1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Urban Legends of Lordaeron People1.4

Submitted by Majkowski
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.

Urban Legends of Lordaeron People v1.4

[​IMG]

Map Info

This campaign contains 5 different stories that are told by four bored people on night watch,every story is original in some way. Those four story tellers are Bob, Garry, Thorgas and Captain Bronzebeard. Bob is smart and always annoyed, Garry is little thickheaded, Thorgas is a dwarf smartass and nagger and Captain Bronzebeard is obviously their leader.
Your objective is simply play through all those stories, decide which one was the best and write your opinion here!
Campaign contains 13 chapters, if you count Credits.

Features

• Five different and original stories
  • 12 chapters
  • Few custom models
  • 3+ hours of gameplay
  • Funny moments
  • Custom spells
  • Some completly new units

Screenshots

DON'T GET SCARED BY THE CZECH LANGUAGE IN SOME SCREENSHOTS, YOU'LL HAVE EVERYTHING IN ENGLISH!
Screenshot1
[​IMG]

Screenshot2
[​IMG]

Screenshot3
[​IMG]

Screenshot4
[​IMG]

Screenshot5
[​IMG]

Screenshot6
[​IMG]

Screenshot7
[​IMG]

Some else stuff about map

• First story is not to be taken too seriously
  • Worked on this campaign 15+ hours
  • When I started working on this, I didn't even know what will be these stories about, EVERYTHING is improvised

Change Log

Version 1.1

• Campaign buttons are now showing
  • Difficulty is now variable
  • Changed Campaign picture

Version 1.2

• Added three custom spells
  • Fixed some grammar errors
  • Set sky on all maps
  • Changed captain's name

Version 1.3

• Improved camera using
  • Corrected bugs
  • Ogres speak like proper ogres
  • Quest related units in third story are now invulnerable
  • Half-wit Paw in third story is now different from other ogres
  • Human base in third story is destroyed faster
  • Second story should be more entertaining now
  • Orcs attack more than once in the fourth story
  • Story of Garry the Awesome is now even more awesome
  • Added more original content (for example, one new unit called Brutal Knight in fourth story)

Version 1.4

• Improved boss fights
  • fixed or replaced custom spells
  • It's no longer necessary to play the interludes in order to continue to the next level
  • Added more new units to the fourth story
  • Secnod story is a bit easier
  • Safe zones in last story are restoring Frosty's life faster
  • Outro should be working now
  • Fixed some cinematics issues
  • Changed icon of the snow minion
  • Updated credits (Duh)
  • File size of the campaign is now much smaller

Credits

Complete credits are in game

Keywords:
Warcraft, Warcraft 3, Frozen Throne, Campaign, Custom campaign, Lordaeron, Stories, Random stories, Humans, Aliance, Ogres, Snowman
Contents

Urban Legends of Lordaeron People1.4 (Campaign)

Reviews
15th Feb 2016, StoPCampinGn00b: Hasn't been updated since September with multiple reviews voting for needed fixes. 20:15, 22nd Aug 2015 Shadow Fury: Campaign set to needs fix. Read my new review.
  1. 15th Feb 2016,
    StoPCampinGn00b:
    Hasn't been updated since September with multiple reviews voting for needed fixes.

20:15, 22nd Aug 2015
    Shadow Fury: Campaign set to needs fix. Read my new review.

2. Arad MNK

Arad MNK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Will check out ^^

And Probably give a review (If worth it)

3. klawster01

klawster01

Resources:
    Resources:
    I finish first mission and then the others do not follow...

4. KingLich

KingLich

Resources:
    Resources:
    Same for me, can only play Intro, first mission and the credits. Played all of them and nothing else unlocks.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  5. ZiBitheWand3r3r

ZiBitheWand3r3r

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    you forget about show campaign button

• konec
      • Events
        • Destructible - Ruined Gate (Horizontal) 1162 <gen> dies
      • Conditions
      • Actions
        • Wait 5.00 seconds
        • Game - Show custom campaign button 5
        • Game - Victory Player 1 (Red) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
        • Game - Set the next level to Maps\ULLP-interlude2.w3x

6. Majkowski

Majkowski

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Fixed it. :as:

7. Krouchnoufnouf

Krouchnoufnouf

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm gonna test this campaign, (check this later, i will update my comment once i finished)

I finished the campaign, That wasn't so bad, it's even pretty decent.

Good points :
    - A campaign about story telling, original and i like it ! :thumbs_up:
    - Credits for the skins used
    - Ogres :grin:
    - Side quests which help you in your main quest and worth it to complete.
    - Fun to watch the Interludes.
    Bad points :
    - The first mission is almost near from the definition of "Boring", Even if it's fun to hear Garry telling about himself of "howawesomeiam", his spells aren't so awesome and he can only heal himself and do crits while AA all day.
    - Ontro don't work
    - All heroes in this game got basic abilities like holy light... Or shock flames or Phenix... Maybe you can add your own custom spells.
    - The name of the captain don't fit for a human... Maybe you can find something else ?

Suggestions :
    - For Garry, you can add spells which are really awesome, like sending a big thunder on his enemies, or going in and slicing every units in his path... You can do more here to make's Garry even more... Awesome.
    - Adds more custom spells on other heroes.
    - More cinematics ? Like when your ogre coming in the human base.
    - Why Nicholas got a sam icon on the 2nd mission ? :eek:

I give a rate of 2.5/5 +rep, it's good but you can improve !

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  8. Majkowski

Majkowski

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank you for this review! I will try to fix and improve everything. :csmile:
    And consider the Sam icon as an easteregg. :grin:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  9. KingLich

KingLich

Resources:
    Resources:
    In the mission against three orc forces, they send troops against you just once, they replenish their forces but won't attack you again the whole time.

10. Knight of Arsford

Knight of Arsford

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'll try this out. I might make a review when I finish this.

11. Majkowski

Majkowski

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello there, I'm glad that you are going to try this out, but please, if you already downloaded it, download it again now, I just fixed one mistake I did in the last update.

That's weird, they were attacking when I was testing it. I will look at this and try to figure it out.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2015
  12. Shadow Fury

Shadow Fury

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    The map is not acceptable. You based almost all the campaign on default stuff (skills, units, everything...). That's now how we create a good campaign if there's nothing coming ftom you. Sure, the story was hilarious and kept me quite interested but it's really how you did not put any effort in creating something original (talking about heroes and skills). Anyone could just create some terrain and use default units and call it a "map" but that's not what passes the standards. In addition, the camera usage is really inappropriate in many places. Let's take the ogres part. When I met Glorg, his head was literally cropped out with the first camera. In the interlude of the captain, the 3 soldiers were moving but the camera didn't point at them. Really bad...

Now I wish to point out some issues in each map:

Story One:
    Quite bad. I got the Paladin's spell set with a self-healing holy light and a critical strike. When I reached the massive horde of zombies, I just used my Divine Shield to pass through them untouched. Sure, it ended before reaching the boss and they attacked me but they didn't really do anything. As I reached the boss, I still kept spamming divine shield. The boss kept watching me as I sliced him into little bits attack after attack. If that's what you call a boss fight to let your hero be called "awesome"...

Story Two:
    A very boring mission for the following reasons:
    The blood mage's spell set cannot really be used for the purpose of that map. I am hunting treasures therefore I expect to find heavily guarded chambers that I have to cleanse with awesome spells. Sadly, I found the contrary. Just the main chamber is properly guarded but defeating the guards was nearly impossible. How am I supposed to kill them with Flame Strike and Banish only? Can't even reach level 6 to summon the Phoenix even. Imagine that I scarcely managed to defeat the spider crabs in the first island with difficulties...

Story Three:
    Seriously? Since when ogres are able to speak English correctly? What makes ogres really adored by the majority is their tendency to make intentional dumb grammatical mistakes. Well, that's something personal so I may omit it. What I cannot omit are the following:
    1- Mal-usage of camera
    2- I can attack the quest givers (Female Ogre, Smartass, Glorg). Make them invulnerable
    3- The cinematic that runs when I return with the food runs more than once. I came in range with Stinky, watched the cinematic, returned back to Stinky to destroy the crates behind her (can't reach them I found out) and the cinematic ran once again. Are you sure you turned off the trigger that runs this cinematic?
    4- I cannot differentiate between Half-wit Paw and Ogre Warriors because they have the same model. Unless I get the aura, I can't figure who's who without hovering the mouse on each or casting a spell. You could darken the colour of Half-wit Paw or add a special attachment to him to make him distinguishable
    5- Destroying the whole human base was too long and bothersome. Decrease the HP of all buildings so that I can raze them quickly and not take an eternity to destroy all structures.

Story Four:
    As KingLich said, the orcs attack me once and never again, although they still train units. If you used the AI Editor, you have to be sure that in the "Attacking category" you set "Repeats Waves" to a value superior to 0. And... come on... why are there default units only? You have to be creative dude.

And I stopped here because it became too tedious.
    Overall the map is too buggy, unexciting and unoriginal. It has to be set to needs fix with a rating of 2/5.

13. Majkowski

Majkowski

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thank you for this! Finally someone told me everything that is wrong about this campaign. But I'm afraid that you played an older version, because some of the things you pointed out are already fixed. Anyway, I will try to fix all the other stuff and maybe it will get better.
    Edit: And I'm really sorry about the correct grammar of the ogres. You see, I'm from Czech republic and the authors of translation to the czech language simply just fu*ked it up. For instance, they fu*ked up voicing of the human knight, he just delivers quotes of Death Knight with just different voice actor. So, in our czech version the ogres speak normally, with no grammar problems. But i will fix that for sure.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  14. WarLord69

WarLord69

Resources:
    Resources:
    awesome map!

15. Majkowski

Majkowski

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow, thank you fot these kind words! I'm really glad that you enjoyed it. :smile:

16. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Have you decided to upload the newer version for this?

17. Majkowski

Majkowski

Resources:
    Resources:
    It is already updated to the version 1.3 :as:

18. Ariagil

Ariagil

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Gonna take a look!
    Czech interface? What a surprise, I wouldn't have guessed I'd come across someone Czech outside there (on THW) whom I hadn't met on warcraft3.cz or wc3kampan.cz before... Or have I? PM me! :)

19. Arad MNK

Arad MNK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The campaign is fully in English D: