1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

W3x2Lni v2.5.2

Submitted by actboy168
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
W3x2Lni is a wc3 map management tool. It helps you to manage your maps when developing or publishing.We defined 3 formats for a wc3 map, and w3x2Lni allows you to convert your maps amongst these 3 formats which are `Lni`, `Obj` and `Slk`.

> Lni
`Lni` is a VCS (like git, svn) friendly format. It looks like a directory. Most binary files in w3x will be converted into plain text files (yes! human-readable) by w3x2Lni which will also organize and categorize these text files.

> Obj
`Obj` is a wc3-readable and WE-readable format. If you want to open your map with WE, convert your map into this format.

> Slk
`Slk` is only readable by wc3 and should be used for final distribution. W3x2Lni enables multiple optimization for this format, including:

* Objects converted to slk
* Removed unreferenced objects
* Removed WE-only files
* Inlined WTS strings
* Compressed mdx
* Removed comments and unncessary white spaces in the script
* obfuscated variable and function name

W3x2Lni comes with war3 1.27.1 English data files. But it may not meet everyone's needs, you can use `w2l mpq <war3_path>` to extract data files.

For more information see the documentation.

W3x2Lni is a open source project.We welcome any pull request, e.g. improving the English text or writing English documents.
Contents

W3x2Lni v2.5.2 (Binary)

Reviews
eejin
The tool works as one would expect. The UI is nice and to the point. Only thing I am missing is a back button wen you have chosen a conversion mode. You also cannot scroll horizontally when viewing the log when converting to Lni. [ATTACH] I am...
  1. lan nguyen

lan nguyen

Resources:
    Resources:
    slk2obj has a bug.some map which use widgetizer they change the "placeable in editor" to false.silk object does convert it to true but your tool doesnt

2. actboy168

actboy168

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    I don't understand what you mean. Why do you think change is the right behavior?

3. actboy168

actboy168

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    You are right, the Log GUI is not complete. Currently you can open the log file to view it.

4. lan nguyen

lan nguyen

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ill send u two example map
    One does has objects appeaered in tool pallete ( the no bug map )
    One doesnt ( your tool created map )

Attached Files:

5. lan nguyen

lan nguyen

Resources:
    Resources:
    may take long time to open because of its huge number of objects

6. lan nguyen

lan nguyen

Resources:
    Resources:
    one more thing I think u should add this feature to your tool,the objects reducer.not the slks but the object one

7. actboy168

actboy168

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    W2l is not a slk decryption tool, it does not and does not intend to provide inverse operations for other slk tools. For slk to obj, w2l will respect any data on the intput map without any modifications. So the intput map has any wrong data, missing data, w2l will also make the output map the same.

If w2l does not respect the input map data, please let me know. Similarly, w2l does not do things that do not respect the input map data.

8. lan nguyen

lan nguyen

Resources:
    Resources:
    not the author but the map protector did that

9. sumneko

sumneko

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just drag another map in.

For now, you counld find the report at log/report.log.

10. actboy168

actboy168

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    I remind you again that w3x2lni is not a tool for decrypting maps.

11. lan nguyen

lan nguyen

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've tried with my map,the protector removed "placeable in editor".I dont mean this is a map deprotector but some map which the author lost their original data,may want that fix.

12. actboy168

actboy168

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    This isn't a problem that w2l will solve.

13. lan nguyen

lan nguyen

Resources:
    Resources:
    ok.I fixed it by hand

14. ZoiDiaC

ZoiDiaC

Resources:
    Resources:
    This tool is like a dream come true! But unfortunately, I ran into an issue when converting the LNI folder back to OBJ.

The converter throws out a single error "Save WTG failed - bad argument #1 to 'pack' (number expected, got nil)". Then, the resulting .w3x file has no more triggers.

This happens with any source map containing triggers, even the default new map. I'm using version 2.4.3, and wc3 1.30. Any ideas?

15. sumneko

sumneko

Resources:
    Resources:
    Im sorry this tool did not test in WC3 1.30. Would you please show me your map, and I will try to fix it.

16. _Guhun_

_Guhun_

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'm having the same issue on patch 1.29.2 :S

17. sumneko

sumneko

Resources:
    Resources:
    Please send me your lni map, thank you!

18. _Guhun_

_Guhun_

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Here you go:

Attached Files:

• Map.zip
      File size:
      37.8 MB
      Views:
  19. ZoiDiaC

ZoiDiaC

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alright, I've tested the bug a bit more, and attached all the steps and results in a zip file.
    The bug is a little more complicated - triggers are still there at first in OBJ, but any change in WE will overwrite them.

I'll try to be clear - here are the reproduction steps:
    1. Created a map "singletriggermap.w3x", where there is a single trigger that shows some text at start.
    2. Converted to LNI.
    3. Converted LNI back to OBJ. This is where the tool outputs error message "Save WTG failed - bad argument #1 to 'pack' (number expected, got nil)". If you open this OBJ in wc3, triggers still work. However, if you open it in World Editor, you won't see any triggers in Trigger Editor - editor just doesn't know about them. If you don't make any changes and click "test map" in Editor, triggers will still work in wc3.
    4. Now with this OBJ opened in World Editor, make a single change, any change (like create a new unit type, place a tree...), then save the map again. This new map has now lost all the triggers, even if you test it in wc3.
    Zip file contents:
    • "singletriggermap_original.w3x" ... step 1. the original map made in WE
    • folder "singletriggermap" ... step 2. your LNI folder
    • "singletriggermap_2lni_2obj.w3x" ... step 3. map created from LNI folder back to OBJ
    • "singletriggermap_2lni_2obj_thenchanged.w3x" ... step 4. the previous map, changed in WE and saved again

Attached Files:

20. sumneko

sumneko

Resources:
    Resources:
    Im sorry this Bug has been 3 months. Because it only appears in the English version, I never found it.