• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Update Error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
So, I was working on a custom map that involves a LOT of custom resources. However, after I updated my warcraft 3 game to 1.27, things got... worse. I can no longer upload any custom resources, as any attempts to do so result in these error messages (check attachments). This happens every time I try to upload a new model, even ones that are already in the system.

Attachments

• Derp1.PNG
    Derp1.PNG
    4.9 KB · Views: 87
  • Derp2.PNG
    Derp2.PNG
    3.1 KB · Views: 45

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
As the error clearly states, you lack sufficient permission to create that temporary folder. To put it in other words, the user running WorldEdit lacks permission in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\" folder where it creates the temporary folder WorldEdit uses to store all map files while it packs them into the MPQ map archive.

You can fix this by right clicking the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\" folder, selecting properties, selecting the Security tab and then modifying the folder permission (and all subfolders, etc) so that the user account which runs WorldEdit has full control permission over the folder.

You can also fix it by running WorldEdit as an administrator. However this is not recommended as it is pointless elevation of application permissions. It can however be used to temporarily check if the problem is permission related.

Level 11
Okay, so I tried to mess with the security tab of the WorldEditor and it didn't work. The only thing that seemed to have any affect was opening it up as administrator.
Thanks you for assistance, although I am wondering if it is the update that did started this problem.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Thanks you for assistance, although I am wondering if it is the update that did started this problem.
Programs should not be writing to the Program File folder starting with Windows Vista. As such you need Administrator permission or to explicitly give user permission to the folders. You need to recursively change the Warcraft III folder permission to include full control to your user account, not just the executable's run permission. In other words your user account, which is running World Edit, lacks permission to modify the Warcraft III folder so when it tries to create the temporary folder during saving it gets thrown a security exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.