• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Vampire Clan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hey dude,
there's balancing issues...
5 monkey things in Red's clan (last units) = OWNAGE. Dude I killed 2 guards with them, meaning mass gold, and then spawned 5 others. Again 2.. And so on.. Then I got almost the whole base destroyed...

Hey dude,
there's balancing issues...
5 monkey things in Red's clan (last units) = OWNAGE. Dude I killed 2 guards with them, meaning mass gold, and then spawned 5 others. Again 2.. And so on.. Then I got almost the whole base destroyed...

Thrust me you don't want to attack The Gangrel Clan 5v5 with elite units only, because they Hell Beasts have 250 base damage + damage aura from Vampire Champion + Veteran skill (above level 10) you will be dead in a second! (I also forgot to tell that Hell Beast has 3500 hp, Dark Hunter only 1500 :xxd: )

Each Clan is better from another in some way (Same goes for bad) :thumbs_up:

Also I finished (EB4 it will be uploaded soon) so in EB5 (Last version or call it BETA) I will work only on balance and stuff like special effects, better descriptions, etc.

Level 7
Here is a Review P:

Well I was recently asked to review this map, so I decided to give it a review.

So here is the review, Hope you enjoy and use my ideas and criticism to help improve your map.

*This is a review to beta version: vampire-clan-wars-vampire-clan-wars-eb4.w3x *

*NOTE I played as Bruja*

• Preview image
  • Awesome custom spells/icons/items
  • Epic terrain
  • Blood as mana
  • The night and day system
  • How you can drink blood off other units
  • How each vampire had there own background story

• None at the moment

*NOTE PRO's are things like No errors, no glitches, no bugs etc.*

• Text on loading screen hard to read
  • When your vampire becomes low on blood, you can't hunt for more blood because it keeps saying frenzy and deselecting your hero until it dies.(Thus makes it hard to select the function to drink more)
  • Can't select the trees that are harvestable by slaves (Thus they just look like unharvestable trees)
  • Feasting on skeletons and zombies isn't logical (They wouldn't have much blood would they)
  • Can't buy or sell lumber at the shop it states "A valid patron must be near by" when my vampire/hero is standing next to the building with the red arrow above his head

• Why when I killed the Malkavians(orange's) father it said I was defeated? (Also if you kill any father it says your defeated)

• Couldn't work out the main objective of the game, I thought it was to kill all rival vampires fathers but it turns out if we kill them we loose?

• You could add blood fountains (See Suggestion Blood Fountain)

Okay I was recently playing your map and got an idea to help us heal blood faster if we are out hunting during the night and have little blood and no potions.

I was thinking that you could add a few Blood Fountains round the map, that would work just like Mana Fountains except a bit slower and heal blood.

Just an idea I thought off hope you like it P:

Overall, the map seemed fun and enjoyable map although it still has a long way to go before it is complete. Although there are alot of cons, a few glitches and bugs I would still suggest this map to my friends as it takes alot of strategy to end up winning and visually is well made.

I would give it a 2.5/5 as there are still many cons, bugs and glitches that need fixing although along with that there isn't much more that I can think of to add to the game. Although it doesn't get rated too badly as it still is in beta stage and is making brilliant progress!

All in all hope you liked my review as much as I enjoyed playing your map,
Lag_Reviews P:

PS: I'd love to here your feedback on my review and can't wait to see what you can bring to this map and many others!

"Things I liked:"
-Preview image
Thanks
-Awesome custom spells/icons/items
I try my best :xxd:
-Epic terrain
My best side :razz:
-Blood as mana
I need only to change hero mana bar (below hero icon up left on screen) from blue to red
-The night and day system
Lost more than 5 hours only to make that
-How you can drink blood off other units
Trigger even has more than 15 if functions :gg:
-How each vampire had there own background story
Awesome isn't it

"CON's:"
-Text on loading screen hard to read
I will use another program next time to make better picture
-When your vampire becomes low on blood, you can't hunt for more blood because it keeps saying frenzy and deselecting your hero until it dies.(Thus makes it hard to select the function to drink more)
He gone frenzy, use potion to remove buff and then feast!
-Can't select the trees that are harvestable by slaves (Thus they just look like unharvestable trees)
i am terrainer and i see difference but well I will create trigger that will order slaves to harvest on map start
-Feasting on skeletons and zombies isn't logical (They wouldn't have much blood would they)
Vampire try to feast bites deals damage only first time and then stop!
-Can't buy or sell lumber at the shop it states "A valid patron must be near by" when my vampire/hero is standing next to the building with the red arrow above his head
Some crazy bug, i remove that, will add later maybe

"MAJOR GLITCH"
-Why when I killed the Malkavians(orange's) father it said I was defeated? (Also if you kill any father it says your defeated)
I was :hohum: when I saw this,sry man, simple event in only one trigger was changed from owner of killing to owner of dying!

"Thing that confused me:"
-Couldn't work out the main objective of the game, I thought it was to kill all rival vampires fathers but it turns out if we kill them we loose?
I write above that I FIXED it, sry for that once again

"Things you could add to the map to improve it:"
- You could add blood fountains
Okay I was recently playing your map and got an idea to help us heal blood faster if we are out hunting during the night and have little blood and no potions.

I was thinking that you could add a few Blood Fountains round the map, that would work just like Mana Fountains except a bit slower and heal blood.

Just an idea I thought off hope you like it P:
Well you get 1 REP point for that (I wanted to add more but i can't for now :cute:) Idea is awesome, I added four fountains of blood, that regenerate mana (BLOOD)

In the End
I started on Early beta Version 5 = BETA
I already fixed all that above!
Added some new stuff
Changed some old stuff :thumbs_up:
And want to do:

-Add elite and ultimate ITEMS
-Create more units
-Total Balance
-More crazy Spells

-:fp: YOUR IDEA :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Ok guys I can say that VCW will soon reach BETA version and be uploaded!
Tomorrow or some day this week it will be uploaded! :thumbs_up:

EDIT: FINALLY HERE IT IS FIRST BETA VERSION!
Vampire Clan Wars

Download -> Test (Have fun) -> Post Comment -> I Check Comment, Update Map -> Download Again -> PLAY (Have more fun)

Last edited:
Level 2
Hey Kados, I've decided to renew my account here and become more active :)
I'll try to host your map once in a while to test it out and give you some feedback ;)
Also, show up one day for that game of AtD- I'm really tired of playing with noobs : \

Anyway- Uploading map to bot and soon will edit this with some feedback.

EDIT: Oh, you've uploaded it here- I'll leave a comment there instead ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.