1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

War3 Model Editor

Submitted by Magos
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This Model Editor is not made by me, but is made by Magos.

War3 Model Editor is as the name suggests a Model Viewer and a Model Editor dedicated to Warcraft 3. It supports both loading and saving of .mdl and .mdx model formats which are used in Warcraft 3. It also supports .bmp, .tga, .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .pcx and .blp texture formats.

There is a buildt-in MPQ Browser that allows you to browse any MPQ archive, which also includes Warcraft 3 map files (.w3m and .w3x). The MPQ Browser has been optimized for speed and is very fast to load and use. The Browser is customizable so you can add/remove your own icons and filters.

Features
Features

* Model Viewer
* Model Editor
* Geoset Importing/Exporting
* Can save/load the model formats *.mdl and *.mdx
* Can save/load the texture formats .bmp, .tga, .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .pcx and .blp
* Can import other model formats (importers stored in DLLs)
* Ability to convert between the model formats
* Ability to convert between the texture formats
* MPQ Browser (very fast loading)
* Support for custom listfiles
* Support for custom MPQ filters & icons

Extras

* Loading Screen Creator
* A tool to create colored text for Warcraft 3

Supported Importers

* md2 (Quake 2)
* ms3d (Milkshape)

{UPDATE}
Hey people, it's Rui. I have updated the tool to v1.07 and added some keywords for searching. Enjoy!

Keywords:
warcraft, 3, III, magos, editor, model, war3, wc3
Contents

War3 Model Editor (Binary)

Reviews
PurplePoot: Approved for extreme usefulness, whether as a mapper or a modeler.
  1. DEAD FiSH

DEAD FiSH

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Turn off the subscription for this thread, you won`t be notified about new posts in it.
    :thumbs_up:

2. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Did you extract the .dll and put it in the War3ModelEditor folder?
    Sometimes people forget to extract...

3. Engkanto

Engkanto

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    How to use it?

4. Dark.LiquidDeth

Dark.LiquidDeth

Resources:
    Resources:
    Im having trouble using opening the file for this. Maybe someone could post a tutorial on how to downlaod this properly because i am confused.
    EDIT
    I downloaded a windows downloader (DirectX) and whenever I try to use it it says "An internal system error has occured. Please refer to DXError .log and DirectX.log in your windows folder to detirmine the problem. I than installed a fixit progam from windows and it told me that it could not fix the glitch.
    Edit
    I downloaded it on this site http://www.filefront.com/14265031/wa...tor_v1.07.zip/ and it actually worked! Now I just need to figure out how to acsses models...

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  5. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You probably have a .dll error. Download that .dll and extract it into your War3ModelEditor folder. If that is not the error, tell us what the error is. We can't help you if you don't tell us what your error is. Also it would help if you read the previous 200 posts regarding errors.

6. Holy Crusader

Holy Crusader

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
  7. Karassu

Karassu

Resources:
    Resources:
    That's just easy, download d3dx9_35 from the web, use this link (trusted site) http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3dx9_35, then click on download d3dx9_35.dll, (not the fixer tool, but you can also download the fixer tool), then extract it to your C:\Windows\System32, or just follow the instructions written there... ('Cause it depends on your OS)... This will surely work.

8. Losam

Losam

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    i can not tell if I post a tutorial on how to conduct a proper functioning of Warcraft 3 Model Editor, this program is run on my pc (you can see the files. Mdl,. BLP and others) but you can not create a model.
    Try to download the Archiving. Dll (which is a file extension of the program) can run the program.

9. shinji

shinji

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I can't open it after I extract the file. It says something is missing. what should I do?

10. -Peper-

-Peper-

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Read above please.

11. adrianwho

adrianwho

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why doesn't it work? I really need this for my campaign. All it says when I click it to run is:
    The program can't start because d3dx9_35.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
    Can you please tell me how to fix this. I downloaded this three times and it still says the same thing. What is the d3dx9_35.dll anyway...?

Edit: K, I got it fixed now by downloading the same thing from Warcraft 3 files. Please fix this by adding the 3d9dx_35 file because I checked your file and it was deleted by you. Or you accidentally updated it without that file. So republish this to make it work again.

12. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This file is not a part of the program; it is a part of your computer's files. Sometimes (quite often, lately) your computer will forget to link that file with this program, so you will need to download that .dll file and place it directly in the folder with this program for it to find it.

If you had read the hundreds of previous comments explaining this, you wouldn't have had to go through so much trouble on your own. But at least you fixed your problem.

13. Renderer17

Renderer17

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
  14. Hsojmil

Hsojmil

Resources:
    Resources:
    10/10 xD:ogre_hurrhurr:

15. nuke

nuke

Resources:
    Resources:
    how to use?

16. F0R3V3rM0R322

F0R3V3rM0R322

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can't open it

17. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It would help if you would look at the post directly above, linking the .dll file.

Also, simply informing us that it does not work is not enough. You have to tell us what the error is. However, I suspect that it is the same error many people have had, and that you both did not bother to check the previous posts.

18. aagrimenoe

aagrimenoe

Resources:
    Resources:
    i very like this tool.....
    i want create a skin w/ this tool....

if my account has been 10 day... i will rate it... :D

19. InfernalTater

InfernalTater

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You can't create textures with this tool. It is for models.

20. owenfitz

owenfitz

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    i have the same problem.
    What is the answer to this?
    :goblin_good_job: