1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

War of the Ring AOS v6.6

Submitted by Dinodin
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
War of the Ring AOS
by Dinodin
Basic Description:

Map Type/genre:AOS
Map Category:Medieval Warcraft

Features:

-32 selectable Heroes (16 for each team): Gandalf, Frodo, Aragorn, Witch King, Ancient Balrog, Sauron ......
-Alot of triggered spells!
-Capturable Ring!
-Unique custom items!
-Custom models/skins!
-And MORE!

Screenshots:

[​IMG]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[​IMG]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

FAQ:

War of the Ring AOS is a map made by Dinodin and the Description is made by Vengeancekael!
The Map Type is like DOTA, yet its in the LOTR universe!
Note: I'm not trying to do a DOTA-wannabe map. Yes many ideas is from DOTA but it still much different from DOTA..

Changelog:

Changelog

*A new item-vendor added for each team.
*Added some new items for each team.
*Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin now has better models.
*Faramir has a new better model.
*Gollum has a new better model.
*Faramir's "Melee Form" ability is now removed and replaced with "Searing Arrows" instead.
*Fountain of Power is now stronger.
*Balancing changes of some abilities and spells.

Map Status:

Size : 13.8 mb
Protection : Map is protected.

Contact Dinodin OR Vengeancekael if you have questions, finding any bugs, leaks or errors in the map or if you want to help improve this map to make it better or just want to send feedback! You can also contact Dinodin to his email dinodin.wotraos@hotmail.com

This map has it's discord server.Invitation code for discord TtbEZJC

A special thanks to real138, Narogog and Maker for adding triggered spells and fixing bugs and leaks. Also a special thanks to shadowvzs for fixing the JASS-trigger that pervents units to be knocked back through trees and ap0calypse for fixing and redesigning multiboard. Also a special thanks to Herrdave for creating some of the models and Hayate for making some simple trigger functions and a big thanks to Fruit Forest for creating the repick and assist-systems and fixing some minor bugs and glitches.

Keywords:
War, of, the, Ring, Rings, AOS, LOTR, Lord, Hero, Herowar, Castle, Vs, Minas, Barad, Dur, Evil, Good, Dinodin, Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin, Bilbo, Gandalf,
Contents

War of the Ring AOS v6.5 (Map)

War of the Ring AOS v6.6 (Map)

Reviews
16:23, 13th Dec 2009 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. Alxen345

Alxen345

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    From what i analyzed in your map,while playing it,it seems to be quite interesting.But!
    -you should work more on the design of the map(looks too ugly)
    -you should be more creative for skills,use your whole imagination and get them alive using the power of the triggers ;)
    -the hero's skills should have a corelation(an example:first skill armor reduction,second skill bonus physical damage) you know to complete each other and make each hero unique and awesome
    -you need to add AI(AI means heroes that are controlled by computers,via a multiple system of triggers.(Read the helper of the editor on google to understand how to create an AI)
    -excepting those mentioned above,the map is as I said,good
    I am rating it 4/5

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  2. Valandil

Valandil

Resources:
    Resources:
    I love the game I had yestertay playing this combination of Glorfindel skills and item called Elven cape is fantastic making you sileng heroe killer).
    But terrain is Horrible. Do you need a Terrainer ? I can help you if you want. Also I can try to make AI... not sure if they will work correctly but can try.

3. Dinodin

Dinodin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ehm well yes if you think you can improve the terrain more then it's ok ;) I actually can't see anything wrong with the terrain, I think it looks ok but yes it can better :p I really don't get what AI System is but if that will improve the gameplay then it's ok if u adding it.

4. Valandil

Valandil

Resources:
    Resources:
    AI meaans artificial inteligence , so you can play whith a computer.
    Ok but where I can get the open source map ?

5. Dinodin

Dinodin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Play with a computer!? So you mean if I choose to play with a computer then it will randomly pick a Hero and play with it with or against me? Well currently this map often causes people to DC at the start or lag out and I dunno why. It's been happening with this v3.8 version and v3.7 but it didn't happening often with the earlier versions and I haven't made much change since v3.6 I've just fixed alot of bugs and glitches with spells and items and changed the Uruk-Hai Berserker model :-/ So could the new Uruk-Hai Berserker model be bugged or something which makes people DC or lag out at start?

6. Valandil

Valandil

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok if you send me the map I can check triggers and other things like abilities for what makes people dc. But I dont think that can be model, it doesnt make people dc when model is not loaded but only creat green box in the game . So Do you want to send me the open map ?

7. Gumberbunbder

Gumberbunbder

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Is this map like a AOS between Minas Tirith and Minas Morgul? If dinodin gives you the map to edit i could do one of the bases and you could do the other if you wanted. It would be awesome to have like 2 beautiful looking cities opposing eachother.

8. Valandil

Valandil

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dinodin think the map doesnt need any inovation and that terrain is good as it is ...

9. Dinodin

Dinodin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm not saying it's perfect but not bad either... I think it's just ok. Terraining is not my strongest side so if you can make the terrain better than I would be happy...

10. E.M.C

E.M.C

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm, where to begin...

Well I found this map to be way too generic, which is a shame since I really enjoyed the custom models, and the thought put behind the lore of the items and characters.

The map is actually decent looking ingame, but it looks awful on the mini map. There is simply way too many trees. You need a third spawn lane, and various shortcuts between the tree walls that intersect with one another. Just take a look at any standard variety AoS map and you'll know what I mean. What also bothered me is that all of the towers are of the same strength when you make your push forward. You should increase the strength of the towers behind gradually.

The map design is clumsy. On one hand, there's a considerable walking distance between the fountain(s) and the middle of the map, but on the other, there's not enough in-game content to justify so many space. There's also way too many space between each pair of towers. What I've also noticed is that even if you kill the barracks in the lane, the monsters keep spawning, which means that all of the buildings in each base are just for show and serve no real purpose. You might wanna work on that too.

Finally, like other people have pointed out, getting the one ring was way too easy. And also quite underwhelming given how mediocre the item itself is. I know it can be upgraded, but I don't see why would any player bother with it since they can simply save the money to get a great item instead (and the one which will not drop upon death).

All in all, 3/10 at best.

11. Manipulation

Manipulation

Resources:
    Resources:
    - Your heroes stats are so similarly same thats its insulting.... You base your map on something that has a background story meaning you should try to give stats accordingly.
    - Almost all skills deal standard damages which is an old concept.
    - everything is too basic

12. Lord_Marrowgrath

Lord_Marrowgrath

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    2009 to 2019 nothing changed on that map. Map needs massive update. It feels boring and old.