1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Melee Mapping Contest #4: 2v2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're hosting the 15th Mini-Mapping Contest with YouTuber Abelhawk! The contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 20th iteration of the Terraining Contest is upon us! Join and create exquisite Water Structures for it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

War of Races v0.49b

Submitted by uyarrr
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

What is War of Races?
War of Races is the newest Thug of War style map. Players have 1 Headquarters, 3 Barracks(s), 6 Towers. Units spawn automatically, players cannot control them. Players can train heroes in mid game which is the only controllable thing in the game. Many races to play and they are well balanced. Dominate lanes to get bonus income, damage and mana regeneration etc.
How to Win?
You need upgrade buildings, research new technologies and capture neutral buildings. Use teamwork to achieve victory!

Recommended Players:
6 (3 vs 3)

Gameplay Time:
Generally between 35-50 minutes.

Races Available to Play:
Human
Orc
Undead
Night Elf
Naga
Gnoll
Fel Orc
Ice Troll
Demon

Join Our Discord!

Credits:
Models:
Levigeorge1967, Callahan, HappyTauren, Ujimasa Hojo, General Frank, Wandering Soul, Daelin, Mephestrial, Tauer, Proxy, ColdStar
Icons:
NFWar, MasterHaosis, Mr.Goblin, KILLCIDE, The_Silent, HappyTauren, CRAZYRUSSIAN, kola,
Ujimasa Hojo, Mephestrial, Murlocologist, Marcos DAB, Kimbo, Blood Raven
Spells:
Nanotech

NOTE: Looking for someone to help me to create AI :)
ANOTHER NOTE: Please play atleast 2-3 times before writing a feedback. It's bit confusing when trying first time. Thanks ^^
Previews
Contents

War of Races v0.49b (Map)

Reviews
Daffa the Mage
I suggest running a player check if the current slot is occupied by a user player or not. Kind of annoying when I try to test with AI in singleplayer. Some races have their building selection order as Barrack-Hall-Tower while some other has...
Daffa the Mage
I assume despite being BETA this is mostly finished in terms of content? For the last point, make it clearer to player because some might want to make a total carnage :p For the order of building, not too big but some might get used to having them in...
  1. Deathly_God

Deathly_God

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome game! Hope to see this game continued into Reforged!

2. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    survival chaos vibe anyone?

3. uyarrr

uyarrr

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, Survival Chaos is one of my favourite maps, I inspired from it. But War of Races has tons of differences on gameplay. (Like controllable heroes, neutral buildings to capture, building slots, team game etc.) Of Course its similar, but not same.

4. Enrico Strehlow

Enrico Strehlow

Resources:
    Resources:
    My Stream-Community always loved playing Survival Chaos - But it had some problems: Not enough player Slots to play with a huge community, not enough ways to play it in little competitive turnaments between you and your own community and the biggest one - no more upgrades! And than Uyarrr found us on twitch and showed us his new map. It was awesome.

My Community instantly fell in love with the huge amount of diffrent playstyles you can try in order to dominate and win against your opponents.
    An already respectable amount of races, and more races to come in future updates were promising as well!

I´d recommand to play this map at least twice befor you decide for your self if you like it or not, since the first round tents to be a little bit hard if you never played survival chaos befor!

5. DrakPanda

DrakPanda

Resources:
    Resources:
    unable to test with out full group, no AI

6. Scionic

Scionic

Resources:
    Resources:
    I hope Reforge gives us a lot more model options than current version, or else transferring this into Reforge will not be fun

7. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Singleplayer tested it and found it interesting. Will need further test though to give a verdict.

8. uyarrr

uyarrr

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nice to hear! Can't wait :goblin_good_job:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  9. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    1. I suggest running a player check if the current slot is occupied by a user player or not. Kind of annoying when I try to test with AI in singleplayer.
    2. Some races have their building selection order as Barrack-Hall-Tower while some other has Hall-Barrack-Tower. This is if you select them in multiple selection using SHIFT+Double-Click.
    3. Allied player cannot use their Special Weapon to enemy in singleplayer mode, also applies to enemies. Says 'Must explore there first' - Checked replay, seems vision related since player 1 control all players causing a mess with visual perception in singleplayer test.
    4. Guldan stops moving after using Corrupted Blast unless given another order or stunned.
    5. I suddenly get victory before the last base was destroyed. Anyway, replay's attached. See the endpoint where it abruptly pause and then stops (the victory screen pops there).
    It has potential, and to be honest, just confused about the victory since I haven't ransacked everything yet completely. For now, I have to set this to Awaiting Update to let your have a check on these issues, especially the last one.
    Also, is this Alpha or Beta?

EDIT : Talk about updating while I was reviewing :D
    Reverted back to Pending.

Attached Files:

10. uyarrr

uyarrr

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hello, Thanks for the review.
    1- It's nice idea, I never worked a lot for singleplayer mode actually. It's for just checking races and stuff. But I'll probably add AI soon.
    2- I never noticed and never worked on this, I didn't change any town hall, barracks selection order, they are default melee values. As I can see Night Elf has different one, I can change it but is it really important? :D
    3- It's not bug. Only Player 1 gets alliance with Player 2,4,6. So only red gets vision. In multiplayer games, when any of your teammate gets vision, you will also get it. In multiplayer games, players building mortar tower to get vision and nuke enemy buildings together. But I'll give shared control and vision to Player 3 and 5 too in next version because of that.
    4- It's probably because of A unit begins casting an ability and order dummy to cast thunder clap at targeted area trigger. I'll check it thanks.
    5- Yes it's not bug. When 2 of your teammates dead, basically you cannot win anymore. So I made it like Quick Finisher, When total 26 Team Buildings destroyed, enemy team wins. (10 Buildings available per Player)

Map is Beta, I'm releasing new versions with +0.01 version number, but if there are minor bugs and If I quick fix them I'll release same version again with same version number and with alphabet letter as stable one.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  11. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I assume despite being BETA this is mostly finished in terms of content?

For the last point, make it clearer to player because some might want to make a total carnage :p
    For the order of building, not too big but some might get used to having them in list and this different order kind of break the sync of such players. Not a big problem so not necessarily needed, just to be clear :)

EDIT :
    Confirmed via Discord. Map Approved.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  12. HonorisCreed

HonorisCreed

Resources:
    Resources:
    Better than expected. :smile: