• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Vengeance for Sen´jin

Vengeance for Sen´Jin
Created by sebalarios

Intro
This is a single-player micro map scenario in campaign style.

Play the Warcraft 3 prologue story-arc conclusion, told in Wow: Cataclysm in Warcraft 3 format. Guide the Darkspear tribe in his quest to avenge his deceased brothers and his former leader Sen´jin.

Story
After the fall of the Lich King and the increasing elemental unrest, Thrall appointed Garrosh Hellscream as Warchief, and joined the shamanistic Earthen Ring. Short after that, the Cataclysm make the world tremble. With the world in disorder, the naga and his murlocs servants invades the Eco Isles. They are being leading by Zar´jira, reponsable for the death of Sen´jin. Without the support of the Horde, the chieftain of the Darkspear, Vol´jin, leads a counterattack to not share his father fate.

Play the classic map with the current version

For any bugs or issues, or if have some improvements, feel free to say it.

Have fun!

Features
- Play has Vol´jin, leader of the Darkspear and son of Sen´jin in his quest to avenge his father.
- Make contact with the loa of death and ask him for aid against this old foe.
- Use of WoW questing voice-lines and dialogue.
- See the Horde internal conflicts and the Darkspears strugle after the Horde change of command.
- Wow music.
arthur-lorenz-voljin-artwork-wip-final.jpg

Credits Reforged:
1.-InsaneMonster - Zar´jira Re-forged Model.
2.-Bagysta- Garrosh model.
3- Assassin_lord- Heroglow effect.
4.-BurnedSmackdown- For his "Troll Grunt" model.
5.- Vibe - For his Vol´jin Shadow Hunter model
6.-Music and voice lines extracted from World of Warcraft.

Credits Classic:
1.-Jhonwarr: Voljin. Dark Troll High priest alternative and Troll warrior models
2.- r.ace613: Voljin Icon
3.- Tauer: Garrosh model
4,.-Darkfang: Zarjira textures
5.- Rubellu Sidius: Thrall Shaman model

-Nerfed Zar´jira mana and abilities, remove locust swarm
-Nerfed Naj´thess mana
- Resurrection now revive 4 units instead of 3
-Add Hero glow to Vol´jin.
-Zuni didint make it at the end. =(
-Some unlearn abilities will not appear in spanish anymore.

-All cutscenes are now skippable except the credits.
- Some bugs fixed.

Note:
This is my first map ever made, so don´t expect a revolutionary gameplay or something like that. I am only searching for tell a story and learn from my first project.
Previews
Contents

Vengance for Sen´jin (Map)

Vengance for Sen´jin Classic (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
While this map might not be impressive or creative in terms of gameplay, it's nice overall and lore based which could hold a special place in some people's hearts. Approved.
Level 22
Done it and what I can say: it have a good potential.
But firstly some errors, that I saw during my walkthrough:
  • When Bwonsamdi cinematic starts, camera can show you a cliffs and far beyond, revaling un-decorated areas;
  • Where you can find last 2 Illusions of Zarjira?
  • Most enemies are easy to kill, but from elite naga difficulty dramatically increases. It's not a gameplay problem, but balance suffers from that point;
  • Zarjira little unbalanced - she killed main force of my troll stack in first 5 seconds of battle;
  • Zuni? Does he lived through battle with Zarjira? If I remember correctly, he was killed by her spells, but in map you can bring her down without Zuni death. It's a lore-free or lore-wise map?
Afterall, my first map in WC3 was worser than yours.
Wish you best and be creative - in such things you need to be creative!

Level 6
Done it and what I can say: it have a good potential.
But firstly some errors, that I saw during my walkthrough:
  • When Bwonsamdi cinematic starts, camera can show you a cliffs and far beyond, revaling un-decorated areas;
  • Where you can find last 2 Illusions of Zarjira?
  • Most enemies are easy to kill, but from elite naga difficulty dramatically increases. It's not a gameplay problem, but balance suffers from that point;
  • Zarjira little unbalanced - she killed main force of my troll stack in first 5 seconds of battle;
  • Zuni? Does he lived through battle with Zarjira? If I remember correctly, he was killed by her spells, but in map you can bring her down without Zuni death. It's a lore-free or lore-wise map?
Afterall, my first map in WC3 was worser than yours.
Wish you best and be creative - in such things you need to be creative!
Yes, I noticed that has well. My Zar´jira triggers are pretty basics, because I don´t have to much expierence in boss fights. I understond that she will cast all his abilities at once in the begginig, and kill most of your army, making the effort the player does until that point to keep them alive pointless.

Also the Ilusions of Zarjira are supposed to be hidden expect of the first one, the second one is just at the north of the bog beasts, in the most south west area. The third one is passing the hidden Salamander visir that you can find following a lava path just before destroy the zarjira gate.

Yeah, I try to make a more challenge fight at the end:

1.- The first in the big group in wich you have a normal sea witch and a lot of adds. Maybe pitch the player unprepared, because it will be pretty much expecting another normal group. I think in that case I could make some warning before, but the encounter itself is can be handle without losing a unit is you positing them correctly and using your abilitys, that I think are that are perfect for this map.

2.- The second I know it was a pain and is the Naj´tess encounter. He is toufth, and of course in the first try he will kill like most of your range unit in a second. But he can be handle correctly again using the correct formation, putting a healing totem and spawing healing wave and hex to not get overwhelmed be his minions. Is because of that I put a warning just before face him so the player could save and start again if he managed to face the encounter poorly. But still maybe I should nerf his mana poll, to limit the spells he casts and make the encounter more manegable.

LORE.- There are lore changes of course, I hate to make them but I think they were necesary. The Bwonsamdi encounter with Vol´jin dosent happen in that specefic context, but during the reclamation of the Echo Isles in the Cataclysm pre-expansion event. Vol´jin ask him for aid aggainst the traitor hex lord Zalazane, not Zar´jira. That is because there are no voice-lines when they speak about her. Also Zuni, well I need a unit to survirve the Zar´jira encounter, and he was the most tanki, so Vol´jin dont speak alone in after the dead of Zar´jira, becose it didin´t make sense because he is obiusly talking to a third person. Also even if you lose him at the end he will apear at the final scene, for the same reason. I know he die in lore, but he is so a minor character that I didin´t find it a meaninful retcon. But I will change it anyway and replace him with random headhunters at the end.

I really apreciate the feedback, is very important to me.

hi, I am glad to see that your map hero is VolJin. I like his story very much, and I hope to see him in more maps.

I tried to do some planning and map development for his story campaign for a while, but it was not completed because I lacked the skills and execution ability.

I noticed that your VolJin does not have a hero glow. Here is a video that should help you.

I noticed you updated to 1.0.2.
It's a version that needs to be improved.
There are some issues with the map.

Zuni used the new model but the old wrong color.
When Zuni gets blown up by Hurricane Naga, he gets weird.
The UI will prompt that Zuni is an arrow unit, which is wrong, obviously he is a warrior unit.

All Dialogue cannot be skipped.
You can refer to the Blizzard campaign to learn how to make skippable dialogue.

It's good when you use Echo Island's BGM.
It's weird when you use Zandalar's BGM.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
The Relic has to be put down and taken again if you already have it when meeting the death loa. Then you have to get out of a big region and return with it to trigger the end of the quest.
It's pretty much a regular non-melee Warcraft III map. There is little to no custom material (abilities/gameplay mechanics etc.) but recycled Warcraft III stuff.
Mask of Death effect and other orb effects don't work together.

From my point of view, the map is too simple to be approved in this state. It could either be improved with custom things or it can be turned into a campaign.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Wazzz
Alexen
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 3
I've never played wow in my life. But I always wanted to experience the wow story. Playing lore-based maps gives me great pleasure. Thank you for that!
Could you generate the missing voices in the game cinematic with AI?
BTW In the cinematic,
When he said show your true face, I expected Zarjira to rise out of the water. It would make it cool if that were the case.