• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

W40K TD improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Guess you didn t said manny news and some very few wrong things.
But in the end many people want heavy and/or fast shortrange towers I think.

Annyways I'll write doewn a summary now.

Level 2
More subraces for each race, and like 2-4 towers who variate in each subrace.

A Baneblade or Titan as IG heroes.
Commissar Gaunt or a Leviathan as IG hero.(my favourite)

New race: Inquisition
There are 2(3) subraces, Demonhunters and Whichhunters. (and Alienhunters but you can t even buy them, you got to take standart inquisition moddels and change them with a lot of green moddelling stuff (greenstuff) into alien hunters.

Vindicare Assasins from Spacemarines are Inquisition units, not spacemarine units !!!!!!

Give Tyranid a decent number of Biomorphs for each unit, deppending on what breed they have chosen.
As the new version of Wh40k appeared last year, (v4) I think you also have to remove Tyraid heroes, there are no individiums in the swarmmind. Mabe some morphs who would requirer a wood.

A tower for each race which would be some kind of commander with a descent speed and/or damadge and/or mana aura, which does only affect the units from the specific race.
Make some auto damadge skills which repuirer mana, like the flamelord or the priestress of the moon or the naga seawhich have them. Some units might even get different autodamadge skills which different effects, this might requirer some brain from the players to correctly choose the right skill for each lvl for example.

You would need to enhence some hero towers, like Magnus Calgar or the Darkeldarhero or Yarrick(send this old bastard in rent pls).

Mabe reduce the 30 answers a unit can give you down to one or two and use the space for some skinns or even moddels ?

Make a close combat attack for each unit, or make some units who are pretey mighty or fast but only have a short range.
This would make people think twice of making a good maze, and to place short range towers, und the way of the air units.

Give each subrace different skills or eapon of choice, like chaos has, mabe some subraces more into close combat.

Make some creeps from the wh40k universe, or from the wh universe.
In warhammer table top for example, also all 4 chaos gods exist with even the same name.
Many palyers think wh40k is the future of the wh universe and the circle is called portal to the future....

Make it possible to build each unit from the basic unit.

Do make it easier to build eldar by making it able to directly build each unit and not to upgrade them from basic units.(my favourite)

Add biovores for tyranids.(with the different spore mines, explosiv, poison gas and accid)
Add rihnos for spacemarines and chaos.
AddCavalary for IG.

Make the builders to heroes which do start with lvl 1 who cant get no experience.
Then people got to choose sub race by choosing hero skill.
Then make the fuckoff towers to a shop where heroes can buy tomes of might with 1 wood to increase the level so people migth choose another sub race, or simply buy a new race the ordinary way, make a special morph for tyranids or buy hero towers.

Do leave everything as it is.
Do not make further subraces.

Do put the web/net upgrade in then fuckoff tower, it pretey hurts when you wanna build but you cant cause it ain t researched yet.

Make auoto bank system free again.
Make gray to the admin.
Make 2 exactly same versions with the only difference that in one red and in the other red is the admin.

Give me credits.
Get a haircut you damn hippy.

Level 2
Ralle said:
As the new version of Wh40k appeared last year, (v4)
AWW MAN. I HATE VERSION 4.00. I DIDN'T MAKE IT. SOME ASSHOLE DID AND I HATE HIM.

sorry for overreacting but it happens so many times that people play 4.00 instead of REAL versions of wh40ktd.. Version 4.00 is a hacked version made by a noobdumbass (sry).

the newest version is 5.05
So now we see a full hearted wh40k Newbeing.(newb)

Warhammer and Warhammer 40K and Lord of The Rings Tabletops from Games Workshop are also getting updated.

Now there is the 4th Version of Warhammer 40k.
It apeared last year, this means many rules got changed, for example rules for plasma weapons or estimation weapons and many more.

(like demolisher gun from leaman russ demolisher.. I try to hit the unit back there it looks like it is obviously over 30 imches away, so I estimate it is 4 inchaway, oh oops cause I estimated it is 4 inches away I hit youre units which are in a meele combat with mine, and which I am not allow to shoot, but hey I just estimated wrong so the shot lands there)

And there will be a 5th warp God in the comming version.
Some stupid thing happens with the warp again and a new warpgod will be born.
And for somme reason eldar have to kill all renegates (bastards from the emperor, not the legal children) in a big ritual so the 5th warpgod does not become a chaos god but a good god, or it would be the end of the galaxy.....

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Yeah I am very noob in real Warhammer..
I just got pushed a bit about the number 4 you know.. I have had so many problems with WH40kTD 4.00 because of MyLegacyOfBlood.
He caused people to for like 3 months not play ANY of my map versions because everyone thought that version 4.00 was the newest..

I have no knowledge at all about real Warhammer and Warhammer 40k and that's why I need as much help as I can get..

Level 2
S then basicaly you are no newb.
You never started with Wh40k or PhWh(phantasyWh) or Lotr Tabletop,
Soyou can t be new to any tabletop from games Workshop so you can t be a new beeing or shorter a newbie even shorter a newb with a changed vocal a noob and with even another vocalchanging and even shorter if possible a nub.

Annyways, now you have youre summary.
I might update it if there are new ideas, if you want to talk about some ideas in special wee all are here to support you.

Level 5
Most times when any of us mention v4 it is about wwh40k TABLETOP GAME!! Don't get too excited :p
For someone who's hardly played the tabletop game, you did a damn fine job with the TD. All you have to do is watch out, especially in this forum, about rules and copyright names. GW is very stingy and like to sue people for stuff, as I lernt at www.40konline.com (i didn't get sued, but I was told they couldn't give away rules because GW protects thm very closly). I think however a TD would be somewhat harmless for GW and they'll let it slip, but I do not know the inner workings of Citadel minitures and GW. This is just a cautionary tip.
Now about subraces. Necrons, Dark Eldar and Tau (maybe you can get away with Orks too) don't need subraces. However; Space Marines, IG, Eldar, Chaos and Tyrinids do need subraces for complete understanding of each race.

My tip to you:
For Space Marines
Have an upgrade for dreadnaught to 'veneralbe dreadnaught' which has increased damage and bonus to mechanical (unless that's already there). Add the Predator tank, you don't need Rhinos as they are transports in the game. Maybe add the whirlwind multi missile launcher :)
Include Ultramarines, who are the normal 'codex' chapter and basically have good shooting but also good close combat, so they are you space marines as they are. Hero unit: Maranus Calgar.
Blood Angles are experts at closecombat, give them bloodlust for sure! Also their hero unit should be the Furuso Dreadnaught (or an upgrade from a normal dready) and the other blood Angles heroes who's names I don't know.
Black Templars, hero unit 'emperors champion' and call their terminators sword breatheren (forgive me GW).
Space wolves, hero unit 'leman russ tank' (trust me).

For Eldar, speak to an eldar player, but please include the 'Falcone Grav Tank' with an upgrade to Fire Prisim Tank.

For Tau, wait for the new codex 'Tau empire' to come out them read through that and select some other alien races. Also give the crisis battle suit weapon and hardpoint options if you can.

Dark Eldar are good as they are. Well done!

Tyrinids need a few Biomorphs;, but your best option is to go to www.forgworld.com and look through the Tyrinid Titans for hero Ideas. The red terror and old one eye do not exist... Tyrinids need melee attacks, especially for the genestealers!

Orks need melee attacks to make them tougher. Maybe include an upgrade for boyz as Nob (or a seperate unit) and he can have command aura. You should have an upgrade for boyz to big shoota boy and he will shoot fast piercing shots, however he needs to miss a fair few times. All orks suck at shooting. Hero ideas: Looted vehicle. Keep Gukazul (can't spell his name)

Necrons are pretty good as they are. try making the skeletons loo, more greyish though :)

Any races I've left out just ask :)
Best of luck!

PS add something in the credits for GW because they might get stingy. IE say: Map made by (insert name here) All names and concepts are copyright of Games Wrokshop, see www.games-workshop.com for more details.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Vincent_27 said:
S then basicaly you are no newb.
You never started with Wh40k or PhWh(phantasyWh) or Lotr Tabletop,
Soyou can t be new to any tabletop from games Workshop so you can t be a new beeing or shorter a newbie even shorter a newb with a changed vocal a noob and with even another vocalchanging and even shorter if possible a nub.

Annyways, now you have youre summary.
I might update it if there are new ideas, if you want to talk about some ideas in special wee all are here to support you.
thank you, you are nice!

Level 2
I got a new idea.

In warhammer wh40k and lotr tabletop, moral is a damn important factor.
Sergeants and heroes etc. can raise moral, so I thought of mabe bring in moral into this game.

In table top you have realistic chance to miss a target, so why not here ?
You could give all towers the ability to miss 20% or 15% of all theire shots, and when you build special towers like, heroes or zeanrophe or space marine chaplains or deamon princes. They could get an< aura which reduces missing rate.

And one again my suguestions for creeps:

Warhammer plays in the past of Warhammer 40K (both games have exactly same chaos gods for example) and the middle circle is called portal to the future, and the creeps somethinglike deamons from the past or so.
Why not making the creeps to warhammer units, this might be realy funny. Just give the units new names and or change some.

broodlinger

B

broodlinger

here's a suggestion

How about delete all copies of Warhammer TD 5.01 through 5.05 and forget that they ever happened?

Version 4 was pretty fun because you could build towers and kill things. Also, there was a 4.x version that fixed the notorious "don't look at the boss" server split. I think that was an unofficial release because all of Ralles WH td's have this server split, including 5.05.

I feel bad for Ralle, his tower designs are very nice, the 8-way design is cool and the spawn menu is neat. But I doubt this kid has ever played his own map. Since 5.01, the towers are useless no matter how many you build. And there is no teamwork because your teammates will drop.

-broodlinger

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
hmm..
1st. Version 4.00 is crap.. it's a copy of version 3.05 which is the oldest version ever. He only changed like a single thing and then claimed the work he did.

2. About playing my map.. Somehow you are right.. Normally I test my map but I am ATM not interested in playing it.. I hope I will be later..

What do you think should be changed to make the teamwork and stuff better?

Status
Not open for further replies.