted them?). It is storing the data in a cache somewhere and is in an endless loop! How do you get it to stop trying to migrate data? There's a lot of people with this problem, but I've found no solution yet.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
How do you get it to stop trying to migrate data?
You manually move the 6GB of custom stuff to a temporary, unrelated folder so the custom stuff does not need to be migrated and then try to update. After update is complete you manually move the custom stuff to the Documents/Warcraft III folder so that it is accessible by the game.

Level 6
You manually move the 6GB of custom stuff to a temporary, unrelated folder so the custom stuff does not need to be migrated and then try to update. After update is complete you manually move the custom stuff to the Documents/Warcraft III folder so that it is accessible by the game.

The stuff does get migrated, nothing left in warcraft 3 program files game folder, all in Documents folder. It repeats the process and clones everything, creating copies each time it migrates. So in other words, it successfully migrated, but because it says migrated failed at the end, it keeps restarting the process. According to the migration log, I believe this is due to a couple maps it failed to migrate, which had funny characters in their name. Anyway, regardless, somehow the migration saved a copy of all my maps in a cache somewhere, and for the life of me I can't find that cache. I know this because I deleted all my maps, all folders, and did a fresh install. And what do you know.. it migrates the same original copy of maps, and bugs itself again. I need to destroy the original cache so that it can migrate a good cache copy. But where is it storing the map cache, which remains preserved somewhere.. even though I had whiped the game from my computer? BTW it also moved my War3Unin.exe & War3Unin.dat to my Windows folder for some reason?

But really if I can just delete the map migration cache, it should stop, and say migration finished, as my maps are already moved. I'm guessing it's a compressed iso file or something.

Level 6
SOLVED. Windows 10 users will find the "cache" folder called Warcraft III Users/Public/Public Documents - containing all your moved, or failed to move maps, etc. in its entirety.
The migration fails when you get a syntax error, and this WILL HAPPEN TO A LOT OF PEOPLE who downloaded maps with a name in non-roman font (korean & chinese maps, for example).
To solve this issue, simply delete the Warcraft III folder in Users/*your account name/documents, and move the Warcraft III folder manually from Users/Public/Public Documents - This folder may be larger as it still contains the non-migrated contents. If anyone is confused - DOCUMENTS & PUBLIC DOCUMENTS ARE NOT THE SAME FOLDER, IF YOUR MIGRATION FAILS, THERE WILL BE A TOTAL OF TWO NEWLY CREATED WARCRAFT III SUBFOLDERS IN EACH OF THESE FOLDERS.

For me, the maps that failed the migration were called "NARUTO%A7?¸%F8[v1.133]%A1iSM%A1j.w3x" and "g_rpg_b_3[1][1][1][1].95.w3x", check migration log file in logs subfolder in the warcraft iii folder that is in Documents folder. Regardless, renaming isn't really necessary if you follow above instructions. Hope this helps for those with similar problems.

Reactions: pyf
Status
Not open for further replies.