• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War of Races v0.97b

What is War of Races?
Players have 1 Headquarters, 3 Barracks(s), 6 Towers. Units spawn automatically, players cannot control them. Players can train heroes in mid game which is the only controllable thing in the game. Many races to play and they are well balanced. Dominate lanes to get bonus income, damage and mana regeneration etc.
How to Win?
You need upgrade buildings, research new technologies and capture neutral buildings. Use teamwork to achieve victory!

Recommended Players:
6 (3 vs 3)

Gameplay Time:
Generally between 35-50 minutes.

Races Available to Play:
Human
Orc
Undead
Night Elf
Naga
Gnoll
Fel Orc
Ice Troll
Demon
Bandit
Murloc
Blood Elf

Join Our Discord!

Credits:
Models:
Levigeorge1967, Callahan, HappyTauren, Ujimasa Hojo, General Frank, Wandering Soul, Daelin, Mephestrial, Tauer, Proxy, ColdStar, Qormagg
Icons:
NFWar, MasterHaosis, Mr.Goblin, KILLCIDE, The_Silent, HappyTauren, CRAZYRUSSIAN, kola,
Ujimasa Hojo, Mephestrial, Murlocologist, Marcos DAB, Kimbo, Blood Raven
Spells:
Nanotech, Zack1996

NOTE: Looking for someone to help me to create AI :)
ANOTHER NOTE: Please play atleast 2-3 times before writing a feedback. It's bit confusing when trying first time. Thanks ^^
Previews
Contents

War of Races v0.97b (Map)

Reviews
Daffa
I suggest running a player check if the current slot is occupied by a user player or not. Kind of annoying when I try to test with AI in singleplayer. Some races have their building selection order as Barrack-Hall-Tower while some other has...
Daffa
I assume despite being BETA this is mostly finished in terms of content? For the last point, make it clearer to player because some might want to make a total carnage :p For the order of building, not too big but some might get used to having them in...
Level 2
Special thanks to you for rating 1 stars while you are playing for a "few months" :infl_thumbs_up: And I see you just opened an account for voting 1 star here lol.
I've actually pretty much entirely stopped playing since blizzard was added an exp was nerfed. Yes, I played more before you changed the game, hence why it gets one star, for being a bit of a mess now. Sorry that seems to upset you so much

Level 1
Game was pretty good until a recent XP nerf... Not sure if it's a bug or intentional, but heroes take forever to level now. Almost makes them feel not worth it.

Talent system is weird. Some races have 5, some have 0. Probably should just scrap the talents and add some more races. I think blood elves might be cool!

Level 10
This member was warned for flaming
Game was pretty good until a recent XP nerf... Not sure if it's a bug or intentional, but heroes take forever to level now. Almost makes them feel not worth it.

Talent system is weird. Some races have 5, some have 0. Probably should just scrap the talents and add some more races. I think blood elves might be cool!
I've played this pretty regularly for a few months now. The game used to be a lot more fun before talents were implemented. If these random blizzards/tranqs/whatever keep getting added the entire early game is just going to be determined by complete randomness. Manifernus is also really unfun and just ridiculous and has been since it got implemented.

It's also beyond annoying that playing against trolls or anything with a CC leaves half your wave just standing in your lane unless you manually escape each minion

First, none of them have 5 talents. Max 2 for now. Secondly, about exp nerf... It wasnt nerf! It just made the game more fair and balanced! Before that, I never touched exp rate of any units so that means, reaching super high level with heroes is not intented at all! Exp System rework balanced exp give of all races such as undead and demon units not give same amount of exp anymore so if you are bandit/undead you don't feed enemy heroes. Which is extremely great and fair.

Secondly, Blizzard talent is just added. If it's broken it will get fixed 100% later like all other things. Again as I've said million times in my discord. This game is not HERO ONLY game. If you want that, just play Dota or League of Legends or Heroes of the Storm. Ice Troll is CC heavy race and yes you need to be careful while playing against them but how that makes the game bad? Because you can accidently die? Lol. Hex is still buggy yes, and I will rework whole pathing system soon like many systems fixed from the past.
Manifernus got nerfed 398398493 times and still going on. Lastly it's impact damage also nerfed. If you think it's unfair you can pick it aswell :infl_thumbs_up:
Anyways, summary: For crybabies and haters like you (I don't know where is that hate coming from, which forces to you register to a website to give 1 stars) I will add No Talents game mode. So you can play without blizzard or manifernus. I hope after that I can let you change your rating.

Level 2
Manifernus got nerfed 398398493 times and still going on. Lastly it's impact damage also nerfed. If you think it's unfair you can pick it aswell :infl_thumbs_up:
Anyways, summary: For crybabies and haters like you (I don't know where is that hate coming from, which forces to you register to a website to give 1 stars) I will add No Talents game mode. So you can play without blizzard or manifernus. I hope after that I can let you change your rating.

That sounds like a good change. But seriously dude, relax.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68

Regardless of some unpleasantries, the 1 star rating is totally off.

Level 2
The game is really fun and good organized.
However, I stopped playing it because the leaver problem.
As someone leaves the game, we cannot use their gold to spawn troops anymore, which is really really annoying and lead to the disadvantage for the team.
I saw a lot of people complain about that; however, even there there were variety updates, the problem hasn't been fixed or changed yet. Instead, there were new systems are added(Like talents, etc.)
For talents, it's not bad system. But I think we should add unique talents to weak races firstly because bad racecs are already bad. But I only see mostly strong races get talent(demon, NE, etc.) before weak races(Fel orc, etc.) Which is really annoying.
Kind of disappointed.

Level 3
So I've been playing this game for a longgggg time, I think pretty much since release (maybe a bit after?) and while I enjoy the game I feel there is a few things(in my opinion) that could use another look. Maybe Uyarr is doing that, idk, I'm just placing my thoughts and again, my OPINION.

Blizzard: I'm 50/50 on this, I like the talent overall but I feel its a bit too strong early game. It can essentially take a wave to half hp before it leaves the radius, and in some cases kill a few units, and if you're SUPER unlucky the RNG could have it spawn a second time in the lane. Maybe a slight dmg decrease? Also, I dont know if its a bug or not but sometimes in can spawn JUST on the edge of the 2 front towers and do dmg to both, and if paired with Troll and super unlucky, I've seen it nearly kill them before mid game was reached(while not even pushed).

Humans: Oh man, they are EASILY the strongest and most overpowered race in the game. Early, they're squishy but as soon as they get the headshot tech(which everyone rushes anyway) its just a massive snowball from there. They get heal, a VERY strong version of Inner Fire, and a Res ability. Even if you can kill most of their wave before headshot, they just get ressed again anyway. I think something has to give, either Headshot needs to be removed or reworked(maybe a ranged crit?) or Ress has to go. It is not fun in the slightest to go up against this race in their current state as there's no real way to counter an insta-kill or res ability.

Poison: it stacks and become wayyyyy too strong, especially on Gnoll. Hp regen helps a bit but if you get enough poachers/dryads/wyverns they can wipe a wave out in seconds. Maybe a look at the dmg per sec(40 on gnoll), or make it so it doesn't stack? Its beatable if you have a hp regen race but it could still use a second look.

Grom: basically a rogue in plate lol, overall he's fairly balanced except for his stun. I think the dmg is too high for how long it lasts, dude can 2-3 shot a hero even in late game.

Team damage: so less of an issue with game mechanics, and more so with toxic douchebags who like to ruin games for others by being able to kill team heros/buildings. is it possible to take team damage off? Ive gotten in a few games, while rare, where someone throws a temper tantrum for various reasons and proceeds to either afk, or attack team mates for the sole purpose of griefing. Would be nice to not have to worry about these types of ppl.

Otherwise its a fun game, and I did enjoy playing it, but I find it hard to join a WoR lobby now with glaring issues like these, can easily suck the fun out of it and make it incredibly one sided.

Level 2
I've been playing this map for about 2 years, since before Reforged came out, and it's really great, I enjoy it a lot. However there are two things about the latest versions that I consider to be changes for the worse and these things are very, very frustrating. I hope it's okay to leave this sort of comment here, since it's feedback.

The first thing is the gnoll race. It is just ridiculous now. Too unbalanced. Poison is unreasonable. Gnolls got both overpowered and boring (because pretty much everyone plays them the exact same way these days). Sad, it was a good race and you could play it in several different ways.

And the second thing is that blizzard talent. How can something random like this be a good addition to a game of tactics? Just how? I don't understand. It is so out of place in this game. Lanes should be won by good thinking and good managing, not by some random bonus. I remember the times when I was very much engaged even the first 10 minutes of the game, because I was calculating my moves on the lane and planning ahead - when to upgrade buildings, which upgrades to make and in what order, when to add units and so on. Nowadays if there's a blizzard on the map (or god forbid two of them...) I usually just go for fast hero. Why bother? Any moves I make will be ruined by a random thing. Very disappointing.

I really hope that later versions will deal with these issues. It's a shame, really, a lot of good changes have been added recently. For example I really like invul potions, they are a great addition and I have lots of fun with them. These pots have so many uses. Love it.

Last edited:
Level 1
i rated this game 5 stars, but if it was 10 stars rating - i think it is about 8/10. As for me:

Pluses:

1) unique races - each race rly stands out from the others and has it own strong and weak points.
2) Various gameplay - even the same race can have different strategies, according to the race of the enemy and your team mates, you can even play without hero and rush development, for example. Of course some races have some op things, that they are always using - like hp reg of naga, but many other things can be changed.
3) Rly good heroes combo - all the heroes have their own role, you can even make a rly strong team of hk or rly hard pushers with possibility to avoid battles. All depends on your team work.

Minuses:

1) Quiet boring late game - if all the players are plus minus same lvl (make masonry not to be shot, when enemies can; make right grades; don't send trash; don't lose mana of main on idiotism; control hero quiet well not to lose it 100500 times and revive 1500 gold each time instead of techs and ets.) that leads to the moment, when all grades are done (even in towers) and people just send titans to each other and tons of trash - you can of course try to taunt titan and bla bla bla - but anyway it is rly hard to end the game, and it can take 2-2.5 hours, while someone don't make any mistakes. It is rly boring and exhausting, specially in the last patches, where dmg of weapons is reduced. So should be done smth with late game options.

2) Some races rly dominate under others in the late game (looking to the 1st situation it is especially well seen, when you have done all the grades and don't help with hero. So if your team is rly unlucky and enemy dominates 2/3 lines in the late just because of races - it is hard even with ideal game to win it. Should be balanced better for the late game i think.

3) For me it is rly lack of items - in the last ups you have no more artifacts and all you are doing - buying your class item and mb hp/hp reg to add it. It is not rly interesting and mb even some good artifacts with summons or spells can lead to better balance and more strats in the late game (not just sending tons of trash and titans, when your enemy comes to your base).

BUT - the game is rly good and idea is perfect, i like it a lot and played from the start (not a real pro or too much time spending but from the start). So gl for the author.

Level 3
Has .79f fixed the issue with west side units spawning and then sitting at the HQ and not moving? Game has become unplayable with that.

Level 2
Here's another bug or maybe something you overlooked the fact that the titans can't be affected by all spells is not true the slow spell works on them! i can't heal him as Uther but the damn Murlocs one spell can work on the titans?! where the hell is that fair?! the fel orc's cripple spell doesn't work on the titans yet that one does?

Level 10
Here's another bug or maybe something you overlooked the fact that the titans can't be affected by all spells is not true the slow spell works on them! i can't heal him as Uther but the damn Murlocs one spell can work on the titans?! where the hell is that fair?! the fel orc's cripple spell doesn't work on the titans yet that one does?
Since this is start of titan rework, I can forget some spells. Give me some time. There are lots of spells there :(

Level 3
Its actually getting to be in a really good state, pathing is fixed which is a huge plus, for the most part races are fairly close, however the more I come up, and play, against UD and face Arthas, the more I realize how broken he is. AOE, heal himself, crazy dmg even at low levels, but immune to spells and CC. I know hes a quest, which is fairly easy to do, but I think he needs a second glance. At the very least make it so spells can affect him to put a little more dmg to combat his crazy kit.

He's killable, but its outrageous what's needed. I've had to spam 3 t5 rax worth of air and siege just to put a dent in him, as I watch him freeze and get combo'd with Lich and I lose my entire wave. Its rough.

Level 1
Is it possible to fix how broken the AOE talents are? 2 ranged minions can clear an entire enemy wave while under tranquility. Blizzard is also broken, but not as much as tranquility.

As others have said, if someone is able to get Arthas unlocked its instant win. People are quitting as soon as the quest completes.

Level 3
Sadly, titans are incredibly broken now. Makes the game unenjoyable and unplayable, I've stopped and moved on to other maps because everyone just rushes titan now and they become unkillable 20+

Level 10
Is it possible to fix how broken the AOE talents are? 2 ranged minions can clear an entire enemy wave while under tranquility. Blizzard is also broken, but not as much as tranquility.

As others have said, if someone is able to get Arthas unlocked its instant win. People are quitting as soon as the quest completes.
I've saw lots of games lost with Lich King is there tbh. I kinda disagree on that. Other thing is, in my opinion weather talents are fine right now.

Sadly, titans are incredibly broken now. Makes the game unenjoyable and unplayable, I've stopped and moved on to other maps because everyone just rushes titan now and they become unkillable 20+
That's kinda true, titans were so bad but now they are much better. But their cost is too cheap for what they deliver right now. It will get some balance changes at 0.81.

Level 10
Changing my rating. More titan buffs? it was already unplayable and rarely even hosted anymore. Shame. It had a good run.
Feel free to change, however I guess you didn't completely read it. Titans have now more hp, armor and slightly faster attack speed. However they have reduced exp gain now and they are more expensive. Not only that, titans now taunt each other so you can actually counter titan with your titan.

Level 2
Not a fan of the constant changes to talents. It feels like every time there is a new talent that becomes the goto or "meta" play.
I really hate titans, I feel like the race with the better titan or army to support their titan wins. I have legit killed a level 30 fel orc titan multiple times with just a wave no additional sends. Trying doing that with the NE titan and you will be rolled.

The additional talents are a fun new feature and add some changes and dynamics to the game. However most of these talents when they come out break the game and are super over powered. Its only a few patches later they become more toned down but then another more OP talent takes the place.

Overall the thing that gets me is the game used to be about economy management and what techs you used to push the lane and get income. Then it was a hero battle and that got a little crazy with warsongs, kingdoms etc. I guess it switched from hero carries that can easily die when trying to push a lane to a titan.

Like 90% of games its just summoning titans at the like 35m + mark and the games last for an hour 20. It stops being about tech and what race you are playing and almost about keeping the titan spawn out.

Anyway it was a fun game, hopefully it will get more balance and structure and less talents in the next couple patches.

Also in the description it says "Newest Thug of War Style Map" Its Tug of war not Thug.

Cheers Uyarrr.

Last edited:
Level 7
Could you provide non reforged version?, or the last update that need like minimum version of 1.31, i can't afford to reforged version

Level 2
Meh, it gets old fast, content locked behind a paywall... Uyarr is greedy and doesn't care for the integrity of the game he has created.

Last edited: