1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

War of the Ring AOS v6.6

Submitted by Dinodin
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
War of the Ring AOS
by Dinodin
Basic Description:

Map Type/genre:AOS
Map Category:Medieval Warcraft

Features:

-32 selectable Heroes (16 for each team): Gandalf, Frodo, Aragorn, Witch King, Ancient Balrog, Sauron ......
-Alot of triggered spells!
-Capturable Ring!
-Unique custom items!
-Custom models/skins!
-And MORE!

Screenshots:

[​IMG]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[​IMG]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

FAQ:

War of the Ring AOS is a map made by Dinodin and the Description is made by Vengeancekael!
The Map Type is like DOTA, yet its in the LOTR universe!
Note: I'm not trying to do a DOTA-wannabe map. Yes many ideas is from DOTA but it still much different from DOTA..

Changelog:

Changelog

*A new item-vendor added for each team.
*Added some new items for each team.
*Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin now has better models.
*Faramir has a new better model.
*Gollum has a new better model.
*Faramir's "Melee Form" ability is now removed and replaced with "Searing Arrows" instead.
*Fountain of Power is now stronger.
*Balancing changes of some abilities and spells.

Map Status:

Size : 13.8 mb
Protection : Map is protected.

Contact Dinodin OR Vengeancekael if you have questions, finding any bugs, leaks or errors in the map or if you want to help improve this map to make it better or just want to send feedback! You can also contact Dinodin to his email dinodin.wotraos@hotmail.com

This map has it's discord server.Invitation code for discord TtbEZJC

A special thanks to real138, Narogog and Maker for adding triggered spells and fixing bugs and leaks. Also a special thanks to shadowvzs for fixing the JASS-trigger that pervents units to be knocked back through trees and ap0calypse for fixing and redesigning multiboard. Also a special thanks to Herrdave for creating some of the models and Hayate for making some simple trigger functions and a big thanks to Fruit Forest for creating the repick and assist-systems and fixing some minor bugs and glitches.

Keywords:
War, of, the, Ring, Rings, AOS, LOTR, Lord, Hero, Herowar, Castle, Vs, Minas, Barad, Dur, Evil, Good, Dinodin, Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin, Bilbo, Gandalf,
Contents

War of the Ring AOS v6.5 (Map)

War of the Ring AOS v6.6 (Map)

Reviews
16:23, 13th Dec 2009 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. Dinodin

Dinodin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I will upload new screenshots in future. Well u can read about the changes in the changelog in the description :)

2. JCarrill0

JCarrill0

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ah ok, when you get some screenshots I'll consider checking it out :)
    and I read the changelog, i didn't seem to notice the exact changes you made unless you got rid of the older change logs...

3. BloodyFart00

BloodyFart00

Resources:
    Resources:
    screenshot 404 x_X

4. TheFrenchLeprechaun

TheFrenchLeprechaun

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just tried your map and I must admit that it's an interesting one even if I'm not fond of AoS maps!

One detail though, some models could be changed to better ones (you still have 0.6Mb to use ^^)! I have plenty of LOTR models, you can check some of them on my current project development thread.

And could you send me your Gandalf, Faramir, and Boromir models please? They could be usefull for my project!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  5. Dinodin

Dinodin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes I can send u the models of Gandalf, Faramir and Boromir but where can I download your LOTR models? Pls answer, they all look awesome! :O

6. TheFrenchLeprechaun

TheFrenchLeprechaun

Resources:
    Resources:
    There aren't online but I can send you via pastebin. Just tell me the ones you would like? Because there's plenty of them ^^"... I'm waiting for your three models, you could send them the same way :)

7. microlabbb

microlabbb

Resources:
    Resources:
    I had a map with the same landscape....
    Same idea
    4 years ago
    Very strange

8. metocan02

metocan02

Resources:
    Resources:
    Add ai to map please I dont like play it on Battle.net alone playing is the best :D

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  9. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Just played it and though the terrain makes me cringe sometimes, several friends and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! Good work 4/5

10. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Played with friend once, Pretty good :p

11. pred1980

pred1980

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Without an AI System its just a boring map. I need bots to play your map. Are u working on an AI System?

12. Dinodin

Dinodin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What is AI System?

13. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    An AI system is an intricate bunch of scripts that add bots which simulate players accurately in a map. Unlike how blizzard bots just stand around if there are no goldmines or workers at their disposal.

14. pred1980

pred1980

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, an AI is a system which simulates copmuter intelligence. Never heard about it? Do you know DotA? If yes, its possible to play vs bots.

An AI system provides a simple computer AI for arena-type maps like yours. Basic actions for the AI include learning skills, picking up items, buying items, and running away.

In your map i can only play alone vs nobody, just creeps and thats why i said it's boring.

15. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Haha I can't believe you're still updating this. :p

16. CafeSaiGon

CafeSaiGon

Resources:
    Resources:
    is this bug or my warcraft error?

[​IMG]

17. Dinodin

Dinodin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well it's been awhile since last time and I'm not working much with this map anymore. I only make some small updates if there is some bugs that has to been fixed...

Ehm I've never seen that bug before so I guess it's your warcraft error...

18. CafeSaiGon

CafeSaiGon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Do you know how to fix it? (my warcraft III)

19. Dinodin

Dinodin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No I don't sorry. I've never seen an error like that before...

20. ZiBitheWand3r3r

ZiBitheWand3r3r

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Sure:D
    restart your warcraft, lol
    you played some shity widgetized map thats corrupts your game cache