1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Uruk-Hai (War of the Ring)

Submitted by HerrDave
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
"I don't take orders from Orc maggots... Saruman will have his prize! We slew the great warrior. We took the prisoners. We came out of Isengard and led you here, and we shall lead you back by the way we choose. I am Uglúk, I have spoken!"
- Uglúk, Captain of the White Hand

Featuring
-Uruk Warrior
-Uruk Bowman
-Uruk Warleader

Texture came from "War of the Ring (2003)", and has been refined and rearranged to fit with Warcraft 3

Keywords:
Uruk, Hai, Uruk-hai, Bowman, Bow, Archer, Hunter, Arrow, Orc, Lord, Of, The, Rings, War, Ring, Evil, Lotr, Isengard, Warleader, Warrior, Soldier, Marauder, White, Hand

Should I add a shield to the Warrior?
Previews
Contents

Uruk-Hai Bowman (Model)

Uruk-Hai Warrior (Model)

Uruk-Hai Warleader (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Works in-game, performs appropriately and is a good addition to the model section.
  1. mildhits13

mildhits13

Resources:
    Resources:
    A great addition to your Uruk-Hai models good sir. I don't know if the portrait is meant to be on the side but anyways awesome model!

2. Hazop

Hazop

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Awesome work! HerrDave, keep up the progress

3. infrenus

infrenus

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Oh now you got it! a huge upgrade from the very old one!

4. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Oops! D:

Fixed it

5. Korialstrasz

Korialstrasz

Resources:
    Resources:
    You know what I think of your models, they are simply awesome!
    Hope some day you'll have all of them WotR models in your collection! That shall be a good day!

6. konvan5

konvan5

Resources:
    Resources:
    Perfectly! I like it

7. Gluma

Gluma

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Lol that string

Good job with adding some inertia there, however it looks a little bit like rubber if overdone

Also theres an easy way to make the bow look better, simply attach the bow limbs' vertexes to both the bowstring bone and the hand bone, itl make the bow bend when the guy pulls the string. May look really cool with all that inertia, even if a little bit comical

8. Letgoit2

Letgoit2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Perfect, i do need more maghar orcs in generall, but this ones gonna do

9. Vareth

Vareth

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like it :D

10. Zess

Zess

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Great that you decided to add melee animation
    It was one of those features that I liked in WOTR.

I'm afraid to make a mistake, because I have not watched this model for a long time, but you did add a bowstring and an arrow, right?
    Very skillful work.

11. Dinodin

Dinodin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Great pack! So are you going to make Berserker, Crossbowman and Lurtz models too?

12. HerrDave

HerrDave

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I don't think I'll be making a crossbowman, but I will be making a berserker and the rest of these guys will be receiving updates.

Keep in mind, my LotR models don't follow the movies, that's more Fingolfin's thing

These Uruks are going to become a mix of these guys

[​IMG] [​IMG]

13. infrenus

infrenus

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    The crossbowman might be a good idea tho, even if I think it detracts a bit from the technology style you going for your units and is a bit redundant with the archer.

And will the berzerker use a sword and shield or go for the big longblade? I'd go for the longblade just so it looked more distinct than the other two uruks, but its just my own personal suggestions.

14. Lukor

Lukor

Resources:
    Resources:
    Definitely with a shield! :D

15. SonsOfSami

SonsOfSami

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I really like this update, the Warleader's new helmet is amazing!
    Edit: Actually after taking a look at the old version, I found out that the old version's steel texture, i.e the pauldrons, were better than the new one :/
    Maybe in an another version?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  16. Wayshan

Wayshan

Resources:
    Resources:
    Warleader is more than a fine edition to the pack. I really dig the armor, especially the helmet and the weapon. The animations are neat as well! =)

As for the shield, I would like to see another version as Sami suggested. I would especially enjoy it if that version got more armor, maybe the helmet as well as the warlord.

17. Legacy18

Legacy18

Resources:
    Resources:
    Uruk Hai with a mace looks like Shao Khan.

18. Makoodzaka

Makoodzaka

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh no I didn't download the good ones while I still had a chance. Please tell me you have backups :eek:

You remind me of "this video will be taken down in 1 hour" kind of stuff. Grab it while it's hot 'cause soon it'll be gone forever.

19. Zess

Zess

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    About shield.

Well, if you give him a simple rough shield, like the one that was in the films - then I think it would be great.

In fact, I have a lot more complaints not to the lack of a shield, but to the flamberge-like sword.
    He would have been great for the old warleader model (i hope, you bring it back), but this sword seems very strange with a regular Uruk who even has no armor at all.
    Actually I think that old scimitar\falchion\dusack model fits more.

BTW, Will you make the BFME version?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019