• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Voice Acting Contest #2 - Custom Unit Sound-sets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
So where's the review then?

@Goblin voice: Increase volume of your submissions a bit. Also, if you can't naturally create a more goblin-like voice (it's the best way to describe it) use some sound enhancing program to get the results. If you don't know how to do that, just enhance it until you get something that might get closer to the usual goblin feeling.

@Ghost Hunter: Nice use of enhancers. The only thing I have to comment on this is the length. 7s is just a bit too long in my opinion. About 4-5s max should be enough, and yes: 2s more makes a big difference. As I said earlier: If you order a unit something several times in a short period, you'll get a lot of chaos in the voices you hear, which is a major downside. Good luck nevertheless!

PS: I would like it very much if a link to the model for the voices is attached next time. It gives me a better impression to see if the voice is really matching the model.

Facepalm-1.gif

Level 18
There is no actual minimum of participants, but it's just not much of a contest if there are only like 2 or 3 entries. What happens if there are such few anyway, I don't know. That's up to Pyritie or anyone else who goes over this to decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.