1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

W3x2Lni v2.5.2

Submitted by actboy168
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
W3x2Lni is a wc3 map management tool. It helps you to manage your maps when developing or publishing.We defined 3 formats for a wc3 map, and w3x2Lni allows you to convert your maps amongst these 3 formats which are `Lni`, `Obj` and `Slk`.

> Lni
`Lni` is a VCS (like git, svn) friendly format. It looks like a directory. Most binary files in w3x will be converted into plain text files (yes! human-readable) by w3x2Lni which will also organize and categorize these text files.

> Obj
`Obj` is a wc3-readable and WE-readable format. If you want to open your map with WE, convert your map into this format.

> Slk
`Slk` is only readable by wc3 and should be used for final distribution. W3x2Lni enables multiple optimization for this format, including:

* Objects converted to slk
* Removed unreferenced objects
* Removed WE-only files
* Inlined WTS strings
* Compressed mdx
* Removed comments and unncessary white spaces in the script
* obfuscated variable and function name

W3x2Lni comes with war3 1.27.1 English data files. But it may not meet everyone's needs, you can use `w2l mpq <war3_path>` to extract data files.

For more information see the documentation.

W3x2Lni is a open source project.We welcome any pull request, e.g. improving the English text or writing English documents.
Contents

W3x2Lni v2.5.2 (Binary)

Reviews
eejin
The tool works as one would expect. The UI is nice and to the point. Only thing I am missing is a back button wen you have chosen a conversion mode. You also cannot scroll horizontally when viewing the log when converting to Lni. [ATTACH] I am...
  1. WaterKnight

WaterKnight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I haven't been using the tool yet, it's not listed in the description above. What would also be a practical idea would be the conversion of pathing blockers to raw terrain pathing because a lot of people have them unnecessarily as the default destructables although that's more a mistake on their part. Also resources like textures, models, sounds could be preloaded.

2. actboy168

actboy168

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    It seems that this is not a lossless conversion, and I don't think there will be much improvement in this optimization.

3. WaterKnight

WaterKnight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Of course, it's not. But then again we try to guess what the user might want. Default blockers show up in destructable enumerations, you may kill them by accident, they do not count as terrain pathing and take resources needlessly. Basically, the only reason to have them as destructables is if you want to delete them ingame/spawn more, which could however also be achieved by code.

Tried your tool for a bit. It ships with (chinese) default data, which ended up in the map I converted. Are you supposed to replace the data folder with your desired version? For consecutive cells in SLKs it's not necessary to state the new coordinates, the cursor jumps by one after every cell data record. I cannot confirm that unnecessary object attributes would be removed, the dood slk output still contained fields like "defScale", "Name" or the minimap indicator configs. Some of your files/paths are strangely in lowercase.

edit: The w2l.exe is the command line variant. The names are confusing to be frank. You can read the wc3 path in Windows from the Registry by default, the libs for it are already contained.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  4. sumneko

sumneko

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think that in Slk mode, side effects should be avoided as far as possible.

It's our mistake, we will replace it to English version later.

Thank you, I will see.

The paths case should be keep as much as possible, please provide more detailed information.

It seems a good idea.

5. actboy168

actboy168

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    This is my fault. I mistakenly released the Chinese version. Now it should be an English version, you can try again.

6. actboy168

actboy168

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:

Both mpq and windows file systems are case insensitive.

7. yxq1122

yxq1122

Resources:
    Resources:
    Glad to see a new update of it.
    In contrast, I'd like to look forward to the update of YDWE. Is it possible to embed it into YDWE?

8. actboy168

actboy168

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    W3x2Lni has been embedded in YDWE long time ago.

9. actboy168

actboy168

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    I don't know what you mean. Can you give me an example?

10. WaterKnight

WaterKnight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No, I was wrong. The cursor stays at the previous location.

I was under the impression that

Code (Text):
    C;X1;K0
    C;X2;K1
    equals

Code (Text):
    C;X1;K0
    C;K1
    but apparently

Code (Text):
    C;X1;K0
    C;K1
    equals

Code (Text):
    C;X1;K1

11. WaterKnight

WaterKnight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I have seen, next to default, you exported the Custom_V1 dataset path. Can you tell me when the game uses what path? It depends on both dataset int in w3i and the melee flag (from w3i or map header?).

12. actboy168

actboy168

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    It depends on two values in w3i.

sumneko/w3x2lni

13. WaterKnight

WaterKnight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So the standard files under Units\ and suchlike are not selected in either case? Although I think it will fall back on those if some file is missing. I have seen "NotUsed" slks. Also how is the V0, V1, ... extension chosen?

edit: Your jass optimization tries to obfuscate the identifiers. I have applied it to a map which already did something like that. The identifiers clashed (in my case I observed a variable and a function having the same name). The map could not start.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  14. actboy168

actboy168

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    V0 means ROC, and V1 means TFT. Custom means custom maps, using the lowest version data such as TFT is 1.17, Melee means the battle map, using the highest version of the data. Also obvious is that the data in the root directory is MeleeV1, so you can only see three directories, CustomV0, CustomV1, and MeleeV0. W2l does not support ROC, so only the root directory and CustomV1 are required.

Function name is also an identifier.

15. sumneko

sumneko

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you find any bug with jass optimization, please show me your war3map.j, thank you!

16. Lahey

Lahey

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm getting the following error when I'm converting my map to SLK format:
    [​IMG]
    This probably has something to do with the 24 player dynamic. It doesn't know the color maroon apparently.

17. actboy168

actboy168

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    You are converting a 1.29+ map, so you need to use the correct data file.

18. Lahey

Lahey

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ah I see, I was told that this was v1.30 compatible :(

19. actboy168

actboy168

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    It is compatible with 1.29. I don't know if 1.30 is OK, because I haven't tested it yet.

You need the correct data file. If you don't know what I am talking about, please read the instructions at the top.

20. eejin

eejin

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    The tool works as one would expect. The UI is nice and to the point. Only thing I am missing is a back button wen you have chosen a conversion mode.

You also cannot scroll horizontally when viewing the log when converting to Lni.
    upload_2018-8-14_22-23-43.png

I am looking forward to your future work!