• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War of the Guardians ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Saif, I've got an idea. What about making armors, helms, gloves, accessories except miscs and weapons usable by any class? Like Warmage. It should be able to wear cloths, and mails mainly because it's a warrior-mage type of hero. It also makes int builds for heroes like Holy Knight possible, or go pure strength Holy Knight. This would make all things equippable except weapons which you can't use and miscs you can't use.

Level 11
If you say so, Good thing I have not yet worked on that much Items.

Update:
- Darkgrom - Ability Video is being processed.

EDIT:
Video Uploaded!

Level 2
character.gif

Model: Skeleton Archer
Name: Chrishan - Shadow Hunter
Primary stat: Agility
Role: Ranged Hitter
Starting attributes
Str -- 13 + 1.3
Agi -- 25 + 1.5
Int -- 11 + 1.2

Base HP -- 100
HP Regen -- 0.4

Base MP -- 55
MP regen. -- 0.3
Sight radius
Day -- 1500
Night -- 1000

Equipable Weapons :

Bow
Dagger

Misc:
Gloves
arrows and quivers

Shadow arrow -- Chrishan prepares his special arrow for the next shot.Multiplies damage output of next shot by 1.5x Agility.
Hunter of the Shadows -- Due to him being a shadow Chrishan gains improved sight,MS and AS at night.
Shadow walk -- Chrishan can blend into the shadows to make himself unnoticed to enemies.Improves his ms and gets invisibilty and a 1.5x agi damage breaking the invisibility.
Call of the shadows -- Chrishan calls 3 shadowlings to his side to fight for him.Shadowlings have 300 hp with magical damage
Shadow form -- Chrishan unleashes all his power to change himself to a true shadow.Chrishan gains additional AS and damage at the cost of 2% hp mp per sec.
Shadow grasp -- Chrishan uses shadows to make enemies unable to move in an area. Units in shadow grasp area are disarmed and take damage per sec (lasts for 4 seconds).
Shadow Bow -- Chrishans bow is made of shadowy materials and gets stronger when darkness touches it. Additional 7% of current damage at night time.
Curse of the shadows -- Chrishans arrows are cursed.Every hit damages the enemy's armor by -1 per hit costs x mana(stacks at 15).
Soul storm -- Chrishan calls the souls of the dead around him. Every corpse around the hero will create a dark soul that attacks enemies around the hero.

Last edited:
Level 11
going swimming with my family. I did not know anything about this. Will be working when I get home this sunday or monday. :)

Level 3
ayt so thunder, your gonna have to revise your hero base based on the following:

1. Total starting stats, STR, AGI, and INT, must equal to 50

2. Total stat gains per level must equal to 5.0

3. Total starting HP/MP must equal to 300

4. Total HP/MP base regen must equal to 0.7

5. Remove "Arrows" as equips, coz arrows/quiver are a misc item already for one
of the archer heroes here in WotG.

6. IDK about the gloves if Saif is gonna include gloves as droppable items.

GL with your hero design. :ogre_haosis:

Level 11
No, I am not making any items at present.
I am finishing all heroes so that I can change the description of all item at once.
Do not worry, I will make a lot of weapons which will give you a wide selection to choose from. :)

Level 11
ok then. :D and refer to the post of Ashmedai about the stats of your hero :)

Update:
- Finished Holy Knight's Level 1 Ability "Purification". Ability added to the 1st post.

Last edited:
Level 11
I am also excited to watch you guys play once I release the map ;P

I hope you guys can find a lot of bugs which I could fix as that is the point where I will learn a lot. :D +rep for participating in the thread.

Updates:
- Finished Holy Knight's Level 3 Ability "Divine Protection". Ability added to the 1st post.
- Finished Holy Knight's Level 7 Ability "Lightbringer". Ability added to the 1st post.
- Finished Holy Knight's Level 11 Ability "Peaceful Aura". Ability added to the 1st post.
- Finished Tauren Bender's Pincode System.

@Darkgrom, give me your pincode, consists of 5 numbers (1-9).

Last edited:
Level 3
are there any free heroes already? and is anyone free to suggest heroes?

Last edited:
Level 12
Saif, I feel that Bloodelf's hero is too mainstream to be a secret hero, mainly because of the model, and it's name. Perhaps you should change the model, rename the hero, or even make it a free hero instead. And has Bloodelf shown himself over the past few weeks? If his hero still isn't finished, then doing the necessary remakes would be good.

Level 2
When are we going to have the beta test I wonder, I can't wait to try this map out because I'm bored with other maps and want to try something new. Are all the free heroes done or can we help with the free heroes also? Hope everything works out well.

Level 3
Hey saif, Do you want me to make the skills for ocelot? Cuz i cant think of balanced skills for him. Can you do me a favor and make his skills for me?

Level 3
Hey Ocelot, let me help you out. First i gotta know what your hero role is, is he some pure DPS guy, or do you want to give him some survival skills? Give first a brief description of how you imagine Ocelot to be ingame, what kind of skills you want and how do you want the skills to combo.

Level 3
Hey Ash, I want my hero to be an epic dps guy. sooooo just post it here when you have the time thanks

Level 3
how goes the progress of the map?

btw, i made a hero out of boredom and maybe you can add it as an easter egg? ill pm it to you if you agree :)

by easter egg i mean like youll get the hero code if you do a certain objective.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 11
Finally back from restriction of playing computer.
It was the holy week, sorry if I did not inform you that I would not be online for a week. But now, I shall continue the progress of the map.

@Alek, great idea, where is your hero idea ??

I shall state again, I will release the map once at least some items and quests are finished. for the item's it is ok now, and for the quests, I have not yet finished as I am not yet done with terraining. :)

@Hex, If he does not want his hero to be a registered one, then it is ok. I shall make the changes once he approves your idea.

Updates:
- Finished Holy Knight's Level 15 Ability "Holy Knight's Armor". Ability added to the 1st post.
- Finished Holy Knight's Level 19 Ability "Call of the Light". Ability added to the 1st post.
- Finished Holy Knight's Level 23 Ability "Strength Balance". Ability added to the 1st post.
- Finished Holy Knight's Level 27 Ability "Nature's Help". Ability added to the 1st post.
- Finished Darkgrom - Necromancer's Pincode Protection.

Last edited:
Level 11
I cant play on bnet as I am in the philippines. :/

and yep, I am still focusing on the heroes :)

Level 12
@Saif, the reason why I brought that stuff up is because, first, the name is too mainstream to be a secret one, and the model itself is too mainstream. And, he hasn't even updated his hero yet, and hasn't even completed it, nor has he shown himself these days. I suggest PM'ing him about this, so that he would be able to express his opinions.

Offtopic: You're from Philippines, Saif?

Level 11
Okay, I shall PM him.

Offtopic: Yes I am :)

Update:
- FInished Holy Knight's Level 31 Ability "Holy Leak". Ability added to the 1st post.
- Finished Holy Knight's Level 35 Ability "Light Mastery". Ability added to the 1st post.

Last edited:
Level 3
Oh look, Most of us here are apparently pinoys! Me, Hex, Alek, Fusion.Ashmedai and RPG.Infinity small world huh.

Level 11
I can share the map on Garena then once I release an alpha release :)

Update:
- Finished Holy Knight's Level 39 Ability "Paladin's Sacrifice". Ability added to the 1st post.
- Finished RPG.Infinity - Holy Knight's Pincode Protection.
- Finished RPG.Infinity - Holy Knight's Ability Video.

Last edited:
Level 6
then it must be i'm alone here because i'm not Fillipin ...

OUT OF TOPIC
@Saif don't worry to play in there i'm Indonesian play there and having ping from 100 to 200 ms so try don't to worry you must be getting like 80 to 190 ms (maybe this my prediction)

Level 11
@zlowly, No it is not that, I cannot connect to bnet itself. It shows, you cannot connect to bnet please check your internet connection. Something like that.

Abilities for Hunter:

Night Vision(level 15)
The Hunter can see as far at night as they do during the day.

Blessing of the Moon(level 19)
Increases Hunter's agility by x.

Hippogryph(23)
Summons a Hippogryph to fight for the Hunter.

Roar of the Wild(level 27)
Calls down a group of rampaging panthers to explode upon the Hunter's enemies. Each exploding panther deals x damage. Lasts x seconds.

cyclone.gif

Leafstorm(level 31)
Creates leaves that turn circular and fast around the hunter. Neabry enemies will take x damage, until the spell stops or they leave that region. Lasts x seconds.

Elune's Arrow(level 35)
Shoots a shiny arrow to a target enemy, dealing x damage, and if the enemy dies, a nature spirit will spawn from it to serve the hunter. Neabry units will be affected too.

Elune's Blessing(level 39)
The hunter is blessed by Elune.
Now:
-Deals an extra 65% damage with the Enchanted Bow ability
-Deals an additional 0.50x the Hunter's agility as damage with the Multishot ability
-The enemy receives poison damage equivalent to 0.80x of the Hunter's agility per second for 30 seconds with the Deadly Arrow ability.
-You can control 3 units at a time with the Arrow of Control ability
-See more far the night than the day with the Night Vision ability.
-Increases hunter's agility by more with the Blessing of the Moon ability
-Summons 2 Hippogryphs to fight for the hunter with the Hippogryph ability
-Each exploding panther deals more damage, lasts more seconds with the Roar of the Wild
-Neabry enemies will take more damage, until the spell stops or they leave that region, lasts more seconds with the Leafstorm ability
-Deals x damage, and if the enemy dies, a enchanted nature spirit will spawn from it to serve the hunter with the Elune's Arrow ability

Last edited:
And by the way, here are some item and quest ideas:

Items:

Runeaxe - Magical axe with icy runes used by death knights. Increases damage by x. If you attack a enemy with this axe, his movement speed will be reduced by x% over x seconds, and if u kill a unit with this axe, a skeleton will spawn from it.

Stone Hammer - Hammer made of purple-ish stone with glowing red rubys. Gives +x strenght and increases damage by x and health by x.

Scroll of the Divine - Divine glowing paper with magical runes, hard to read. This item can make the hero divine for x seconds, call a angel for x seconds and heal the hero and neabry friendly units by x. Contains 4 charges.

Druid's Robes - Robes of druids. Increases agility by x and armor by x.

Monk's Robes - Robes of monks. Increases strenght by x and armor by x.

Mage's Robes - Robes of mages. Increases inteligence by x and armor by x.

Quests:

Voodoo Traditions - <Quest Giver's Name> wants to curse <Name>, one of his worst enemies! Help him!
-Buy a ''voodoo doll'' from <Merchant's Name>
-Enchant the ''voodoo doll'' using the ''stone of souls''
-Go to <Quest Giver's Worst Enemy's name> and curse him using the ''voodoo doll''
-Return to <Quest Giver's Name>

The Mysterious One - A mysterious cloaked man is wandering around these days. Find him and discover who is.
-Find the mysterious one
-Ask him who is it
-Defeat him in battle(after asking him who is it)
-Return to <Quest Giver's Name>(after defeating him in battle)

<Name>'s Last Powers - <Name> was a powerful warlock, but he died in a war against the undeads. His last powers remained in his skull, because the other parts of his body was lost.
-Find <Warlock's Name>'s skull
-Drain it's remaining powers and put them in ''urn of the dead''
-Return to <Quest Giver's name>

Status
Not open for further replies.