• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Want a Skin Made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Oh yea soz about that ur request is the second hardest ive had but im havin fun trying so ill have somthing for u soon

EDIT: I have an updated ver of warpig. ( Again i cant see the finished result so if u dont like it post the ingame image and ill try again.

Attachments

• Warpig.tga
    256 KB · Views: 62
Level 1
hi i was hoping you could make a skin for a ?model? i made, im not positive if this model will even work in the end but its worth a try. the skin i need is a tuskar chieftan on a giant polar bear. i would much appreciate it and will give credit and rep(asap). ty

Level 10
hi i was hoping you could make a skin for a ?model? i made, im not positive if this model will even work in the end but its worth a try. the skin i need is a tuskar chieftan on a giant polar bear. i would much appreciate it and will give credit and rep(asap). ty

lol do you even know what a skin is? Do you really think if jaijai draws you a tuskar chief on top of a polar bear then it'll magically work ingame? weird

Level 13
Oh hey Jaijai, I can toss ya some techniques to increase your productivity on skinning.

First, you'll need:
Magos Model Editor (Or some other modeler)
A file converter
Notepad

If you extract the model you're skinning, convert it to .mdl, move it to the folder where the skin is, open it in notepad and change the Texture (Use Ctrl+F, The first heading will be Texture, below that are "file paths" for the textures. Change it from it's "Units\Textures\Orc\Human\etc.bp" to the TheSkinName.bmp/tga then you can view how it looks on the model in magos.

This can help you a TON when you're skinning! You'll have a real view of your progress.

Last edited:
Level 13
naija78 wrote:
hi i was hoping you could make a skin for a ?MODEL? i made,

Discipline wrote:
lol do you even know what a skin is? Do you really think if jaijai draws you a tuskar chief on top of a polar bear then it'll magically work ingame? weird, I'm a dumbass

Everyone who has not recently been pointed out to be poor at reading people's posts, please step forward. Woah woah woah, not so fast Discipline.

To naija78: You don't need a skin for that. If you geomerged the two, just place the tuskar texture path and polar bear texture path into the model. Sorry, I've never done or attempted it before btw. This is just a general explanation of what you need to do.

Take a stroll on over to the model section and ask them how you'd attach the ingame textures to the polar bear and then to the tuskarr. Or better yet find a tutorial. I recommend this way because creating a texture from scratch like that would involve a 256x512 texture and you'd STILL have to find a way to wrap it onto your model, and if you use ingame textures the file size will be a LOT smaller.

Level 8
Thanks for the tips Titan, the truth is i already knew that and have been using those techniques before, however the problem is that the computer on which i have installed those files is... dead and my dad will not allow me to install new programs on his computer. But thanks anyway xD

NOTE: The Crypt Lord is almost done
NOTE: Naija I cant do what you ask i suggest u talk to Titanhex he seems to know more about your request than i do.

Level 10
Everyone who has not recently been pointed out to be poor at reading people's posts, please step forward. Woah woah woah, not so fast Discipline.

Yeah umm.... no need for the attitude. FYI I'd seen a thread he post not that much earlier then this requesting that someone make the model for him... with little in the way of progress.

So for him to come here not long after requesting a skin for a model he 'made', I highly doubted that he had any model at all. Besides that, if he was clued in a little about modelling he'd know that he would have to supply the model or an image of the uv map to get something done that could be correctly applied. On top of that the last I read of his thread people were talking about a geoset merge, which means if someone actually did make it then he would already have the skins and need to explain what he wanted edited.... but he's not doing that, hes just asking for a tuskar on a polar bear.

This lead me to believe he doesn't really know what he's talking about and is just requesting jaijai does something in hope that it will end up in his map.

The post was directed at him, not you, and if I was even half right with my deduction then he would of either re-post with what he needed, found out more about modelling so he understands where I'm coming from or realise he's out of his depths and walk away from it.

There's no need to come barging in here with wit, you shouldn't really be posting in the requests section unless you either make requested resources or are in need of them. These kind of communities are about working together and helping each other learn and create... you shouldn't really start off by trying to put someone down or in place.... but let's leave it there, it's all good.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

On an actually related note, that marine looks so much better (meaner) then the standard. It looks awesome from that view, I'd love to see an ingame shot.

Level 8
--Requests Update--

The following is the progress I have made with requests if yours is not up please be patient.

Rysis: I have now completed, hair and boots. Do you want weapons removed, and hair shortened? (should be posted within a few hours).

Texture File:

Attachments

• Textures_HeroDemonHunter.blp
    86.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Level 13
Careful, Discipline. You're heading into a storm cloud typically called a flame war. Instead of making up excuses for what you did, learn to simply apologize and be accountable for your actions.

Discipline, I shouldn't have came at you with the sharp wit I used and cut you down like that. Rather, I should have offered you the same courtesy that I gave naija. For that I'm sorry.

None-the-less, it's rather ironic that you used a big detailed post to defend yourself when that effort would have been better spent explaining to naija why what he was doing wouldn't work, and that he was requesting unnecessary effort out of people. In fact, while trying to defend yourself in your post you explained why what he was doing wasn't going to work.

An additional note: When you send a message in a public post instead of a private post, it's also directed to the entire community as that is your audience, and you are well aware that they will read it. It's simply the laws of written communication.

I should also offer an apology to Jaijai, as this is his thread and I am perpetuating a flame war inside it. My apologies jaijai.

By offering naija a detailed explanation of why what he's doing won't work, you are speeding up his progress as a map maker, and getting him to where he needs to be faster. Offer him your advice should he need more, but only give him that advice upon request when you want to and have the time, to prevent burn out. That's the best way to go about helping people who are young and clueless to what they're doing.

I know this will end when both parties can admit they're wrong and move on. I've admitted I was wrong on two counts, and am stepping down. If you make a move to continue this discussion without an apology or attempt to defend yourself against me, I will move it to PMs for the courtesy of all those who read this thread and show you that I'm not nearly as nice as I seem.
---

On a more productive and on topic note, the path you're looking for for the Demon Hunter skin itself is "Textures\HeroDemonHunter.blp" When you create the model you want for this, or when it is created, you'll want to change the texture path simply to the name of the .blp Jaijai has provided for you.

My suggestion is go back to the post I provided for jaijai about renaming the model's skin path and viewing it, and try it yourself to see your skin in action.

For your benefit though I'll give you a screenshot of your skin magos.
attachment.php

As you can see the wrap on DH is retarded. The front is copied to the back. Anyone will tell you that the DH is a pain in the ass to deal with when skinning. However if you know much about modeling you can probably find a way around that.

How is my skin going? I'm actually curious as to what is the most difficult request you've recieved.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 255
Level 8
sorry i could not remove the extra long ears and also the cloak cannot go the whole way arround unless i have it fully black with no buttons or an exposed part. Also I did not know what colour hair you wanted

NOTE: Ahhhhh I have only just seen the pics sorry, ill try again now with better results i hope.

NOTE: Thanks disapline for the comment i am pretty impressed myself with that marine Skin, and i enjoyed making that one. I hope u like it icecreempirate.

Level 13
Yeah, you gotta be careful with those Demon Hunter skins. As you can see if you load Magos and open the Demon Hunter skin, then put it in stand channel, the front part is the back part as well. So what you put on his chest and abs will be on his back. This can make skinning the demon harder, and you should work with your skinner (Jaijai) on working around this.

Also, if you want the ears removed you'll have to do that through modeling. If you Alpha out the ears you'll have holes in his head. Same goes for a lot of the texture. If you have a good model maker, you can warn him you'll want a UV path set, then ask Jaijai to make the skin 512x256 (This will increase the file size though) and have the modified back and any extra skin pieces you want added in the new 256x256 space. All Jaijai would have to do is copy the front to the 256x256 place and modify it.

And yeah, that warpig suit is pretty badass. GJ on that. If it's within the HIveworkshop submitting standards and icecreampirate gives you the okay, you should post it in the skins section.

Level 9
Coud you make a lightning hero based on the lich model? With lightning instead of frost? I whoud be very thankfull and give credits in my coming map. Plz

Level 8
Sorry all my skinning has been put on hold due to personal family issues, i would appreciate it if there is no unnecessary posting here however feel free to leave requests and i should get back to them within a week or two. Sorry for any inconvenience caused, however will be uploading 3 request replies in the next 3 days (whenever my new computer arrives xD).

Updates: Madcd heres that thing u wanted sorry it took so long...
Updates: Another Attempt at the demonhunter.
Updates: This is My feeble quick attempt at that draconic Berserker not finished yet but i cant preview in warcraft so can som1 plz tell me what it looks like and titan plz tell me if u like it at all so far.

Attachments

• Bridge.blp
    228.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Textures_HeroDemonHunter.blp.BLP
    62.7 KB · Views: 52
  • DragonicHeadHunter.tga
    256 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Level 13
So far I think it'll work. It's a tough request to change the skin of something to look like something else. You seem to have the general criss cross of scales idea in some form.

I'll handle the loincloth, sash, arm and leg bracers as far as texturing goes. What I need now is the rest of the skin filled in, the nose to look something like a dragon's beak, and flames or something in the hair instead of gold embroidery. As well any other touch ups you need to do, go ahead with.

Attachments

• DragonicBerserker.tga
    551 KB · Views: 60
Level 13
The alpha on the weapons failed for the DH. They're now white weapons. Also, the shirt looks very flat and monochrome. Perhaps add some texture variations. The eyes scooted to the side of his head instead of in the center. He has rabbit like yes now.
Also the wrap between his head hair and his pony tail is flesh colored. You may want to start over from scratch on that DH skin.

Level 8
flippin heck i forgot the feet! darn and i am redoing the demon hunter skin with a different aproach to the eyes, very hard because there are technicaly no eyes currently on the demon hunter just a cloth. Also i have removed the weapon on a model edit so the alpha wasnt realy perfected xD

Level 5
erm can you make me a rusted battle golem skin with a few vines climbing up it and stone golem with lots of vines climbing up it but not o man that you cants see the stone thank credits in map if you do

Level 8
Sorry That no requests have been done recently. It is due to the fact I am currently moving and unable to create stuff, also because of my numerous maps that are due to soon be released I am not sure when I will be able to get onto these requests however I am going to make a few attempts at that gnoll before I move sorry for inconvenience caused. If there is another texture editor that would like to continue my work please do as i would like to keep this thread alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.