• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
The file size according to Moddb is 35.05mb

I will download it tmr morning and I hope to play it

I ll give you my feedback soon dude

Feedback

This is an extremely good mod, I have tried it out and it has alot of potential
I'd like to say a few things

1 - Undead, Ziggaraunts do not give food. I believe it is a bug , so please shed some light on this topic

2 - Heroes and items are not available so it would be more than good if you could implement them into the game

3 - I think we need to have more maps esp Naval maps

4 -I think many icons could be improved, I dont like the default (War 3 TFT) ones. I dont mean a graphics overhaul but icons only overhaul :D

Last edited:
Level 13
Thanks for your feedback.

1 - Undead, Ziggaraunts do not give food. I believe it is a bug , so please shed some light on this topic

Necromancers give food but the tooltips are not updated in the released version. The new version with updated tooltips and fully playable undead will come soon.

2 - Heroes and items are not available so it would be more than good if you could implement them into the game

I am sorry but the mod concept is without heroes and items. Maybe i will add an optional game mode, but i cant promise anything. Not too motivated right now to be honest.

3 - I think we need to have more maps esp Naval maps

The next release will feature more naval/semi naval maps.

4 -I think many icons could be improved, I dont like the default (War 3 TFT) ones. I dont mean a graphics overhaul but icons only overhaul :D

Its a lot of work to make new icons but i agree with you. Suggestions are welcome.

Level 3
Awesome! I just have to wait for the next version

Yes, please an optional game mode or whatever that will also add heroes/items
Take it to the next level dude

Your mod has so much potential, would love heroes and items in it
More maps will also make it a lot better

better icons would improve ur mod too

I already have a graphic overhaul mod to install in mind and wanna combine ur mod and that mod and play it
maybe i will post screenshots of it later on :)

Im just waiting for the new versions of ur mod and the other one

Anyways, i have tracked ur mod on moddb so i ll know when you update

Just hope it will come out fast xD

Sincerely , a very eager fan

Level 19
Some of the old style spells aren't there! Like where are the paladins? where is the cool blood lust and eye ball magic of the ogres?

Well maybe I'm missing something but it just isn't as cool as the old one

Level 1
Sorry, took me forever to get around to this, yes I followed the instructions exactly, and the patch I have is 1.07

Level 16
I found a bug or errors:
  • HUMANS:"Spiked arrows" upgrade button is solid lime green. so the button is missing.
    Edit: ah after I upgraded to the keep, it showed up, but not before.. interesting.
  • ORCS: Alter of Storms doesn't have the correct tooltip, it says use necrolytes, when targeting the necro, it says to use acolytes, it wasn't till later I found out it was orc grunts!
  • NIGHT ELVES: "Glaive throwers, but shoot arrows like the Ballista? change the model to TFT, or change the name?
  • I can destroy Oil deposits?
  • SUGGESTION: Navel construction could be on town halls and just require the t2 upgrade. example: what if I expand and want to create a naval worker, Why should i have to upgrade the Town Hall at my expansion in order to create one there?

TaShadan, consider making a campaign with these features as well, I don't think you have fully tapped into your potential. The idea are sound, the mix and balance between humans and orc is near flawless imo. I think you sound continue to work on perfecting and then go for a campaign of some sort.

sadly I don't think the game is worth a complete re-copy of my war3 folder, least not yet. If someone is going to need to copy and mod over the entire game itself instead of just a map, all 4 races should be changed, as a total conversion at least. I just cant see why this idea can not be done in a single map pack (Such as Beyond the Throne maps) I understand these might sound hard, but I have high hopes for your work! Don't give up.

My rate is 4/5 because with bugs and errors, I can't wait to see the next version released.

Last edited:
Level 13
Thx for the detailed reply.

I found a bug or errors:
  • HUMANS:"Spiked arrows" upgrade button is solid lime green. so the button is missing.
    Edit: ah after I upgraded to the keep, it showed up, but not before.. interesting.

• Have to check the again. Did not realize it yet :(

[*]ORCS: Alter of Storms doesn't have the correct tooltip, it says use necrolytes, when targeting the necro, it says to use acolytes, it wasn't till later I found out it was orc grunts!

I think i already fixed that in the newest version (which is not released yet)

[*] NIGHT ELVES: "Glaive throwers, but shoot arrows like the Ballista? change the model to TFT, or change the name?

Yes the nightelven have a Ballista now. I have to change the name.

[*] I can destroy Oil deposits?

Yes they can be destroyed. Similar to CnC Oil derricks.

[*]SUGGESTION: Navel construction could be on town halls and just require the t2 upgrade. example: what if I expand and want to create a naval worker, Why should i have to upgrade the Town Hall at my expansion in order to create one there?

Interesting idea. I will think about it.

TaShadan, consider making a campaign with these features as well, I don't think you have fully tapped into your potential. The idea are sound, the mix and balance between humans and orc is near flawless imo. I think you sound continue to work on perfecting and then go for a campaign of some sort.

I would love to make a campaign, but my terraining skills are not that great and i just do not have the time i fear.

sadly I don't think the game is worth a complete re-copy of my war3 folder, least not yet. If someone is going to need to copy and mod over the entire game itself instead of just a map, all 4 races should be changed, as a total conversion at least. I just cant see why this idea can not be done in a single map pack (Such as Beyond the Throne maps) I understand these might sound hard, but I have high hopes for your work! Don't give up.

Too bad that you think so. My mod is just too big to be a standalone map (i actually started as a standalone map but you can not play maps bigger than 16 mb in multiplayer) and some of the features are not possible with a map version (for example the faction color changes).

Level 16
I was not aware of the 16 MB online Limit. That royally sux!
is there a way to optimize the maps and make them under the Limit? It starts to make sense after you explained this.

also about the Campaign idea. what if you had someone to do the Terrain work for ya? Do you have the ideas, and trigger knowledge to make it possible?

Level 13
Actually i thought about a campaign linking wc2 to wc3 but as i said i am lacking the terrain. I do have some ideas and i guess i can create most of the triggers needed. But i do not have enough time to finish it without help.

Level 1
Okay, now that it works here's my bits!

1. I like how you have the new models and voices and all, but I do think it'd be great if you got all the old voices into this as well.
2. Orc Grunts are stronger than footmen...this is an annoyance as it makes it harder as humans to defend your base when you're building it up and you're pretty much screwed.
3. I LOVE how the undead focus more on death magic than frost magic, including the new Lich, and I love the new models, but why not spawn units from other buildings besides the crypt? Like skeleton units from the Graveyard or something.

Have yet to play night elves, but I'll give them a try sooner or later. This is pretty awesome by the by :)

Level 1
How did u get the Undead and Elves to work.....

I can only pick from orcs or humans when playing local network games, the other to spots say NA

is the latest version 1.21b?

Level 13
Okay, now that it works here's my bits!

1. I like how you have the new models and voices and all, but I do think it'd be great if you got all the old voices into this as well.
2. Orc Grunts are stronger than footmen...this is an annoyance as it makes it harder as humans to defend your base when you're building it up and you're pretty much screwed.
3. I LOVE how the undead focus more on death magic than frost magic, including the new Lich, and I love the new models, but why not spawn units from other buildings besides the crypt? Like skeleton units from the Graveyard or something.

Have yet to play night elves, but I'll give them a try sooner or later. This is pretty awesome by the by :)

I aimed for more differences between the factions thats why footmans are weaker but faster and cheaper and Undead can only build in the Crypt while using the other buildings as tech.

Level 29
What can i not suggest ? For the start: Total imba!1!11
Buildings paper-thin weak,
axethrowers broken and counter everything,
mass resurrection spam ftw,
sneak stalkers to kill squishy necros, undead supply blocked gg,
bandits at their camp are useless,
seperation of mage and wizard found to be excess,
and a boatload of other issues when it comes down to unit vs unit balance. Some units are too good not to be spammed the moment you gain access to them.

Level 13
No offense but how many games did you play and did you play vs AI only? I tested the balance with some former good Warcraft and Starcraft Broodwar players and i patched the obviously broken stuff already. If you do no believe me i am always up for a game. I admit though that undead might be imba, because i had no proper test games with the undead yet.

Level 16
Did you guys try the new version? Any suggestions or comments?

I have been slowly working on my own Warcraft II Melee map and been doing it in my free spare time. I have yet to try the new version, but I need to play against other players to really test it out.

Any news on perhaps starting out a Single Player campaign for it? I would most defiantly be a beta tester for that.

Level 13
I was not able to figure out how i can modify the installer to make a copy of WC3 on his own yet. It is possible though. Right now it just installs the files to the folder you will tell him. Which should be a copy of your original wc3 folder. If someone installs it to the original wc3 its not a problem anymore because the uninstaller removes all wc2.5 files. Also the registry stuff is done automatically.

Level 16
I was not able to figure out how i can modify the installer to make a copy of WC3 on his own yet. It is possible though. Right now it just installs the files to the folder you will tell him. Which should be a copy of your original wc3 folder. If someone installs it to the original wc3 its not a problem anymore because the uninstaller removes all wc2.5 files. Also the registry stuff is done automatically.
all I did was change the directory (which your ash folder a bit over the top)
to just match my old wc 2.5 folder I made some time back. Its nice to have if you have already made a copy before.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Status
Not open for further replies.