1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Warcraft 2: The remake

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by LordPerenoldeII, Apr 9, 2017.

1. SgtWinter

SgtWinter

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's been a while since I checked on this thread (since I'm busy), Pere-Pere. I'm glad to see that you're still working on this.

Just wanted to ask what's been going on so far. I'm curious as to how the development's been. Any bugs or issues you've had? Any chance we get to see some neat screenshots of your work because I'm curious as to what you've done so far.

Also, I noticed that you guys are tuning the Gryphons and Dragons. I suggest to increase their collision size to something like 64, and let them damage units behind their main target by changing their Weapon Type to Missile (Line).

I'm fully confident that you can pull this off! You're kinda the reason I started my Warcraft: Age of Chaos project, so... ahem... you're sort of an inspiration to me... (Insert 'Notice meh senpai' joke here.)

2. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes i am. Still on it and kicking. Yesterday i reprised('bout time), i've finished terraining map11. My team-mates terrainers already did the geographical part, but on my request they laid around only dummy units and buildings according to their original position for me to swap in a second moment, because nothing was customized in the beginning. So, i did that yesterday with map11, today i shall go for the scripts section and, if i have time, i'll do its intro as well(god help me).

Yep, so this is what has been going so far: stats have been compiled, units and techtrees have been compiled(just need to test and tweak dragons/griffins), spells have been compiled, researches and upgrades have been compiled, custom units for subfactions have been compiled. Oil system works as it is, its got flaws but i made it work in another way. Human ToD maps are in progress. Atm i'm on map11 and IT SEEMS i somehow found a bit of upturn, so don't say anything about it, because it's hanging on a thread and it could easily set down again. I hope i'm not just talking. I hope i'm gonna resume yesterday's work today when i'm back home from job.

yesyes, i've already set that up. Increasing collision size could be an idea. Also i'm planning on slightly weakening their armor because, as @Anaxie said, there could be a major spam from players in late maps, just like there wc1 final mission ended up with the bad(but legit) habit of exploiting the meta of sitting your casters summoning Daemons/Elementals and steamroll the opponent.
    Screenshots? hmmm, that might not be a bad idea, yesterday i was overlooking map11 after the terraining was done and i was amazed by my own work! Not because i did it, but because everything was really looking like a wc2 remaster! I shall post it here later so you can understand what i mean.

Once again, i'm flattered for such words. Didn't even think that was possible. Sometimes i amaze even myself.
    Also, i feel somehow relieved to hear delays by Blizzard in announcing the release date of Reforged(which could even be 31 dec 2019 for what we know). Keep hope alive!

3. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So, i gave you a little demo not too long ago, now it's time for a couple of screens of what i'm onto. Few...but good. ;) The work continues.
    EDIT: I would have preferred that lake to have shallow shores, but the terrainer did it like this and there was no way for me to change it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. SgtWinter

SgtWinter

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    By the light! It looks amazing! It looks like a legitimate Warcraft 2 in 3D. I literally had to blink twice to see if I was seeing actual screenshots of Warcraft 2 or not. My only complaint would be the Lordaeron Summer trees since it simply clashes with the tiles and aesthetic. Why not try using these?

Lordaeron Summer Tree #2 (Beta)

It'll probably fit in. Anyways, project is looking good and I can't wait to see the release of it!

5. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    haha true, we'll need to see if gameplay matches too.

6. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks but i shall keep the normal type. I need it also for snow and dirt maps, not to mention the exotic-looking mushrooms for BtDP.
    I appreciate your feedback. Let's see what i can do.

7. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Love it!

8. Anaxie

Anaxie

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey @LordPerenoldeII hes our man,
    If he cant do it. No one can!

Really though youre probably the last and best hope for a fully complete warcraft 2 port.

9. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Tooooooooooooooooooooo kind.

I've almost completed Alterac's map scripts. Damn what a pain. I forgot i had to create new enemy troops(being humans) because otherwise the triggers could interfere with the player's own units. It's coming out nicely, i'm 80% done with the map, i can say.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  10. Lazarator

Lazarator

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well done, dude. At first I thought the campaign's going to have a WC3 mechanism which includes normal heroes and units based on WC3, not the actual WC2 mechanism. But I'm still looking forward to see this campaign done :)

11. loktar

loktar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is awesome!

Can I help? I can do scripting/triggers (vJASS or GUI), map editing (I suck at terrain, but I'm decent at anything else), and model editing.

BTW, I'm sure you already know this old mod, but I'll post the link just in case: WC2: 2nd Generation
    It fully recreated WC2, including oil, advanced build, etc., so maybe you can use some of its systems.

I would also love to see a WC3-style version of this.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  12. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    oh sh+sh+sh+sh+ i was going to ask you, but i dunno, did it took this long for you to notice all of this? :D Anyway, i'll hit you via pm.

13. loktar

loktar

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I almost never go on the forums, I hadn't seen this before xD

14. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So, after i've completed map11 and i'm now moving to map12, i've noticed some work still left to do by my terrainer mate. ;) I got tired of using the map picture in a small window to fit it with the editor altogether, so i had the smart idea to use my gaming monitor as a stretched desktop, thus being able to have full visual of both template and tools.
    Also, exclusively for you, a picture of my screen counterpart, as well as my predecessor, Lord Perenolde, addressing to his people before his nation's impending doom. :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. SgtWinter

SgtWinter

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wait! You've been working with the Horde this entire time! I don't think I can trust you anymore!

Jokes aside. Looking good! I see you've improved the terrain a lot!

16. Stwiki

Stwiki

Resources:
    Resources:
  17. LordPerenoldeII

LordPerenoldeII

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm through map13 now, the human campaign is almost complete. Once it's complete, the orc campaign should flow more easily due to the already compiled mpq. I'm just not sure if i should release the first campaign already, or wait for the second. Not to mention the Enhanced versions and the (smaller)bonus campaigns.

18. Tuwnew

Tuwnew

Resources:
    Resources:
    You can probably release the first one as a demo. Therefore, bugs found can be fixed while you're making the orc campaign and then make a release for the both!

19. Stwiki

Stwiki

Resources:
    Resources:
    i agree with you as a community we good about letting modder know about bugs in there games

20. Lazarator

Lazarator

Resources:
    Resources:
    I agree, but I suggest releasing a beta version of the human campaign, so that the players could find and suggest the bugs that needs to be fixed (if there are some minnor bugs). Of course, don't leave too many bugs. Try to make the campaign as playable as possible with as little bugs as possible.