1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Villager 255 Animations

Submitted by Graber
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
UPDATED
I have updated the model mesh now i think it looks better, added some CUSTOM ATTACHMENT points the highlighted parts contains the new ones, now u can add a complete set of armour on the villger.
New attachemts points names are: Gold Left, Gold Right, First Left, First Right, Second Left, Scond Right.
[​IMG]

I have tryed to add more animations and i get error and more then 255 doesnt save i dunno why, if so i can make a second part with other animations.

I wanted to upload a model that has many animations and i think the most useful model will be the Villager model to use in RPG maps or something.

I have noticed when played Attack - 7 animation the hidden objects are appreaing, they should be inv.

IMPORTANT

Use this to play any animation u want even the walk animations when u stand or any animation when u move:
  • Custom Script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex( unit name, number )

-the unit name is the unit name in JASS
-the number is the animation that starts from 0
-can play even the walk animation when u stand
-can play any animation even if the unit is moveing

Animation Guide:

Stand Victory 27-37 are animations when u sit on a stone bench: Dalaran->Props->Stone Bench
Attack Morph 27-30 are some shield attacks.
Stand Victory 22-23 are some mount animations for horse with no rider u will have to use some triggers to make them work good for now.
Attack Throw 6-7 are bow animations.
Stand Victory 41-66 are guns animations.
Stand Victory 67-70 are hang animations.
Stand Victory 71-76 are cross animations.

Keywords:
Villager, Peasant, Work
Contents

Villager 255 Animations (Model)

Villager 255 Animations (Model)

Reviews
09:39, 24th Mar 2011 anarchianbedlam: amazing animations and you really put a lot of effort into this. but the mesh on the bag should be fixed and the model would really benefit from attachment points. EDIT: remove the imported blank "white"...
  1. RiotApe

RiotApe

Resources:
    Resources:
    how do you find the animation index!? there's 250 animations, it's so hard to keep testing 1 by 1. T_T

2. Xian

Xian

Resources:
    Resources:
    You can use Magos' Model Editor to check all animations

3. RiotApe

RiotApe

Resources:
    Resources:
    okay? what next? all i see is animation controller.. it still doesn't show the animation index :(

4. Graber

Graber

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Would u like to see an Arthas 100 animations? Focusing on combat\hit\defense\athletic animations...??????

5. RiotApe

RiotApe

Resources:
    Resources:
    that'd be awesome, but can someone help me find the index of the animation of a model using Magos War3 Model Editor?? :vw_wtf:

6. Dreacon

Dreacon

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Awesome work, really love it. Keep it up, maybe split by theme between several models if 255 is the limit.

But anyways, have I question about how to play walking animations while the villager is moving. You say that it can play any animation even if the unit is moving. I made a trigger that makes a villager move boxes from one pile (of boxes) to another but
    • Unit - Order Unit to Move To (Random point in Region)
    seems to be overriding
    • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(udg_Farm01MaleVillager02,232)
    , the villager is walking without the box in his hands. Reversing their order in the trigger does not help either. Whenever unit is moving, animation seems to be canceled. Can you advice me how to fix this problem?

Here is my full trigger:
    • Farm01 MaleVillager02 Work
      • Events
      • Conditions
      • Actions
        • -------- Use unit variable 'Farm01MaleVilager02' for the unit that has to transfer the boxes from place to another --------
        • -------- Set new RANDOM dropoffbox target spot using integer variable 'Farm01MaleVillager02Integer' --------
        • Set Farm01MaleVillager02Integer = (Random integer number between 1 and 5)
        • -------- Play 'take up the box' animation [PERFECT] --------
        • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(udg_Farm01MaleVillager02,202)
        • Wait 1.00 seconds
        • -------- Order villager to go to that new dropoff box --------
        • Unit - Order Farm01MaleVillager02 to Move To (Random point in Farm01DropBoxAreaArray[Farm01MaleVillager02Integer])
        • -------- Play 'carring a box' animation [CURRENTLY NOT WORKING PROPERLY] --------
        • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(udg_Farm01MaleVillager02,232)
        • -------- Wait until he gets to the dropoffbox and starts to 'idle' --------
        • Wait until ((String((Current order of Farm01MaleVillager02))) Equal to IdleOrderString), checking every 0.10 seconds
        • Unit - Make Farm01MaleVillager02 face (Center of Farm01DropBoxTargetArray[Farm01MaleVillager02Integer]) over 0.50 seconds
        • Wait 0.50 seconds
        • -------- Play drop the box' animation [PERFECT] --------
        • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(udg_Farm01MaleVillager02,203)
        • Wait 1.00 seconds
        • -------- Having do it all again --------
        • Trigger - Run Farm01 MaleVillager02 Work <gen> (checking conditions)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  7. Xyakaran

Xyakaran

Resources:
    Resources:
    Swimming

Epic Model! may I suggest to add swimming animations.

8. Hades17

Hades17

Resources:
    Resources:
    Or simply store the unit in a variable (let's call it "myunit") and display it as: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(udg_myunit, udg_integer)

9. Andrep7410

Andrep7410

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello, I have a problem.
    In the description of this model is saying: can use any animation while moving.
    Animations works for me if he is NOT moving, but dont work while moving.

PLS can someone help me or post trigger how to make animations while moving?

Thank you very much

10. Evil seal

Evil seal

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Extremely good model but the Head attachment point should be lowered I belive.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  11. MakeSomeoneSmile

MakeSomeoneSmile

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can you make a woman counter-part please! I'm sure everyone would love it!

12. NewWellWork

NewWellWork

Resources:
    Resources:
    this is ver cooll! i can't believe@

13. Graber

Graber

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I want to update the model and if i cant add new anims to this model upload another one.

I want to add:

More musical instruments playin
    burned at stake this will be good
    table with plan (something like generals are planning their attack)
    eat, drink,
    sit on table and chair.

14. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Okay, just, to make it more useful, do not put any more geometry into the model, so users can add stuff per choice :)

15. Graber

Graber

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The geos that i will add are necasry cant do without them.
    I must add more geos like musical instruments.

I i must add in more geo because i belive most of the ppl cant add or doesnt know how to add the objects separatly with triggers.

Like i said a wierd bug as acourred like many others in this model that doesnt allowed me to add more then 255 anims.

16. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Look at it this way - better make attachment points, and provide everything else separately if you really must. Those who don't know how to add special effects/attachments will probably make shitty maps anyway. And yes, wc3 model can have a maximum of 255 animations as far as I know.

17. Crigges

Crigges

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hey Graber, i have a problem with the "normal" Attackanimations. I want to reach, that "Attack 1" and "Attack 2" are just the normal Animations. I got the tip to use "Remove Animation Tag", but it don't work he still uses all attackanimation including the bugged one.
    In my eyes the model ist useles if you can't choose the animations which are used for a normal attack.
    Here is my Trigger maybe something is wrong:
    Code (vJASS):
    function Trig_sdfqerwr_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
        call AddUnitAnimationPropertiesBJ( false, "Attack 3", gg_unit_Hpal_0002 )
        call AddUnitAnimationPropertiesBJ( false, "Attack 4", gg_unit_Hpal_0002 )
        call AddUnitAnimationPropertiesBJ( false, "Attack 5", gg_unit_Hpal_0002 )
        call AddUnitAnimationPropertiesBJ( false, "Attack 6", gg_unit_Hpal_0002 )
        call AddUnitAnimationPropertiesBJ( false, "Attack 7", gg_unit_Hpal_0002 )
        call AddUnitAnimationPropertiesBJ( false, "Attack 8", gg_unit_Hpal_0002 )
        call AddUnitAnimationPropertiesBJ( false, "Attack 9", gg_unit_Hpal_0002 )
        call AddUnitAnimationPropertiesBJ( false, "Attack 10", gg_unit_Hpal_0002 )
        call AddUnitAnimationPropertiesBJ( false, "Attack 11", gg_unit_Hpal_0002 )
        call AddUnitAnimationPropertiesBJ( false, "Attack 12", gg_unit_Hpal_0002 )
        call AddUnitAnimationPropertiesBJ( false, "Attack 13", gg_unit_Hpal_0002 )
        call AddUnitAnimationPropertiesBJ( false, "Attack 14", gg_unit_Hpal_0002 )
        call AddUnitAnimationPropertiesBJ( false, "Attack 15", gg_unit_Hpal_0002 )
    endfunction

//===========================================================================
    function InitTrig_Test takes nothing returns nothing
        set gg_trg_Test = CreateTrigger(  )
        call TriggerRegisterTimerEventSingle( gg_trg_Test, 1.00 )
        call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Test, function Trig_sdfqerwr_Actions )
    endfunction

18. Graber

Graber

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I think i will work on attack animtimations.

I can use custom animtation tags as long as u put a warcraft 3 one i mean : "Attack Basic".
    "Attack Knockback"...

Maybe add more tags.

19. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The problem is, wc3 has a set number of animation tags. You can use "lumber" as a tag but can't use "basic". Only default ones work.

20. Crigges

Crigges

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hey Grabber i know this is more a dream, but whats about a Programm where you can create you own Villager: You can select your animations and the animation tags and create you own Villager.MDX
    So the limit of 255 wouldn't be a problem anymore, the modelsize would be much smaler, who needs the 255 animations?
    Also random people could submit Animations for this model.
    But maybe i dream to much ;)

I found a cool link with a skinchange system, thats fits perfect on this Model:
    http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=103071
    I tested it out and it works perfect.