• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War of the Ring AOS v14.1

War of the Ring AOS
by Dinodin
Basic Description:

Map Type/genre:AOS
Map Category:Medieval Warcraft
Features:

-40 selectable Heroes (20 for each team): Gandalf, Frodo, Aragorn, Witch King, Ancient Balrog, Sauron ......
-Alot of triggered spells!
-Capturable Ring!
-Unique custom items!
-Custom models/skins!
-And MORE!

good.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
evil.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
goodheroes.png

evil-heroes.png

FAQ:

War of the Ring AOS is a map made by Dinodin and the Description is made by Vengeancekael!
The Map Type is like DOTA, yet its in the LOTR universe!
Note: I'm not trying to do a DOTA-wannabe map. Yes many ideas is from DOTA but it still much different from DOTA..
Changelog:

*Sorceress Form is now reworked a little so it now increases the Spell Damage done by Galadriel when she is in this form and damage done to summoned units by Dispel now also increases with level.
*Moonlight Shadow effect will no longer break if you are entering a metamorphosis form.
*Boromir has a new ability named "Shackle" and got his "United We Are Stronger" ability removed.
*Wrath of Boromir now reduces enemies movement speed for 5 seconds, down from 8 seconds.
*Aragorn's "Cripple" ability is now a target-ability again but still cripples the enemies around the target.
*Hunting Frenzy now has 1000 cast range, down from 2000 cast range.
*Reduced the damage bonus of "Hunting Frenzy" to 50/75/100, down from 50/100/150.
*Aura of Weakness now reduces enemies armor by 3/5/7/9, up from 2/4/6/8.
*Slightly reduced the damage bonus of "Elendil" to 10/20/30/40, down from 15/25/35/45.
Map Status:

Size : 189.8 MB
Protection : Map is protected.
Contact Dinodin OR Vengeancekael if you have questions, finding any bugs, leaks or errors in the map or if you want to help improve this map to make it better or just want to send feedback! You can also contact Dinodin to his email [email protected]

This map has it's discord server.Invitation code for discord 68Ky452

A special thanks to real138, Narogog and Maker for adding triggered spells and fixing bugs and leaks. Also a special thanks to shadowvzs for fixing the JASS-trigger that pervents units to be knocked back through trees and ap0calypse for fixing and redesigning multiboard. Also a special thanks to Herrdave for creating some of the models and Hayate for making some simple trigger functions and a big thanks to Fruit Forest for creating the repick and assist-systems and fixing some minor bugs and glitches.

Keywords:
War, of, the, Ring, Rings, AOS, LOTR, Lord, Hero, Herowar, Castle, Vs, Minas, Barad, Dur, Evil, Good, Dinodin, Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin, Bilbo, Gandalf,
Contents

War of the Ring AOS v14.1 (Map)

Reviews
16:23, 13th Dec 2009 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 13
Yes, an AI is a system which simulates copmuter intelligence. Never heard about it? Do you know DotA? If yes, its possible to play vs bots.

An AI system provides a simple computer AI for arena-type maps like yours. Basic actions for the AI include learning skills, picking up items, buying items, and running away.

In your map i can only play alone vs nobody, just creeps and thats why i said it's boring.

Level 14
Haha I can't believe you're still updating this. :p
Well it's been awhile since last time and I'm not working much with this map anymore. I only make some small updates if there is some bugs that has to been fixed...

is this bug or my warcraft error?

Ehm I've never seen that bug before so I guess it's your warcraft error...

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

From what i analyzed in your map,while playing it,it seems to be quite interesting.But!
-you should work more on the design of the map(looks too ugly)
-you should be more creative for skills,use your whole imagination and get them alive using the power of the triggers ;)
-the hero's skills should have a corelation(an example:first skill armor reduction,second skill bonus physical damage) you know to complete each other and make each hero unique and awesome
-you need to add AI(AI means heroes that are controlled by computers,via a multiple system of triggers.(Read the helper of the editor on google to understand how to create an AI)
-excepting those mentioned above,the map is as I said,good
I am rating it 4/5

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 9
I love the game I had yestertay playing this combination of Glorfindel skills and item called Elven cape is fantastic making you sileng heroe killer).
But terrain is Horrible. Do you need a Terrainer ? I can help you if you want. Also I can try to make AI... not sure if they will work correctly but can try.

Level 14
I love the game I had yestertay playing this combination of Glorfindel skills and item called Elven cape is fantastic making you sileng heroe killer).
But terrain is Horrible. Do you need a Terrainer ? I can help you if you want. Also I can try to make AI... not sure if they will work correctly but can try.
Ehm well yes if you think you can improve the terrain more then it's ok ;) I actually can't see anything wrong with the terrain, I think it looks ok but yes it can better :p I really don't get what AI System is but if that will improve the gameplay then it's ok if u adding it.

Level 14
AI meaans artificial inteligence , so you can play whith a computer.
Ok but where I can get the open source map ?
Play with a computer!? So you mean if I choose to play with a computer then it will randomly pick a Hero and play with it with or against me? Well currently this map often causes people to DC at the start or lag out and I dunno why. It's been happening with this v3.8 version and v3.7 but it didn't happening often with the earlier versions and I haven't made much change since v3.6 I've just fixed alot of bugs and glitches with spells and items and changed the Uruk-Hai Berserker model :-/ So could the new Uruk-Hai Berserker model be bugged or something which makes people DC or lag out at start?

Level 9
Play with a computer!? So you mean if I choose to play with a computer then it will randomly pick a Hero and play with it with or against me? Well currently this map often causes people to DC at the start or lag out and I dunno why. It's been happening with this v3.8 version and v3.7 but it didn't happening often with the earlier versions and I haven't made much change since v3.6 I've just fixed alot of bugs and glitches with spells and items and changed the Uruk-Hai Berserker model :-/ So could the new Uruk-Hai Berserker model be bugged or something which makes people DC or lag out at start?

Ok if you send me the map I can check triggers and other things like abilities for what makes people dc. But I dont think that can be model, it doesnt make people dc when model is not loaded but only creat green box in the game . So Do you want to send me the open map ?

Level 10

Is this map like a AOS between Minas Tirith and Minas Morgul? If dinodin gives you the map to edit i could do one of the bases and you could do the other if you wanted. It would be awesome to have like 2 beautiful looking cities opposing eachother.

Level 5
Hmm, where to begin...

Well I found this map to be way too generic, which is a shame since I really enjoyed the custom models, and the thought put behind the lore of the items and characters.

The map is actually decent looking ingame, but it looks awful on the mini map. There is simply way too many trees. You need a third spawn lane, and various shortcuts between the tree walls that intersect with one another. Just take a look at any standard variety AoS map and you'll know what I mean. What also bothered me is that all of the towers are of the same strength when you make your push forward. You should increase the strength of the towers behind gradually.

The map design is clumsy. On one hand, there's a considerable walking distance between the fountain(s) and the middle of the map, but on the other, there's not enough in-game content to justify so many space. There's also way too many space between each pair of towers. What I've also noticed is that even if you kill the barracks in the lane, the monsters keep spawning, which means that all of the buildings in each base are just for show and serve no real purpose. You might wanna work on that too.

Finally, like other people have pointed out, getting the one ring was way too easy. And also quite underwhelming given how mediocre the item itself is. I know it can be upgraded, but I don't see why would any player bother with it since they can simply save the money to get a great item instead (and the one which will not drop upon death).

All in all, 3/10 at best.

Level 1
- Your heroes stats are so similarly same thats its insulting.... You base your map on something that has a background story meaning you should try to give stats accordingly.
- Almost all skills deal standard damages which is an old concept.
- everything is too basic

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Map looks great but the balancing is terrible.
Please try to be less harsh and specify what he should improve regarding balance. This way, he will understand your issues. Instead of leaving an 1/5 and a non-specific comment, you could actually suggest him what should be worked on. :plol:

Level 11
after 9.9 got released everything is so broken! worst map ever! every time map is played on battle net 2-3 people are dropped at start! it happens almost at every game! you shouldnt have added 4 new heroes! you copied spells from some outdated map for them thats why there is crash! 3 versions got released and u still cant fix it

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

after 9.9 got released everything is so broken! worst map ever! every time map is played on battle net 2-3 people are dropped at start! it happens almost at every game! you shouldnt have added 4 new heroes! you copied spells from some outdated map for them thats why there is crash! 3 versions got released and u still cant fix it
Jeez. Sorry for stepping up for @Dinodin , but like...instead of pointing how "broken" his AoS is, you could help him out with some suggestions and real screenshots I suppose. Not to mention the raged 1/5 rating that you gave him.

Level 11
Any proof of this? Also, rating this one star without actually helping the author improve is null, a waste of time.
i am not native speaker so i used bit wrong words, i actually play with dindoin every day, i got mad at him, he never does anything himself, he excepts other people to edit his map for him for free without any benefits @Tipou helpped him and hes not even thankfull, even here at hive workshop moderator added comment to his profile to post in requests if dino doesnt want to do anything himself.

by copied i actually meant he takes spells from hiveworkshop's spells section, thats allowed, in 9.9 ver he added 4 new heroes and all of them have custom spells which are from spell section he didnt add anything else so some code he copied then pasted is corrupted.

Level 11
Too bad developer doesnt even care to rename version after he releases new version or make changelog of changes. this all tells quality of editing map and developers attitude to map

(i will change rating if u rename version or make changelog)

Last edited:
Level 3
I was excited to play this, when i first heard about it like a year ago, but I quickly learn why emil always talks down this map.
Horrible balance issues even with tipou helping him a lot... not tipous fault, doesn't even feel like a moba but looks like one. I guess only tip i can give is balance the game make the jungle safer but less gold cap, and perhaps add a 3rd lane. Just makes me want to log off wc3 to dota 2. I know someone that works AI systems for wc3 and sc2 you should perhaps get someone like that to help or learn it. I would send him your way but terrain and other things need to be fixed.

Last edited:
Level 4
Hello this map is amazing! can you upload the version with work with 1.26 o 1.27(better i using this) plzzzzz i dont like i dont play reforged :C