1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

War of the Ring AOS v6.6

Submitted by Dinodin
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
War of the Ring AOS
by Dinodin
Basic Description:

Map Type/genre:AOS
Map Category:Medieval Warcraft

Features:

-32 selectable Heroes (16 for each team): Gandalf, Frodo, Aragorn, Witch King, Ancient Balrog, Sauron ......
-Alot of triggered spells!
-Capturable Ring!
-Unique custom items!
-Custom models/skins!
-And MORE!

Screenshots:

[​IMG]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[​IMG]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

FAQ:

War of the Ring AOS is a map made by Dinodin and the Description is made by Vengeancekael!
The Map Type is like DOTA, yet its in the LOTR universe!
Note: I'm not trying to do a DOTA-wannabe map. Yes many ideas is from DOTA but it still much different from DOTA..

Changelog:

Changelog

*A new item-vendor added for each team.
*Added some new items for each team.
*Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin now has better models.
*Faramir has a new better model.
*Gollum has a new better model.
*Faramir's "Melee Form" ability is now removed and replaced with "Searing Arrows" instead.
*Fountain of Power is now stronger.
*Balancing changes of some abilities and spells.

Map Status:

Size : 13.8 mb
Protection : Map is protected.

Contact Dinodin OR Vengeancekael if you have questions, finding any bugs, leaks or errors in the map or if you want to help improve this map to make it better or just want to send feedback! You can also contact Dinodin to his email dinodin.wotraos@hotmail.com

This map has it's discord server.Invitation code for discord TtbEZJC

A special thanks to real138, Narogog and Maker for adding triggered spells and fixing bugs and leaks. Also a special thanks to shadowvzs for fixing the JASS-trigger that pervents units to be knocked back through trees and ap0calypse for fixing and redesigning multiboard. Also a special thanks to Herrdave for creating some of the models and Hayate for making some simple trigger functions and a big thanks to Fruit Forest for creating the repick and assist-systems and fixing some minor bugs and glitches.

Keywords:
War, of, the, Ring, Rings, AOS, LOTR, Lord, Hero, Herowar, Castle, Vs, Minas, Barad, Dur, Evil, Good, Dinodin, Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin, Bilbo, Gandalf,
Contents

War of the Ring AOS v6.5 (Map)

War of the Ring AOS v6.6 (Map)

Reviews
16:23, 13th Dec 2009 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. triptick

triptick

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    After a small 2v2 game i found this map was
    PROS
    +Fun
    +Models
    +lots of creeps in the lanes
    +lots of heroes and good spells
    --------------------------
    CONS
    -Terrain
    -not a ton of items
    --------------------------
    Something i think would be cool
    If you added demi-creeps to the lanes like every 3 or 4 spawns a dunidain, troll, ent, mumak, eagle ect apeared in the lane on both sides
    3.5/5

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  2. Dinodin

Dinodin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I know the terrain is horrible, almost depressing! But terraining is not my strongest side.. I would be really happy if a good terrainer could make it better. Anyone?

3. real138

real138

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    ask in the terrain board they will help surely. for terrain use custom models or skins.
    also plz give me credits for the 2 spells i made for you.

4. Teldrassil

Teldrassil

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'll do some terrain for you if you'd like. I can't say it'll be super awesome but it will def be a vast improvement.

5. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I would suggest removing the lotr music, if someone wants to download the map in battle.net then he'll need more than 10 minutes.

6. Vuormalainen

Vuormalainen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    where did you find the farmamir, boromir and frodo models?

7. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm i see you're still working on this;D

8. VampireofBlood

VampireofBlood

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The Terrain really is a main Negative Flaw, work on that dude.
    Game idea is almost overused, but at least there is no "epic" ever played map in this category.
    So keep it up

9. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh wait.....Dinodin the custom models used in the map aren't yours are they? I think you forgot to give everyone credits:S

10. real138

real138

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    he didnt im still waiting for credit from the spells i did for him.

11. VampireofBlood

VampireofBlood

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    lol, then kick his ass badly ;)

12. real138

real138

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    haha if he finally answers i will :p

13. Dinodin

Dinodin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Frodo is just the normal villager model with remaked skin made by myself ^^ Boromir model is Judah http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/judah2-sword-2a-47613/?prev=search=judah&d=list&r=20 but with remaked skin also made by myself.. and the Faramir model is no longer here in hiveworkshop and the skin is remaked by me.. if u want I can send it to you both with it's original skin and the faramir skin made by me.. sry for the late answer..

14. gtsimos

gtsimos

Resources:
    Resources:
    5/5 for idea ! i have seen all those dbz,naruto,whatever AOS and something like this was needed :)

15. Daredeamon

Daredeamon

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  16. Xperia47

Xperia47

Resources:
    Resources:
    you forget minimap image ._____. 5/5

17. Manuval

Manuval

Resources:
    Resources:
    How can I play it? Its '.w3m' not '.w3x' and it doesn't show up in war3 :(

18. Railto

Railto

Resources:
    Resources:
    lord of khand dead and decay is really strong :/ and he tends to stuck everyone who fights against him at the woods.. with that tornado
    the troll chieftain or that hero got an amazing durability with a a strong ultimate +160? or +150 damage with lifesteal included >_>...
    the abysmal gap between the top and bot secrets shops..
    everyhero tends to get some dam tanky (defense in this case) that only mages and tanks are useful since they got or lots of hp or spell nukes that ignore def. auto atacking someone is pretty much useless

19. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    You should create floating text which displays gold rewards when last hitting creeps :)

You could also improve beginner's experience by reducing backswing point times for ranged heros. I found last hitting to be very difficult for the first 5 minutes.

You should also remove critical strike chance from creeps. This chance causes wave to be pushed to the tower without any user control!

I will review again after you update these things, but for now I'll rate *** (map is playable, has some desirable features, much time has been put into it)

20. JCarrill0

JCarrill0

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I can't see the screenshots for some strange reason.
    what did you change by the way? from last time I mean.