1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Melee Mapping Contest #3 - Results are out! Congratulate the winners and check plenty of new 4v4 melee maps designed for this competition!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The winners of our cinematic soundtrack competition have been decided! Step by the Music Contest #11 - Results to check the entries and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice

W3x2Lni v2.5.1

Submitted by actboy168
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
W3x2Lni is a wc3 map management tool. It helps you to manage your maps when developing or publishing.We defined 3 formats for a wc3 map, and w3x2Lni allows you to convert your maps amongst these 3 formats which are `Lni`, `Obj` and `Slk`.

> Lni
`Lni` is a VCS (like git, svn) friendly format. It looks like a directory. Most binary files in w3x will be converted into plain text files (yes! human-readable) by w3x2Lni which will also organize and categorize these text files.

> Obj
`Obj` is a wc3-readable and WE-readable format. If you want to open your map with WE, convert your map into this format.

> Slk
`Slk` is only readable by wc3 and should be used for final distribution. W3x2Lni enables multiple optimization for this format, including:

* Objects converted to slk
* Removed unreferenced objects
* Removed WE-only files
* Inlined WTS strings
* Compressed mdx
* Removed comments and unncessary white spaces in the script
* obfuscated variable and function name

W3x2Lni comes with war3 1.27.1 English data files. But it may not meet everyone's needs, you can use `w2l mpq <war3_path>` to extract data files.

For more information see the documentation.

W3x2Lni is a open source project.We welcome any pull request, e.g. improving the English text or writing English documents.
Contents

W3x2Lni v2.5.1 (Binary)

Reviews
eejin
The tool works as one would expect. The UI is nice and to the point. Only thing I am missing is a back button wen you have chosen a conversion mode. You also cannot scroll horizontally when viewing the log when converting to Lni. [ATTACH] I am...
  1. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    But i have special needs.
    My map is supposed to replicate a 1.30 patch experience.

2. actboy168

actboy168

Resources:
    Tools:
    Resources:
    Unfortunately, the format of the data file was modified after 130, which caused w3x2lni to be unsupported. You can manually convert the 130 data file format to 129 format to solve it.

3. Saran

Saran

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi, I'm getting an error when trying to use w2l mpq:

"Failed to load WC3 Language"

Newest wc3 1.30 version
    how to fix that?

4. sumneko

sumneko

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry, it dose not support wc3 1.30 version due to zhe new format of data files.

5. azgarol

azgarol

Resources:
    Resources:
    If I convert this map to slk with "optimize doodads" off (slk_doodad = false), run it smoothly in warcraft, and then run a regular melee map (bascially any other map) it will have pink cubes instead of doodads. Isn't that a sign that the program does optimize doodads even though the option is set off?
    Tested with 2 people and both console and gui variants.

6. sumneko

sumneko

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is there a "w3x2lni\config.ini" file in your map?

7. azgarol

azgarol

Resources:
    Resources:
    Inside the archive of the optimized map? No, I dont think so. I added a listfile with that line to the archive to check it.

8. sumneko

sumneko

Resources:
    Resources:
    Check it in origin map.

9. azgarol

azgarol

Resources:
    Resources:
    No the program doesn't modify the original archive like I would expect from it.

10. sumneko

sumneko

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is the original map your own? If not, there may be another configuration file ("w3x2lni\config.ini") in the map, and w3x2lni will use the configuration file in the map first.

11. azgarol

azgarol

Resources:
    Resources:
    The map is my own. I will check what will happen if I add the configuration file to the map.

Checked, same thing.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019 at 3:17 PM
  12. sumneko

sumneko

Resources:
    Resources:
    PLZ show me the opmizized map.

13. azgarol

azgarol

Resources:
    Resources:
    The problem is not specific to my map, I get same result with any other map.
    So I attached to this post a blizzard map (2)BanditRidge, optimized (2)BanditRidge_slk map and config.ini used

Attached Files:

14. sumneko

sumneko

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank you, I have reproduced this problem.
    I used to think that only Doodad could cause this problem, but I didn't know after this test that Destructable had the same problem.
    I will update W3x2lni to fix it.

15. sumneko

sumneko

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello, maybe we have solved your desyncs problem, please download and try the latest version.

16. azgarol

azgarol

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks, this works. However the new version has an issue with providing different patch data, crashing on 34%. Tried with ruRU-1.26.0 and ruRU-1.27.1.
    upload_2019-3-19_16-48-42.png

Attached Files:

17. BLOKKADE

BLOKKADE

Resources:
    Resources:
    When you convert a map to slk with "Remove unreferenced objects" enabled and they have this system in it, some of the abilities used by it are deleted. I assume it's because that system refers to the objects it uses with an @ for example: 'A5A@'.

I've attached a map converted to slk (with only "Remove unreferenced objects" on) and the normal map, so you can see for yourself.

Loving this software btw, very useful! I've been using the map files that were converted to Lni to spell check my map.

EDIT: what exactly is meant by these reports in the log?

When I look at the fields mentioned in those abilities they look fine to me, what does "Data level is more than 4" mean in this case?

Same with:

Those are all item abilities and they look fine to me in the editor, and also work fine in the normal map, but when I try the map converted to slk none of them work.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019 at 9:10 PM
  18. sumneko

sumneko

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh, this is my bad, I'll fix it as soon as possible.

19. sumneko

sumneko

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have checked your map, many objects like 'A5IG' are removed with "Remove unreferenced objects" because they are REALLY unreferenced. Your system uses a dynamic algorithm to calculate the ID of the object, so W3x2lni dose not know which objects will be used. There are some ways to resolved this issue, you may choose one:

1. Set "Remove unreferenced objects" off.
    2. Create a unused trigger or function in the script that mentions all the object IDs that need to be retained.
    3. Use this plugin, you need to modify the plugin with Lua yourself.

Attached Files:

20. sumneko

sumneko

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's just a report that these objects can't be perfectly SLK because they have more than four levels。