• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Valve's DotA 2 Official Trailer, What can you say about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Thats because Valve uses ingame models even in their videos.

Thats how pro they are.

oh ok, so thats how valve makes cinematics.... anyway who is the creepy guy at the left of earthshaker?anyone know who he is?
BTW his stance looks awfully close to sven's

Level 16
what can i say?
images

UUUUHHHH.....

Level 19
I'll still stay on Warcraft III though, maybe I'll buy the game but I do believe that it isn't as incredible as many think.

It looks fine... Bloodseeker getting pawned by axe... but I kinda dislike they used the original viper model coz I like the netherdragon more than the coutl? or whatever that's called...

I think who showed when bloodseeker was down was magina, then raigor then sven...

I cannot think of any other for the winged one rather than terrorblade (maybe it was on metamorph)...

Level 27
the character hair looks like clay seriously just look at lina's hair in the video...

Thats because Valve uses ingame models even in their videos.

Thats how pro they are.
At least they're honest about the game graphics...

Vavle is light years away from blizz except HL/CS that remain the best shooters

Half Life series are one of greatest PC singleplayer FPS, but they suck in multiplayer...
Don't forget that Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead are very popular, too!

Level 19
Hmm... We could say Blizzard is excellent.
Valve is good, but in my opinion, not good enough to make a game that sets well into different players.

Level 14
Basicly Dota has been taken out of the context of a map developed through modding in Wc3, and placed into the context of a stand alone game renamed to Dota 2. What this means is that Dota 2 will have the same content present in Dota, and in time the ammount of content will increase through new heroes and new items. However the main point here, is that now the developers can profit more from Dota as a stand alone game than a map in Wc3.

The graphic style is similar to HoN, and since HoN copies a lot of heroes and items from the original Dota... than for me Dota 2 = HoN with some differences here and there.

So as I see it, we actually have just 2.5 games of the AoS genre. Dota (being 1.5... dota, dota2, hon) and LoL.

I seriously expected more variety, but it seems that only the people at Riot had the ideea to introduce different elements, different heroes, different items, different mechanic compositons which would result a in different metagame.

Also a correction to someone from this thread, Icefrog didn't work for HoN or LoL... Icefrog just let the guys at HoN copy elements from DotA and in return he could copy some things from HoN too. Goinsoo who was working at DotA before Icefrog is working at LoL.

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
Is Guinsoo working with Valve for DotA2 development? I heard that he gonna do so, but I'm only sure about his place in LoL. That guy was continuing the Eul's map (origin of dota, the first dota tbh) to make it shine as much as posible - unfortunately he failed and it was the IceFrog who actually brought DotA on the top. If he is going to work on DotA 2, hope he won't do the same mistake as previous one ;<

Anyways, if second Dota won't show us something new, LoL will own it (even now that game has over 15mln accounts).

Level 19
Anyways, even with Dota 2's release, I'll still be looking forward to Blizzard games more than the ones by Valve.

Level 19
I wouldn't mind playing Dota 2.
But I'll stick to Warcraft III, Starcraft II and definitely DotA (Warcraft III) as well.

Too boring to just play the same game with more lights.

Level 27
I wouldn't mind playing Dota 2.
But I'll stick to Warcraft III, Starcraft II and definitely DotA (Warcraft III) as well.

Too boring to just play the same game with more lights.

*More polygons.

I signed up for Beta test of Dota 2... let's see what this baby got.. maybe I'll even get a TF2 hat? :ogre_hurrhurr:

By the way, just asking, but is Dota 2 based on source engine?

Level 22
'Valve' sounds like 'cunt'... I don't know why but I always made these associations (maybe because it is close to vulva)

^Ewww dota, please... it's a lot more interesting to team play and frag the enemy than you with no skill who only play TDs & RPGs think. Not that dota requires any skill compared to 3v3/4v4 not that it requires any skill compared to 1v1 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.