• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Vereesa Windrunner 3.0

We made Vereesa Windrunner that could be useful for Silver Covenant related maps.

Base model is Sylvanas retextured, Tabard and Belt are from Magroth the Defender retextured, Pauldrons are imported from WoW with integrated ORMs and Normals, and Hair is from High Elf Female Villager retextured. The bow pieces are probably from the Night Elf Archer and Jennalla Deemspring as edited by vindorei.

Here's how she looks like in-game:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

BTW, the recent portrait has actual updated pauldrons but no more quiver (I accidentally removed the weapon diffuse from the portrait and I don't know how to put it back properly), but other than that, any other suggestion and/or criticisms are welcome.

Made from Retera Model Studio
Basic geoset assembly and disassembly by Ardenaso and Wildone
Retexturing diffuses by Ardenaso and Wildone with some assistance from Veseri#4845 from the "Legacy of the Quel'dorei" (High Elves for the Alliance) discord server
Retexturing ORMs and Normals by Ardenaso and Wildone
Icon by AetherDude13
Imported WoW Pauldrons by Symphoneum
Bow edit by vindorei
Silver Covenant tabard diffuse by LutherCZ#2108 from the "Legacy of the Quel'dorei" (High Elves for the Alliance) discord server
Animation tweaking by Ardenaso and Mr Ogre Man
Facefx and hero glow fixing by twilac

Update:
08/09/2021: added animations to her loincloth and portrait is optimized (thanks @Mr Ogre man !!!)
27/10/2021: reworked: tabard now has proper Silver Covenant symbol (thanks LutherCZ !!!), belt now has the Eye of Dalaran - both with TC included; belt rivets also now have TC; and pauldrons are now imported from WoW (thanks Symphoneum !!!)
20/04/2023: optimized the textures, changed bow (thanks vindorei !!!), some edits to the hair, and added Spell Slam and Spell Throw
Contents

Vereesa Windrunner (Model)

Vereesa Windrunner icon (Icon)

Vereesa Windrunner portrait (Model)

Reviews
Mr Ogre man
Model works without any known issues and is a great addition to Hive. Hopefully we'll get the other tabard soon!
Level 8
I can say that the work was clearly done well. And not in vain. There are many uses for it. As for the other characters in the Kirin Tor. How do you look at Rhonin or Aethas the Sunreaver?

Level 13
Awesome work! Love it!

Tabard and belt are kinda wrong, but I guess there's nothing you can do about it. Maybe ripping it from WoW, but that's complicated, and wouldn't probably look that good anyway.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
Awesome work! Love it!

Tabard and belt are kinda wrong, but I guess there's nothing you can do about it. Maybe ripping it from WoW, but that's complicated, and wouldn't probably look that good anyway.
tried using Shandris for the belt but the belt is really embedded to her body like it isn't an entity of its own unfortunately

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
Model works without any known issues and is a great addition to Hive. Hopefully we'll get the other tabard soon!
thank you!!!!

while I look for someone to make it, next is probably a Day Of The Dragon version

1631539700396.png

doesn't look hard to retexture and I could use the Skeleton Archer's bow but then there's those rings stuff

This one is absolutely amazing! Can we inform Tomoraider and try to reforge Curse of the Forsaken then? Really want to go through the story again in reforged, I think the community has had enough resource to improve the visual quality.

Edit: Since I really love Windrunners, I made this Ironfeather Longbow and added it to her. More WOW look like, but nothing imported, I used Reforged asset to modify the bow. Hey it's feel good to be a blacksmith (or woodcraftsman? don't know which is responsable for making bows), hope you like her new weapon!

微信截图_20211028135548.png
微信截图_20211028135603.png

Attachments

• Vereesa Windrunner Ironfeather Longbow.rar
    13.5 MB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
This one is absolutely amazing! Can we inform Tomoraider and try to reforge Curse of the Forsaken then? Really want to go through the story again in reforged, I think the community has had enough resource to improve the visual quality.

Edit: Since I really love Windrunners, I made this Ironfeather Longbow and added it to her. More WOW look like, but nothing imported, I used Reforged asset to modify the bow. Hey it's feel good to be a blacksmith (or woodcraftsman? don't know which is responsable for making bows), hope you like her new weapon!

View attachment 389029View attachment 389030
this is good, thank you !

Hope this suffice, apologies for the delay. College significantly consumed my time.

huge update! Vereesa should now look much more closer to her WoW model

I replaced the icons to these ones but please if you will, I'd like lighter hair colors :p

Attachments

• BTNVereessaWindrunner.png
    BTNVereessaWindrunner.png
    128.3 KB · Views: 31
  • BTNVereesaWindrunner.dds
    85.5 KB · Views: 23
  • DISBTNVereesaWindrunner.dds
    85.5 KB · Views: 29

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32

View attachment 389029View attachment 389030
after 1.5 years, I finally stopped being lazy and implemented it for good 😩

Level 21
If you want all the Windrunner Sisters together...

More beautiful Sylvanas

Before Sylvanas turned into her Banshee Queen self...
Also Lirath...
The Windrunner Sister's brother...
He wasn't much of a fighter or anything like that, but would be nice if he was added...

Level 12
It's probably the wide belt thickening her waist and flat tummy and the lower part of the tabard hiding her thigh gap, but she looks absolutely chunky.

Last edited: