• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Upgrading units into units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey does anyone know how to upgrade a unit into a unit? Kind of like in Werewolf where you can upgrade a unit into a warrior. Is it a trigger, a modified ability or some sort of custom spell? If it's not possible, I will be unable to do many maps, so please respond!

Level 6
It is probably a trigger and you will probably have to make a new unit in the object editor in order for each stage of upgrade. Something like this i would imagine

Event - Unit finsihes researching
Condition - Tech researched = Transform
Action - Pick everyunit (owned by owner of triggering unit)and do multiple actions
Loop-
IF/THEN/ELSE
IF - Picked unittype = "Transformer"
THEN - Replace picked unit with unit "Transformed"
ELSE - Do nothing

I used the names "Transform" to refer to the name of the upgrade that causes everyone to change. The name "Transformer" to refer to the original state of the unit and "Transformed" to refer to the altered state of te unit

Level 2
wow1ok.gif

I don't see an "Upgrades To" field, do you?

Level 5
Wrong

@Draqz: You are wrong! Here is what you do: (I think it's a bug... so you abuse a WE bug.)

1 - Open object editor.

2 - Find/create the unit you want to transform.(I will call it werewolf in this "tutorial")

3 - Make the unit a structure by selecting the box; Is a structure.

4 - Create the warrior unit.

5 - Set the "Techtree - Upgrades to" to the warrior.

6 - Now make the werewolf a unit again by deselecting "Is a strcture"

7 - When you test it in-game you will be able to upgrade to a warrior. Requires only the unit object editor! This is how I do it.

PS: It worked at 1.17, haven't tested in 1.18, but it should work since they don't mension it at the update deatails...

Hope I helped you!

Another way is ofcourse to edit the Druid of the Claw "Bear Form" ability. And if you want special effects on that, you must use triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.