• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Offense] Vampire's Realm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Another small update, actually i want to hear your opinion on this area, there will be a small part where you'll be wandering around a swampy-like feeling area.. Tell me what you think about the atmosphere and what should I do to improve it or something like that.

[TD]
211785-albums5888-picture63692.jpg
]
[/TD]

[TD]
211785-albums5888-picture63693.jpg

[/TD]

how many series does vampire realm have?

Level 30
Another small update, actually i want to hear your opinion on this area, there will be a small part where you'll be wandering around a swampy area. Tell me what you think about the atmosphere and what should I do to improve it or something like that.

[TD]
211785-albums5888-picture63692.jpg
]
[/TD]

[TD]
211785-albums5888-picture63693.jpg

[/TD]

I like the way you did the terrain but if its a Swamp it should have some waters with a color of swamp.:eekani:

Level 28
What I know from swamp is that it should be a lonely place and full of dangers. So, I prefer that you put traps like traps when stepped will activate it.

I'll not consider this one since this swampy area will not last that long.

Here take a look on this pics:

[TD]
211785-albums5888-picture63695.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
211785-albums5888-picture63696.jpg

[/TD]

Well it took me a while just to make that first ruin, it will be a large one on that place. But that finished part is 100% playable now.

[TD]
211785-albums5888-picture63694.jpg

[/TD]

awesome ! but the torches are bugging me.
i mean, why are torches stand on a place like that ?

Well uhhm maybe its a Vampire Logic, lol. Actually I really need to place those torch since its pitch black out there.

and.. could you tint the bush darker ? they look too colorful compared to others...
or maybe change it to shrub instead :)

Will probably gonna change it to bush,

Anyway thanks guys :)

Level 30
I'll not consider this one since this swampy area will not last that long.

Here take a look on this pics:

[TD]
211785-albums5888-picture63695.jpg

[/TD]

[TD]
211785-albums5888-picture63696.jpg

[/TD]

Well it took me a while just to make that first ruin, it will be a large one on that place. But that finished part is 100% playable now.

[TD]
211785-albums5888-picture63694.jpg

[/TD]

I like terrain. Much better... and hey, how did you make that house, that crushed house. It gives me an abandoned feeling and swamp is like this. Nice job!

Level 6
I really wished that sir sonofjay is our neighbor so that he can teach me terraining lulz

Level 14
Sonofjay, in your first post you've mentioned that you are using lots and lots of invisible platforms.

I hope you are famillair with using the grid + The Mighty Alpha Tile to accomplish this same thing more easilly and in a better fashioned way?
It could really speed up your workflow in this case :)

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...rtistic-style-using-mighty-alpha-tile-176544/

I'm not telling you to re-do anything, just take it into account for future progress.

Level 28
@Valenvai
I'm working hard everyday, but there is always a limit for modding.

@Chaosy

Yes, I'm aware that I need to do that, i think I can handle making some systems myself but not the complicated ones.

@Hashjie

Yes I'm familliar with that, i'm actually also using that technique, it just that most of the parts require the use of invisible platform since it have less limits than using the alpha/raise technique. Also not really that lot since you can always make one invisible platform larger to cover more grounds.

Thanks guys.

Level 28
Finished the last part of the house and I actually recorded it.. was supposed to upload it on youtube and put it here so you guys can see how I do the terraining.. filesize to big for my net to upload D:

Anyway, will be busy for the following days my bro and sis went to camping, need to clean the house and some other stuffs.

Level 6
Son of a... Jay!

Epic as always (well should posted this last week but I forgot there was brownout lol)

I always love terrains demn
Keep 'em coming boss!
Your terrains are awesome... Idol!

Level 4
I'm having a hard time making indoor/castle terrains. :D the castle stuff are you making the walls 1 by 1? i mean raising the doodads to make high walls? and about raising the terrain like in the alpha tile tutorial? are you going to use a tool for that? i really hope it will be released before december 21. lol. gj as always master :D

Level 28
NEWS:

I'ma share the map(terrain) with you guys, its not protected so feel free to do anything you want there. Just sharing so if someone wants to take a look closer and learn some few tricks on my terrain.

Just some notes:

I don't really care what you do on this, but i don't want this to be uploaded somewhere without even doing anything then brag that they made it.

Q: WHY?

A: Progress will be slow and some might post and ask again for progress etc etc, reason is I have a very clever idea for my next melee map gonna focus, brainstorm to improve it and polish it for a while before working back again here, plus Christmas break is coming, some modders might actually have more hours to work on their mods, but for me i'll be 80% of this holiday, partying and hanging out with my friends.

Also just to notify others that terraining is just damn easy if you just put effort on it.

Almost everything is playable with pathings. Don't tell me what part is missing pathings, i'm fully aware of it.

Enjoy.

P.S.

Don't expect anything there it just a terrain.

Attachments

• Vampire's Realm.w3x
    2.9 MB · Views: 117
Level 6
awesome... epic terrain!
my idol=sir sonofjay :D

i wish i have the ability to copy your skill in terraining lol

Level 16
I don't get it o.o

the light model you have is different..

@_@

They just don't glitch on terrains..

i tried replacing wc3 light with it, and it works wonderous..

@_@

See the difference..

The first image is my light,

and the second image is your light.

you will see the "Square light" glitch is not present at your light model..

178651-albums5636-picture63925.png
178651-albums5636-picture63926.png

178651-albums5636-picture63928.png
178651-albums5636-picture63927.png

178651-albums5636-picture63929.png
178651-albums5636-picture63931.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.