1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Vial Heart

Submitted by -Grendel
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
HeroVialHeart
used for an unfinished map of mine.
now being released for public use.
do give credits.

*Model is a Hero/Unit which means it has both decay and dissipate animations.*

Keywords:
pox, plague, vial, inject, pestilent
Contents

Vial Heart (Model)

Reviews
00:41, 27th Jul 2014 MiniMage: Moderating time, approving time. Not much to say besides that it's an excellent model, with animations that transition smoothly, the wrap fits it very nice and truly looks like the Plague Doctors. Enabling people to use...
  1. MiniMage

MiniMage

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    They didn't kill anyone. They had them killed by someone else, then burned them to stop the spread of the infection.

2. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Ahem, MM moderating time? :p

3. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Also, Ahem, more comments about the model please?

4. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Ah'm woikin' on it! :p

5. Splub

Splub

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great model!

6. Karzama

Karzama

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome model!!! Not sure what's going on with the dissipate animation though? (I get a fleshy corpse, he floats in the sky and a green thing -from the spell animation- that appears)

7. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Amazing model. Not much to say, same quality Grendel. :D

8. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    GAAAAAHHH!!! How can you do this to me, -Grendel... I need less hard decisions to make, not more!

Curse you. You just had to go and create a fantastical new "Plague Doctor" model right when I looking to have this one fixed up a bit for proper Hero usage. :< I helped design that one, and want to see it used right... But now I have to contend with this monstrosity.

You're magnificent. :p

~~

On-Topic, I rather like this guy. I'm suprised the whole "victorian/black-plague/medieval europe"-themed "plague doctor beak-mask" thing really hasn't been done almost at all until just very recently; I mean people have known about it and heck, Wrath of the Lich King (that trailer with Putress) has been around for years! Whatevs. Point is, it's an incredibly evocative & symbolic piece of clothing (?) that really helps solidify a model like this.

More importantly, I really wanna make a Hero that has a face like this, because it reminds me of this dude from one of my favorite games; masked & mysterious, wheezing & brooding & plotting... Couple good voice-lines from that, too. Also fits the name well (lol, "vile/vial heart". That's rich).

One of my concerns is that his posture/build seems a bit... cartoony for my tastes. Or maybe 'whimsical' is a better word. Sure, it's Warcraft, but I'm a little more disposed towards the "thin wheezing crazy genius bent on world domination", which is something the other Apothecary nails a little better.

His doodads are da bomb, though; that crazy-cool Syringe gun is great (and I love the dripping), the staff is well-made (raven & wood = Druid?... But ok...), and the rib-cage backpack is super-neat. Inexplicable (why would he carry a rib cage??), but neat.

My only other big concern for this (and easily remedied) is the sheer number of SFX going on at any one time... Most heroes handle this a little more demurely. He's got, like, a dripping needle, glowing raven-staff, and smoking/glowing rib-cage... all the time. Spell anims, sure, but just Standing there? Erg.

That being said, a really neat model.

9. Zzonehardy

Zzonehardy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Idk the icon is quite good considering the Warcraft III style, Also nice model, will test later :grin:

10. Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  11. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ^The contents in there are pretty hard to see, though a mash between both that and the current icon for the model could be good.

12. Lone Adventurer

Lone Adventurer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Now i remember bligtcaller myth lul :D

13. HandsOfficial

HandsOfficial

Resources:
    Resources:
    grendel i want you to know you're in my top 3 favorite modelers of all time

14. WhiteFang

WhiteFang