• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WarCom - Multiplayer Mod (Increase Player Limit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
genin32 said:
When I asked you can you remove the black areas from the screen that are behind the UI, you told me that SharpCraft can't do this then it means that SharpCraft can't touch inner files of the game.

This statement is hilarious.

You act like I'm sitting here lying to you. YES, SharpCraft can allow increased map size if used properly. Single-player mode inherently provides this.

Also what's with your posts being multi-colored. Do your posts need special attention over everyone elses or something lol?

SharpCraft removes the filesize limit by letting multiplayer games be started in singleplayer. So yes, it uses a different method.

Multi-player games in Single Player? Interesting.. . Tough I do not advise on doing that, you will have so much to do. Single-Player was designed differently from Multi-Player. Lots of luck then :)

PS: With StarCraft II Arcade thing it is possible that Blizzard wont be happy with this awesome tool, they are likely to release a new patch to ruin this mod just as they ruined RtC. Because they want everyone to play StarCraft II, they even made the Arcade games free to play on free to play version.!

Level 25
Having just skimmed through thisvery quickly, does this mean we can have 16-64 player melee games?

Would be quite cool to have a large melee map and see how it dukes out. Could try it here on Hive.

Level 29
genin, Blizzard didn't release any patch to "ruin RtC". Only a couple of addresses had to be patched for it to work again (though I believe jAPI did get outdated, and RtC relied on it).

In any case, MindWorx (or someone?) did in fact remove the UI, it's just that the game doesn't actually render there, it's just black bars.
You can make a plugin that gets access to the internal D3D context and do whatever you want, so yes, SharpCraft does actually let you do all of this, it's simply that nobody made any fully working plugin for it.

Level 21
Having just skimmed through thisvery quickly, does this mean we can have 16-64 player melee games?

Would be quite cool to have a large melee map and see how it dukes out. Could try it here on Hive.

So far I've heard that there is no way inside warcraft to get the player number. Every player is player 1 to self. Player 2 are allies, 3 are enemies... or something along those lines.
A melee map will be tough.

However, you can make a 64-player hero arena if you code it appropriately.

Xonox said:
So far I've heard that there is no way inside warcraft to get the player number. Every player is player 1 to self. Player 2 are allies, 3 are enemies... or something along those lines.
A melee map will be tough.

SharpCraft allows the creation of new types, and possibly modifying current ones. Meaning you can technically extend (or create) the player type to support whatever you need.

I'm not 100% sure on this though.

genin, Blizzard didn't release any patch to "ruin RtC". Only a couple of addresses had to be patched for it to work again (though I believe jAPI did get outdated, and RtC relied on it).

In any case, MindWorx (or someone?) did in fact remove the UI, it's just that the game doesn't actually render there, it's just black bars.
You can make a plugin that gets access to the internal D3D context and do whatever you want, so yes, SharpCraft does actually let you do all of this, it's simply that nobody made any fully working plugin for it.

Please if this is truly possible then make it. Make the game render in those locations. I hope this is not such a big task, seeing how you will increase players. I will credit +rep for such task. Please include the render thingy in WarCom or just create a plugin that does that.

Level 6
warcom has completely different networking code???? wtf? why? since when?

then there is like 0 chance you could play a game with any people with regular war3?!
that would totally suck :*( (and also recategorise this mod well outside the scope of usability for all my current projects)

Level 29
WarCom implements normal TCP (UDP too?) sockets.
All the networking will be up to the map, and yes, you wouldn't be able to play with other people without it. But then, this is true in general for SharpCraft, seeing how it adds things that don't exist in Warcraft 3.

I'm sure that this will be truly a wonderful modification and a plugin. But the problem is that it will be too advanced. If some cant learn vJass nor Jass then how can anyone expect to use this? Maybe you should create your own GUI data for others to pick out and start creating from? And to write a game from scratch has no point in War3 Engine. If you really wanted to write a game why do it on this engine? I suggest Unity, its a little much easier than WarCom.

Level 6
so basically you need weeks of work just to be able to play this online and even then it willl probably be buggy and explode in your face?

this just became useless to me. :(

might as well start making a stand-alone FS game...

Level 29
What do you mean normal networking?

WarCom isn't just something client-sided, it has a server back-end.

If TriggerHappy works on it, it can also have a generic data set/get functions so that it should be easy to use for different maps (by removing the need to know how to use sockets). You'd still need that server running somewhere, though.

Now if we're just talking about grabbing information from somewhere, you can use the much simpler HTTP plugin.

Level 6
OMG holy sh" this is so so nice and it can help warcraft/hiveworkshop survive the future nice idea lets keep the hive alive :thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Level 3
Is it dead?? i was waiting for warcom and i am willing to test it please

release Alpha Version bro please :( i am really waiting for this

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 6
Good day TriggerHappy, we just want to know if warcom is currently on development ?
well, if its dead, there are people who can continue working on it, but i personally hope you are the one who will continue on it :)
We Also would like to have an approximative release date ?
Contact me if you need any kind of help, Good luck :)

Level 3
So wait... Is this dead or not :'(?

Oh god. I got linked here from another forum. I saw the initial post and my heart skipped a beat.

Then I skipped to the last page, and appearantly it's dead? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Reactions: Rui
Level 6
hi ! its dead when TriggerHappy say it is ^^ its HIS project after all :)
if you want some thing similar try sharpcraft, its older but working.

Status
Not open for further replies.