• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Upcoming Forum Theme Style - Sneak Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
This style was originally for my own site, but The Hive Workshop will feature it aswell :emote_razz:

Anyway, it's still being worked on.

stylepreview2.jpg

stylepreview.jpg

Level 9
Looks good

WoW,
looks really nice! :smile:
i might finaly switch from the good old night elf theme!
Keep up the good work.

Level 3
oh my god! archian that is soo good!! did you make that yourself? if so, your a really good ... ummm...i don't know what you would it...a skinner?

anyways, i can't wait to use :)

Level 12
Orcs... no we need something new! Something.... hiveish!lol I guess orcs would work, but I don't see any race in that, there could be a number of choices for what you want. I would use it if you finish it. Sry, that is when you finish it, right? You are going to finish it?

Level 12
Forum SKin

I think this goes here since it isn't WC skinning......

How would I be able to make a custom forum skin like the one Archian is doing? I think it would be fun and would like to try making it. So does anybody know what I would do to get started on it?

Level 36
I believe only the admins can make skins because it requires access to the sites FTP. It's a good gesture, but unlikely because you basically need to be fluent in PHP to change the colour scheme and such, and then good at image design to create banners, buttons etc, even if you were an admin.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but perhaps you could submit your ideas to an admin (Daelin makes the best IMO) and see if they will make one for you? :D

Level 32
Since brad has answered the question, this thread now serves no valid purpose and is to be merged.

If Archian wants to elaborate further on the subject of forum style editing he will be able to do so in a thread that is not cross posted.

~ Thread merged.

Level 32
[revive]
[bump]
[double post]

Sheesh. I'm reviving this thread for a few reasons.
  1. Some of the vBulletin forum styles still contain damaged elements. I have been discussing possible solutions with the Chieftain. No promises, but (I hope) that within the next few weeks those themes created by the Kelani Mage will be repaired.

2. The "Workshop" theme has (temporarily at least) been removed.

3. The animated gif images that indicate reputation levels and are critical components of some styles:

reputation_2pos.gif
    reputation_1pos.gif
    reputation_1neg.gif
    reputation_noneoff.gif

were created by:

God amongst ants

[self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/member.php?u=110261"]
    [/self]

[broke= + REP]Whitehorn[/broke]

Status
Not open for further replies.