1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Video Effects

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Bas, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Bas

Bas

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Hello,
    can someone tell me, if and how I can create coll video effects? Something like more Brightnes, more Contrast or a fade effect?
    Is it possible?

2. soulbad

soulbad

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Go to cinimatic: Fade filter: and then just make it do whatever type mask and whatever color over how ever many seconds with transparency 0 = can't see anything in the map 100 = you don't even notice that there is a mask over. Then when you want to be able to see the actual map again to get rid of this i always just do fade in and set the transparency of the fade in to be 100%

3. Bas

Bas

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    And can i made a blur effect?

4. soulbad

soulbad

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Blur effect? Sorry could you please explain what you mean if you mean the screen being all white it is basically what i said up there there are many different types of maps In Example: White mask, Black mask, dream (looks like a dream you can still see fine just foggy), pow and different stuff.

5. Bas

Bas

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    With Blur-Effect I mean the cool Effect from Need for Speed U2 or Most Wanted. You can see it in Trackmania Sunrise too.

6. N00byStance

N00byStance

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't think so.

7. soulbad

soulbad

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sorry the closest thing i can think of to a blur effect...if what you mean by that the screen getting blurry would be testing out the thing i said before inside of the cinimatic fade filter.

8. Modeler

Modeler

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you have photoshop, you can make a blur effect. Make a white picture, and sharpen/blur areas, then burn parts, after that use the smudge tool. Then import it to your map and use it as a fade filter at 90%, 90%, 90%, 20%. It should blur the screen where you burned, blured, and smudged.