• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Visiblity Modifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I want to create a hidden cheat code that when a player typed -mhon he can see the whole map. But I encountered a problem that when a player typed -mhon , his allies can see the whole map too. So I only want to make the map visible to those player who typed -mhon.

Thanks!

Your problem is probably because most allies share vision. Because of this, full visibility not only affects 1 player, but everyone in a force. To fix this just uncheck Share Visibility.

Attachments

• -mlohn.jpg
    -mlohn.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 158
Level 4
Yah!

But the action is

• Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Triggering player) emitting Visibility across (Playable map area)

Level 40
I'm not 100% sure that this would only display for the player, but I don't see why it wouldn't.

• Actions
    • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == GetTriggerPlayer() then
    • Visibility - Disable Black Mask
    • Visibility - Disable Fog of War
    • Custom script: endif
I'm inclined to believe that visibility modifiers display to your allies, too, if they have shared vision of you, though (Which is why I opted for this method). However, as I said earlier, this is all untested.

Level 4
It didn't work. Thanks anyways.

I also played a map that has hidden cheat codes like what I wanted but it is in Jass. And I am not very good when it comes to Jass.

Type "-cheats" first then "-mh" Without the quotes.

Here is the map!

Attachments

• Vampire Resurrection Final 9.w3x
    913 KB · Views: 80
Level 4
I didn't edited it.

Did you read what I said already?

also played a map that has hidden cheat codes like what I wanted but it is in Jass. And I am not very good when it comes to Jass.

I have my very own map. So don't dictate others. You are not the god to know everything. Show me the proof that I will edit someone else's map.

Level 4
But I will put it on my map. If you are just going to blame me to put cheat codes on other maps then better not post in this thread anymore!

Level 4
Everyone has the right to put cheats in his map, no matter if it's morally wrong or right. I don't use cheats in mine (fucks up gameplay) but if he wants to.. let him ;)

Ya his right. And it is none of everyone's business if I want to put cheats in my map. I created it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.