Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Valkyrie class preview and 1.2D features

Discussion in 'Gaias Retaliation ORPG' started by Zwiebelchen, May 20, 2017.

1. YakoCH

YakoCH

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wondered how the lance toggle is being handeled.
    Up to now I didn't really understand how this is gonna work.

I guess that normally there is no lance active. So you press Q to switch to divine lance. Then you can heal ...
    But what happens then? Let's say you don't have mana anymore: Do you have to switch to dread lance first and then (after waiting 5s) switch to no lance to build up some mana? - That would mean that you have to wait 10s inbetween each healing phase, which is too long in my opinion.

Or do you mean it like: There are 2 different lance-misc-items in the game? When you put the divine lance in the inventory, you can toggle to it for healing or deactivate for building up mana? (Then you'd have no ability to deal additional dmg.)
    But when you find the dread-lance-misc-item, and put it on, you can switch between dread lance and no lance, to deal additional dmg / building up mana.
    Paired with this possibility could be the activation mechanics like stoneskin from monk. The cooldown of 5s starts when you activate the lance, but you can switch back as early as you like. But the earliest you can switch it ON again would be after 5s.

My english sucks today ... let me know if this isn't clear enough!

2. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    it works like the defense ability. You can toggle between two modes at will.
    Divine Lance and Dread Lance are two mutual exclusive ability choices. You can only have either Divine or Dread Lance, not both. So there are only two modes at the same time, not three.

3. MiroBG

MiroBG

Resources:
    Resources:
    Zwieb a question comes to my mind.You said that we will need to have reached lvl 50 in order to make Valkyrie but how will the game exactly comprehend that we alrdy got a lvl 50?Will we need to load a maxed char first then repick n create her?

4. Strikest

Strikest

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Probably a check for level 50 souls would be enough.

5. Juvia_Lockser

Juvia_Lockser

Resources:
    Resources:
    İmho first have to load a lvl 50 char and repick this will trigger to select new class. Probly something like that.

6. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Exactly. You just load a 50 before and then the class gets unlocked in the hero selection when repicking.

7. BoxOfFaith

BoxOfFaith

Resources:
    Resources:
    Aw. I was hoping she was hanging out in the Riversdale tavern, and when you talk to her without being level 50 she tells you to come back later when you're stronger. Then when you ARE level 50 and talk to her, she says something like "hey, maybe you are strong enough to beat the plague, perhaps I could join you on your journey" and that is what unlocks her!

8. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    That is a good idea Box - +1 - makes things even more exciting and immersive.

9. VakarlanS

VakarlanS

Resources:
    Resources:
    That idea is great, maybe zwieb can re-do it in the future for newer players.

10. Juvia_Lockser

Juvia_Lockser

Resources:
    Resources:
    İts add some flavor but , talk>Be Lvl 50>talk again to unlock its just taking your time probly most players gonna be pissed because of that unlock progress its trouble for me too its annoying imo. Load>Repick still better and faster.

11. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Haha... you can't be serious, we are talking about 30 seconds difference. And it's a once per player thing.

12. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I will probably record some extra lines if I happen to find a voice actress for the new class in case I ever implement such a mini-quest. I'll keep it in mind, but the first iteration will be as described above.

13. MiroBG

MiroBG

Resources:
    Resources:
    I suggest you hire vDou as the lead actress for the new class :D I believe he is most suited for the job xDxD

14. Zoracl

Zoracl

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello, i cant convert my save "Soul Vault" from version 1.2C(18) to 1.2D(2) . Its invalid code..
    How should i do it plz ?

15. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Read patch notes. Your old codes don't work anymore unless you import them from each patch to the next.

16. Zoracl

Zoracl

Resources:
    Resources:
    So my save is lost ? or there is a solution ?

17. MiroBG

MiroBG

Resources:
    Resources:
    basicly -comp ur hero codes from 18c to 1.2d(2) and then -comp again to 1.2d(4) for vault codes if you havent gotten a collectible in ur vault from bf u wont be able to import it