1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Ursa Major - Super Heavy Tank

Submitted by General Frank
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Description
The Ursa Major is the crown of super-heavy tank development of the United Federal Territories. The Ursa Major, or internally named the X3, was spawned by the successful deployment and testing of the Kodiak Super Heavy Tank.

The Tank is equipped with the heaviest, most expensive and most modern armament seen in the battalions of the UFT. Ursa Major packs two super-heavy 155mm high velocity cannons with armour piercing shells, a twin linked pair of heavy barrage rocket pods and the newly developed fuel ejection system, primarily a heavy twin flame-thrower. The chassis of the tank is plated with the best composite armour plating available to the UFT. Being designed as a highly versatile super-heavy tank, two subsystems can me mounted on the two pods on the turret. Due to the new fusion engines the tank can reach very high speeds for a super-heavy class tank. The tank also features some of the best subsystems available in the galaxy, laser-guides, multi-purpose radar and diction systems and high intensity lights being only few of them.

In case of possible critical damage the tank will leave a wreckage, which can, due to the high integrity of the tank's hull, be totally repaired and recovered.

In the following pack you can find more goodies associated with the tank:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/arena-226/modeling-contest-16-tanks-159584/index28.html#post1520149

Credits
Give credits if you use it in your campaign/map, DON'T distribute to other sites and DON'T edit/take parts from this model without my permission.
Have fun with the model.

Model version
v 1.0: [27th March 2010] Base version.
v 1.2: [10th April 2010] Redone ALL animations and improved the model.
v 1.25: [19th April 2010] Tweaked some animations and event objects.
v 1.3: [13th July 2010] Remodelled the muzzles of the cannons to give them a better signature.
v 1.5: [26th November 2010] Removed second tracks by better use of materials. The model is now approximately 20kb smaller.

Keywords:
tank, super, heavy, super heavy, barrels, General Frank, General, Frank, threads, laser, rocket pods, rockets, rocket, barrage, mammoth, mammoth tank,
Contents

Ursa Major - Super Heavy Tank (Model)

Reviews
21:26, 27th Mar 2010 DonDustin: will get rating/comment after the contest DonDustin: added rating. 1 of the best Tank models I have seen so far. The mesh is outstanding and the textures fit very well. One might argue that it is just another tank...
  1. Frunzbob

Frunzbob

Resources:
    Resources:
    love it ... its really awesome

2. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    humm.. i dunno.. Hive has always announcements for the latest war3/tft patch with this or that fix.. i think you can find some in the announcement section in the forums '~'

3. yesung

yesung

Resources:
    Resources:
    nice ty

4. Crazed_seal2

Crazed_seal2

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    OMG! Awesome model! I can't wait to use this! Although its got alot of polys but it doesn't matter! I'll just use it once in meh map! +Rep for awesomeness, 5/5, and a cookie. :thumbs_up: :cool:

5. Fourmman

Fourmman

Resources:
    Resources:
    More tanks is always good.

"There is no such thing as overkill. Only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'.

+rep!

6. indestructible

indestructible

Resources:
    Resources:
    With him keeping up making those tanks of hes, then we will be soon able to make a tank war map :xxd:

7. Dr. House

Dr. House

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This reminds me of Red alert somhow :s i think because of the quality of the model cause it looks freaking nice

8. EVILMAN

EVILMAN

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's so great that beautiful is an insult.

9. Sorceress

Sorceress

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    omg, nice *drawl*

10. Matarael

Matarael

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    General Frank, I tried using this and scaling it to 4 (I wanted an in-your-face large tank which is in scale with other units like the riflemen). But I'm getting a small problem:
    The missile isn't shooting from the cannon. It's shooting from underneath the tank, at the centre. Any suggestions on what to put on the numbers to make the tank rounds come out of the cannons?

I am using your very own "tank rounds" as the missile model by the way.

11. anarchianbedlam

anarchianbedlam

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    :D YAAY Director's Cut! we had some incredible entries in the modeling contest and this one was by far one of the most impressive. General Frank keeps raising the bar by finding new ways to manipulate the tinkertexture.

12. Hugomath

Hugomath

Resources:
    Resources:
    Really nice work there :D. 5/5

PS: What about Walker Tanks? :p

13. Gamiratar

Gamiratar

Resources:
    Resources:
    this is just awesome...ur models rock

14. adonisis

adonisis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Reminds me of the Red alert 2 Soviet Tank xD, the big Strong tank...

15. Dr. House

Dr. House

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    sure does :p i kinda used it as that for my old RA2 map :p

16. FatNastyOgre

FatNastyOgre

Resources:
    Resources:
    nice nice!

17. captain0rex

captain0rex

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm new to this can you just have the tank and not go over another model because i have NO idea because i wanna make it look original Because i dont like the normal bullets i have Please help

18. Slead

Slead

Resources:
    Resources:
    i always love this model

19. weird999

weird999

Resources:
    Resources:
    :thumbs_up:awesome model

20. Zealon

Zealon