• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

⚔️War Quest World

An adventure RPG with a world map, hero jobs, item classes, vehicles, and more. Sail the seas and fly the skies in your quest to defeat Chaos.

Start in the village of Glenheim and make your way across the world collecting and upgrading your equipment. Join up with your party and fight in periodic epic battles.

Join the War Quest World Discord Server!

HELP WANTED!

War Quest World is under development and we could use your help with:
- Spells, skills, items
- Story, quests, plotline
- Icons, models, new ideas!

CREDITS

Mythic - Spell effect models
Tamplier777 - Unit models
Blink - Spell effect models
TriggerHappy - Save & Load, File IO
NightKnight - UI Designer tools
dtnmang - Attack & Damage type tutorials
MorePillons - Testing

Contents

War Quest World - Act I (Map)

War Quest World - Act II (Map)

War Quest World - Act III (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Seems like a really nice mix of RPGish gameplay with some sort of tactical battling. Pretty creative for a Warcraft III map. Make sure to credit everyone whose resources you've used for all maps, please. Approved. If you want more reviews, you...
DEV UPDATE

This update is a complete rework of the map. In thinking about replayability and multiplayer more, I have decided to center it around the battles by creating a global timer that rounds up all the players on the battlefield. There is also no more saveload system as that separated new players from advanced players.

A lot of bugs have been found thanks to recent playtesting, but it is clear that the loading time and desyncs are the big issues. I think the loading time may be related to the amount of pre placed units and I am thinking of ways to reduce them. Dungeons could have random encounters instead, just like the worldmap. On the other hand players want to coop and fight, not be in an isolated random instance battle... Possibly I can create the units when the players enter the dungeon instead of on map loading.

Many new battles have been created and the main Orb storyline progression is now tied to the battles. A Narration follows the battles as well to add more story. The intro cinematic camera far clip has been fixed so it is now much smoother.

Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Last edited:
NEW UPDATE

The final battle areas have been added!

Lots of balance updates from playtesting with people on bnet recently as well. The oasis has been moved to the first desert area to make healing easier. Battles also now have a priest in case you need to heal up.

I have gotten deeper into UI code and now I have added a new custom minimap! It will show party members as well as the location of the next upcoming battle.

The battle timer has also been extended to periods of 7m30s.

1627094440984.png

SAVE & LOAD UPDATE

Save and load desyncs have been fixed! (thanks KickKing!) Check it out in the Pack's ability panel.

The map also has support for up to 7 players now! It still seems that there is a loading desync where 1 or 2 players might drop right when the map loads... Sometimes games work fine and everyone makes it in, however...

Some new abilities have been added for the 2nd tier Jobs. More to come here with spells and abilities. Also, players now all start with an extra life so new players who die dont get gg-kicked right away.

Also there are Ninjas now.

Last edited:
VOTE UPDATE

This update adds some worldmap changes to the northern continent as well as a new dungeon behind the waterfalls in the first continent.

A new system to start the battle early has been added. Players can now vote to start the next battle by walking onto the Thorns Aura effect or blowing the horn on the battle standard/flag.

Some Recipes and other bugs with stats not matching tooltips have been fixed as well. Some early game legendary items have also been added. Severl bugs related to Ships and docks have been fixed as well.

Last edited:
THE BIG UI UPDATE

This update presents major changes to the UI with a new Equipment System. Inspired by maps like FFF the equipment system now requires items to be clicked to equip which will move them to a new panel. There is also a new menu next to the minimap where the Equipment, Pack, Return, and Airship buttons now reside. This has freed up space in the command card which is now used by items which grant spells/abilities.

There are several new abilities for fighters that now knock enemies into the air and other abilities that provide bonuses when striking airbone units. There will be more combo abilities like this in the future.

In addition there are now rescuable soldiers who are captured scattered around the world. Rescuing them in-between battles adds to the army in your next fight.

Shoutout to @NightKnight 's Reforged UI Designer

1629429908002.png

Last edited:
NEW UPDATE

This update reworks the army to carry with you from fight to fight. There are now many more rescuable units around the world that need to be found and added to the army in between battles. This has made many healing and support spells much more interesting :). Be careful though, skipping from fight to fight without rescuing anyone in between can get you into trouble now!

New class: Samurai. A Dojo has been added to the Tropica islands where you can train in the ways of Bushido. The Samurai is a sword wielding damage dealing class who will have many combo abilities. As a result the early job Swordsmanship has now been renamed to Chivalry in order to distinguish it from Samurai. Chivalry classes can now use Axes and Hammers.

Some new tier 2 passive abilities have been added for the Rider and the Zealot/Raider. (Jousting and Vision Quest)

samurais.png

THE GREAT SPLITTENING

Greetings fellow warriors! This update has divided the world into 3 Acts. This change makes the map loading take about half as long and should prevent some users from crashing due to memory. It also has the added benefit of providing a way point for advanced players so they don't have to repeat the early game all the time. Act II starts in the frozen continent of Nortica while Act III starts off in the dwarven fjords of Wintervale. Progress should be saved when reaching the first destination for each area before you hand off to the next map and you can also still save at any time. Loading is automatic on map load as per usual.

In addition there is now a party HP bar to keep tabs on your friends.

1632519818393.png

Level 22
Personally, when I firstly downloaded map, I don't get - what this about? And stuffed it away.
But recently I overcamed my laziness and played...

I liked it! It seems like some Kings Bounty-like game, for me, and I like concept where you start as simple peasant, than hero. And professions... It's a long time where we played a OpenRPG map where you could change & progress your character profession. Last thing where I saw this was russian multiplayer map "Darkness vs Light", but here it looks so smooth, good.
I like moments when you walk through land and your party are attacked by bunch of wolfs or singular golem. It makes world more... Alive, yeah.

Also seeing that author keeps updating his map feels me with joy, because currently many remaining mapmakers makes only small changes and throw away their creations by many reasons.

But I don't get the point of battles. So you could lose just for losing battle? They're creating additional pressure on player, especially when player is new - he doesn't know that upcoming fight is determines your fate: keep player or recieve defeat message. IMHO, if player lose battle - just repeat it after sometime? Maybe they're storyforward feature and you can't remade them in that way, but...
It's only strange feature of map that I want to mention.

Anyway, good map & concept! Just keep going.
Strange, that no moderator reviewed it.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Seems like a really nice mix of RPGish gameplay with some sort of tactical battling.
Pretty creative for a Warcraft III map.

Make sure to credit everyone whose resources you've used for all maps, please.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Wazzz
Alexen
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/