1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Want a Skin Made?

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Jaijaibinx, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Jaijaibinx

Jaijaibinx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    before i can attempt this skin i need you to pm 13lur and ask permission then print screen on his reply saying you can edit this skin, (im only saying ths because i had a few complaints about not asking permissions)

2. Titanhex

Titanhex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh no, no worries. I'm not asking you to modify HIS skin. I'm just giving you an idea of where I'm drawing the concept from.

What I am asking is if you could turn the berserker skin into a dragon troll. I dunno though, I'm attempting it with less than favorable results (I'm doing a lot of CnP on it). It's easy giving units armor, but trying to make a troll's skin look like a dragons aint so easy.

In sum: I'm not asking you to modify THAT. I think my attachment didn't attach so let me try again. The attachment in THIS one should be the right attachment.

Also attached is my poor attempt at my own request. Just to give you an idea of what DOESN'T work. (looks like the Thing)

Attached Files:

3. Hawkwing

Hawkwing

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No offence, but all of these textures are just recolours, dodge mess ups, 1 pixel freehands, and Gradient Filters.

But I do think it's awfully nice of you to help all these people.

4. icecream_pirate

icecream_pirate

Resources:
    Resources:
    awesome thx dude. Looks much cleaner than mine, and not trying to be picky but, could u make the red part on the shoudlers more visible, because on the model, it kinda fades in. And also, if you could remove outlines on the shoulderpads, that'd be great. I think i should be able to edit the other little things. Also a battle worn appearance would be cool too though not really needed, and thanks again.

5. Fnorkus

Fnorkus

Resources:
    Resources:
    How's my skin going?

6. ShiroiSenji

ShiroiSenji

Resources:
    Resources:
    Someone has to do it you know.

7. Sabelion

Sabelion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Coud you make a lightning hero based on the lich model? With lightning instead of frost? I whoud be very thankfull and give credits in my coming map

8. Jaijaibinx

Jaijaibinx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ok i have just come back from another vacation, and i am getting to work on these requests again,

NOTE: Madcd i will load the skin up however it may not work (i have not tested it).
    NOTE: Undead Gnoll almost complete,
    NOTE: Currently retexturing Berserker
    NOTE: Having a Go at Lich
    NOTE: Retexturing Warpig, again (can u post what the first one i created looked like ingame)

New Available Requests

I also can now remove weapons from models so i will be taking weapon removal models.

NOTE: I will soon be learning how to create models aswell.
    NOTE: I will only remove weapons if you have 8 Rep Plus (skinning is still open to all)
    FINAL NOTE: There is only one of me so please can you be patient i'm sorry for all delays. (Remember i don not HAVE to help you but i choose to). Also rep wouldn't go amiss.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  9. icecream_pirate

icecream_pirate

Resources:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

i couldnt really take an actual in game screenshot because my comp sucks and would take forever.

10. ShiroiSenji

ShiroiSenji

Resources:
    Resources:
    Damn nothing about my request :(

11. Jaijaibinx

Jaijaibinx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh yea soz about that ur request is the second hardest ive had but im havin fun trying so ill have somthing for u soon

EDIT: I have an updated ver of warpig. ( Again i cant see the finished result so if u dont like it post the ingame image and ill try again.

Attached Files:

12. ShiroiSenji

ShiroiSenji

Resources:
    Resources:
    I apreciate that you are trying this request

13. Ghost765

Ghost765

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    uh, jaijai? uploaded the cryptlord yet?

14. naija78

naija78

Resources:
    Resources:
    hi i was hoping you could make a skin for a ?model? i made, im not positive if this model will even work in the end but its worth a try. the skin i need is a tuskar chieftan on a giant polar bear. i would much appreciate it and will give credit and rep(asap). ty

15. Discipline

Discipline

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    lol do you even know what a skin is? Do you really think if jaijai draws you a tuskar chief on top of a polar bear then it'll magically work ingame? weird

16. Titanhex

Titanhex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh hey Jaijai, I can toss ya some techniques to increase your productivity on skinning.

First, you'll need:
    Magos Model Editor (Or some other modeler)
    A file converter
    Notepad

If you extract the model you're skinning, convert it to .mdl, move it to the folder where the skin is, open it in notepad and change the Texture (Use Ctrl+F, The first heading will be Texture, below that are "file paths" for the textures. Change it from it's "Units\Textures\Orc\Human\etc.bp" to the TheSkinName.bmp/tga then you can view how it looks on the model in magos.

This can help you a TON when you're skinning! You'll have a real view of your progress.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  17. Titanhex

Titanhex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Everyone who has not recently been pointed out to be poor at reading people's posts, please step forward. Woah woah woah, not so fast Discipline.

To naija78: You don't need a skin for that. If you geomerged the two, just place the tuskar texture path and polar bear texture path into the model. Sorry, I've never done or attempted it before btw. This is just a general explanation of what you need to do.

Take a stroll on over to the model section and ask them how you'd attach the ingame textures to the polar bear and then to the tuskarr. Or better yet find a tutorial. I recommend this way because creating a texture from scratch like that would involve a 256x512 texture and you'd STILL have to find a way to wrap it onto your model, and if you use ingame textures the file size will be a LOT smaller.

18. Jaijaibinx

Jaijaibinx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the tips Titan, the truth is i already knew that and have been using those techniques before, however the problem is that the computer on which i have installed those files is... dead and my dad will not allow me to install new programs on his computer. But thanks anyway xD

NOTE: The Crypt Lord is almost done
    NOTE: Naija I cant do what you ask i suggest u talk to Titanhex he seems to know more about your request than i do.

19. Titanhex

Titanhex

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ah well then that explains your dilemma. Tough break man.

20. Discipline

Discipline

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Yeah umm.... no need for the attitude. FYI I'd seen a thread he post not that much earlier then this requesting that someone make the model for him... with little in the way of progress.

So for him to come here not long after requesting a skin for a model he 'made', I highly doubted that he had any model at all. Besides that, if he was clued in a little about modelling he'd know that he would have to supply the model or an image of the uv map to get something done that could be correctly applied. On top of that the last I read of his thread people were talking about a geoset merge, which means if someone actually did make it then he would already have the skins and need to explain what he wanted edited.... but he's not doing that, hes just asking for a tuskar on a polar bear.

This lead me to believe he doesn't really know what he's talking about and is just requesting jaijai does something in hope that it will end up in his map.

The post was directed at him, not you, and if I was even half right with my deduction then he would of either re-post with what he needed, found out more about modelling so he understands where I'm coming from or realise he's out of his depths and walk away from it.

There's no need to come barging in here with wit, you shouldn't really be posting in the requests section unless you either make requested resources or are in need of them. These kind of communities are about working together and helping each other learn and create... you shouldn't really start off by trying to put someone down or in place.... but let's leave it there, it's all good.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

On an actually related note, that marine looks so much better (meaner) then the standard. It looks awesome from that view, I'd love to see an ingame shot.