• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Warcarft 3 Editor Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I was following this video yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_-Wsi0yQ5k
And I did everything what the video told me but in the end I was unable to pick up the item. Can anyone tell me the problem on how to fix it? I would really love to use this item for my map but I can't even pick it up. It just vanishes every time it makes contact with a hero even with me making it start off with it. Welp?

Level 2
Here yeah go!

Uhhh not sure how to but.... Does paint work?

Attachments

• Triggers.png
    Triggers.png
    225.9 KB · Views: 137
Level 2
Did I do it right?

• Inferno Amulet
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Attacking unit) has an item of type Inferno Necklace) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set Chance_Inferno_Amulet = (Random integer number between 1 and 5)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Chance_Inferno_Amulet Equal to 2
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Distance = (Facing of (Attacking unit))
          • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Set Distance = (Distance + (Distance + 30.00))
              • Unit - Create 1 Inferno Necklace Dummy for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at (Position of (Attacking unit)) facing Distance degrees
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Dreadlord - Carrion Swarm ((Position of (Last created unit)) offset by 256.00 towards Distance degrees)
              • Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        • Else -
I just want to have the item in my inventory instead of it just vanishing.

Level 2
It is what it is up there. I didn't change it or anything. I don't see stats - use automatically when acquired up there

Edit: What do you guys mean by "set the field" Is it within the trigger or outside of the trigger?

Level 2
It was on! THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS! I am such a noob at this. :p Can you help me with another noob question? So I created a custom item but however I cannot find it in the ability section to item and went custom. How do I make it on there for the custom item?

Level 23
It was on! THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS! I am such a noob at this. :p Can you help me with another noob question? So I created a custom item but however I cannot find it in the ability section to item and went custom. How do I make it on there for the custom item?

You want to add an ability to that custom item you just made?
You can add abilities to item by double clicking the field Abilities - Abilities in your custom item, click the add ability button, then find your ability in the list.

If you want to create a new ability for your custom item, go to the abilities tab of the object editor, copy and paste the default ability that works similarly to your wanted custom ability and then do the things I mentioned in the first paragraph to add it to your custom item.

Level 2
No no no. I mean if I create a custom item. It won't appear on the list. I was just listing up there of where I am pointing you guys what list it was. If you click on abilities - abilities then a list comes up right? Then I clicked item and on the right side custom. However it won't appear on my list even though I created a custom item.

Level 14
When you look at the list of abilities, only abilities will show up in the list. The abilities are for the abilities you give your item. (You can choose Hero Abilities, Unit Abilities, and Item Abilities) I think when you are choosing item you are expecting it to list the items, but in fact it lists all the Item Abilities. You can make custom abilities in the object editor and then add them to your items. Each ability has a classification as a hero ability or item ability, or if both are set to false it is a unit ability. If I am understanding you correctly it sounds like you are looking for the item you made in the list of abilities, and that is not how it works. If I understood you incorrectly, then disregard this.

Status
Not open for further replies.