• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Villager

This is a VillagerMan where I have added alot of animations from other models. This model is really usefull if you want your unit to attack with bow, crossbow, onehand, twohand, duel, spell or defend attack animation. The model have 40 animations.

Animation Tags

None = VillagerMan Attack
Alternate = Onehand Attack
Channel = Twohand Attack
Defend = Defend Attack
Flesh = Spell Attack
Gold = Duel Attack
Lumber = Bow Attack
Work = Crossbow Attack

Just use this script to add an animation tag:
JASS:
call AddUnitAnimationProperties(unit,"Alternate",true)

Keywords:
VillagerMan, Man, Animation, Animations, Attack, Walk, Spell, Death, Defend, Combat, System, Warrior, Fighter
Contents

Villager (Model)

Villager (Model)

Reviews
14:35, 12th Apr 2008 General Frank: Approved. Very nice and useful model. Simple but extremely effective.
Level 1
someone could help me to trigger this?

When it is equipped with a dagger in his right hand using the attack gold with his right hand, when with a dagger in his left hand to use the attack gold with his left hand, and when you're with a dagger in each hand, he varied between right and left hand.

i really need this

Level 4
Weird attachment point problems

I've attached a shotgun on your villager in Object Editor in WorldEdit, it doesn't attach correctly to the hands. The closest correct attachment would be "hand, right" but the top-end of the shotgun/near-end of the barrel didn't attach to the left hand, which kinda seems a bit off.. please try to fix this.

Level 2
@UmbraUnda You can rename or delete animations you need/don't need. And you can do this for each class you have (So each class will have it's own model version of this).
Since the patch 1.27 is out, you're not bound by 8Mb of space. However I got only 7 class in my RPG so... :D

Level 11
@UmbraUnda You can rename or delete animations you need/don't need. And you can do this for each class you have (So each class will have it's own model version of this).
Since the patch 1.27 is out, you're not bound by 8Mb of space. However I got only 7 class in my RPG so... :D

I feel you - but kinda pointless for what I requested and want done. The alternate animations don't work with defend, so alternate needs some additional defend animations. Idk how to animate, so really - just need an animator's help for this. On top of the reworked alternate defend, this model lacks spear thrust animations as well as an akward flesh animation tag (looks like a banner carrier/ wielding a staff) that also needs working.

Level 2
Excuse my ignorance, but where are they other animation tags? It says villager with 40 animations, but I only see 8 animation tags in the description.

Level 8
I can't make it work.
What am I doing wrong?

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set A_Unit = Player 0544 <gen>
      • Custom script: call AddUnitAnimationProperties(A_Unit,"Channel",true)

Level 5
How do we switch between attack animations? Say I want to only use Two-Handed attacks, but get rid of the rest? What would that look like? Would you be able to pin the answer for others? Thanks.

Edit: I was able to get it to work, but it seems once I set the animation to "Lumber" I can not remove "Lumber" and set it to another one like "Channel". The "Lumber" animations keep playing instead of the new ones.

Edit: Got it working eventually. The issue has something to do when you use Bear Form. The target unit gets confused in the code.

Last edited: