1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Upcoming changes to skills and character models & new abilities

Discussion in 'Gaias Retaliation ORPG' started by Zwiebelchen, Jun 11, 2014.

1. BoxOfFaith

BoxOfFaith

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fair enough :3. Perhaps I was intrigued with more options for colors on armors rather than the earthly tones that every armor seems to take :p.

2. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I don't think colors automaticly add into this... more like the style itself that is the problem.

As an example, I like this one, preferably as a bard armor:
    [​IMG]

or that, with a little bit of fur/hide look:
    [​IMG]

This is also cool with the colors, but not over the top:
    [​IMG]

Also, a cool and more unique design for a sorcerer:
    [​IMG]

3. Shamu

Shamu

Resources:
    Resources:
    concerning the sorcerer: Gothic (the game) has some nice outfits.

[​IMG]

4. Mullock

Mullock

Resources:
    Resources:
  5. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    @Shamu: this picture is not detailed enough to work with properly.
    @Mullock: Those pictures are useless. Please read again what I am actually looking for.

6. PachaXD

PachaXD

Resources:
    Resources:
    Some sorc/necro ideas

some cool ideas i found, about the diablo wizard one, i know is kind of out of place, i just love that firebird set on my wiz xD but i tough maybe u could get some ideas out of it at least

Attached Files:

7. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    God, I never expected this to be so hard; getting the details correctly shaped is tough.

8. morning

morning

Resources:
    Resources:
    bishop talent bug:20% reduced Mana cost of 'Heal' and 'Flash of Light' spells.it only reduces mana cost on spell introduction ,but when you use spells it doesn't work.

9. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I'm starting to get the hang of how this advanced photoshop stuff works; especially the smearing tool. Designs are getting better. As soon as the result meets my expectations of quality, I'll be sure to post a picture of it in action. :)

10. Ihazdialup

Ihazdialup

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hope the skinning is going smoothly and that you're getting the hang of it

11. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Unfortunately, I didn't have a lot of time lately. Painting armors is actually a very time consuming process. I'm currently thinking about changing my plans to only provide a few selectable skins for each class (and keep the current armor models in the game).

But from my tests so far, the hair color thing is awesome and is definitely here to stay.

12. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Finally had time to texture again. The base armor texture for thief and ranger is almost done. Hopefully, I can make the small ornament on the breasts look more metal-ish in the final version. Also, shoes are still missing.

Attached Files:

13. satoshikid

satoshikid

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks pretty awesome so far! :D

14. Valandil

Valandil

Resources:
    Resources:
    Im playing Gaias and love it so much, just wot ask if there gona be some ships battle ? i saw the pictures of pirates ... so ...?

15. GIMLI_2

GIMLI_2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    no, those were just suggestion for textured armor :)

16. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Boots still need some work. Aside from that, it's done. I'm pretty pleased with my first texture work... though it might look a little bit too epic for what I was aiming for.

Attached Files:

17. Ihazdialup

Ihazdialup

Resources:
    Resources:
    is that just going to be the basic, no armor texture?

18. Zwiebelchen

Zwiebelchen

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Yes, though I haven't decided yet what my ultimate approach to texture swapping will be, as I have mixed feelings about this now.

There's basicly two general ideas in my head:

1) I can go for the idea I initially had and make a dedicated texture for every armor model and remove the armor models completely

2) I make a number of selectable skins that the player can choose from for customization (and maybe some more epic skins can be unlocked later) and keep the current armor models

3) I only make 3 skins per hero and use them to swap textures when switching classes (in other words: necromancers have a different base skin than sorcerers)

--------------------------

1) is probably the coolest idea, but it's also the most time consuming one. I'd need to make at least 20-25 textures to keep the current amount of visual diversity in the game the same.

2) Is kind of an escape route ... it allows me to add more skins over time without the need to have a huge selection right at the beginning... but it also kind of sucks as now the armors basicly cover all the work I put into this.

3) The last straw imho. This is basicly the "okay, I give up" solution. As I'm quite pleased with my first texturing attempt, I feel this would be wasted potential.

Looking back, I didn't invest *that* much time into making this texture. Maybe like 5-6 hours? I think future textures will be done much faster than my first. But considering the total lack of time I have, even 5 hours is a lot.

I don't know... first, I got to fix the boots, then make the basic texture for the cloth users. Let's see how long it takes to do that. Maybe I'll get the hang of this texturing thing.

19. doubtful

doubtful

Resources:
    Resources:
    Remove armor models? does that mean no matter what armor we equip our appearance dont change? if the answer is yes then i dont want that:)
    I prefer every armor to have its own look.

20. GIMLI_2

GIMLI_2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    well, he removes the armor models imported into the game. instead of that, he gives each hero a custom texture overlay that looks like an armor depending on your item. and of course every armor has a different texture (well not every)