• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ursa Major - Super Heavy Tank

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
Description
The Ursa Major is the crown of super-heavy tank development of the United Federal Territories. The Ursa Major, or internally named the X3, was spawned by the successful deployment and testing of the Kodiak Super Heavy Tank.

The Tank is equipped with the heaviest, most expensive and most modern armament seen in the battalions of the UFT. Ursa Major packs two super-heavy 155mm high velocity cannons with armour piercing shells, a twin linked pair of heavy barrage rocket pods and the newly developed fuel ejection system, primarily a heavy twin flame-thrower. The chassis of the tank is plated with the best composite armour plating available to the UFT. Being designed as a highly versatile super-heavy tank, two subsystems can me mounted on the two pods on the turret. Due to the new fusion engines the tank can reach very high speeds for a super-heavy class tank. The tank also features some of the best subsystems available in the galaxy, laser-guides, multi-purpose radar and diction systems and high intensity lights being only few of them.

In case of possible critical damage the tank will leave a wreckage, which can, due to the high integrity of the tank's hull, be totally repaired and recovered.
In the following pack you can find more goodies associated with the tank:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/arena-226/modeling-contest-16-tanks-159584/index28.html#post1520149

Credits
Give credits if you use it in your campaign/map, DON'T distribute to other sites and DON'T edit/take parts from this model without my permission.
Have fun with the model.
Model version
v 1.0: [27th March 2010] Base version.
v 1.2: [10th April 2010] Redone ALL animations and improved the model.
v 1.25: [19th April 2010] Tweaked some animations and event objects.
v 1.3: [13th July 2010] Remodelled the muzzles of the cannons to give them a better signature.
v 1.5: [26th November 2010] Removed second tracks by better use of materials. The model is now approximately 20kb smaller.
Keywords:
tank, super, heavy, super heavy, barrels, General Frank, General, Frank, threads, laser, rocket pods, rockets, rocket, barrage, mammoth, mammoth tank,
Contents

Ursa Major - Super Heavy Tank (Model)

Reviews
21:26, 27th Mar 2010 DonDustin: will get rating/comment after the contest DonDustin: added rating. 1 of the best Tank models I have seen so far. The mesh is outstanding and the textures fit very well. One might argue that it is just another tank...
Level 2
Awesome work! No unit in any RTS game is quite as intimidating as the iconic Mammoth Tank. Extra props on making a model of it that doesn't feel out of place in WCIII. This is definitely one of my favorite models on the site.