• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[SD/Modeling] Unit Variants for a Founding of Durotar fan project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Howdy!
Been working on-and-off on a sort of "sprucing up" of the campaign "The Founding of Durotar" that I may actually release publicly if the custom campaign feature ever comes back. The basic gist of the "sprucing up" is that I noticed a severe lack of model variety in the campaign which very much hampers the player experience after a while (I mean come on, you fight a big named wildkin boss who is distinguished by being... slightly bigger and tinted a different color... exciting...). I have, thanks to the wonderful years-long library of the HIVE, managed to replace a good majority of bosses and unit variants in the game with custom models, including the entirety of the Kul'tiran humans, which now have their World of Warcraft style in both units and buildings!
This was a long-winded explanation to basically say I need more variants! While some overhauls were easier than others, certain unit types are lacking a lot of models to represent them. So presented below is a list of currently un-altered units that could use some modeling love~ Hope this gets some people's creative juices flowing, and if not, that's fine too!
In no particular order:
-Centaur Sorcerer
-Centaur Outrunner
-Centaur Torturer
-Harpy Thief
-Harpy Rogue
-Harpy Queen
-Bloodfeather (Harpy Boss)
-Wildkin Earthcaster
-Enraged Wildkin
-Berserk Wildkin
-Brutal Wilkdkin
-Crazed Wildkin
-Bloodbeak the Berserker (Wildkin Boss)
-Champion Wildkin (Wildkin Boss)
-Quillboar Spirit Caller
-Elder Sasquatch
-Ancient Sasquatch
-Elder Wendigo
-Ancient Wendigo
-Elder Jungle Stalker
-Enraged Jungle Stalker
-Spider Crab Limbripper
-Spider Crab Behemoth
-Revenant of the Seas
-Revenant of the Depths
-Deeplord Revenant
-Skeletal Orc
-Skeletal Orc Champion
-Mur'gul Cliffrunner (can just be a green Mur'gul recolor)
-Mur'gul Tyrant (Mur'gul Boss)
-Mur'gul Overlord (Mur'gul Spellcaster Boss)
-Sea Giant Behemoth
-Guardian of the Deep (Sea Giant variant)
-Storm Lord (Sea Giant Boss)
-Gargantuan Sea Turtle
-Fel Stalker
-Makura Pooldweller (Preferably a skin so it can be used with Hermit's excellent models)
-Makura Tidecaller (Preferably a skin so it can be used with Hermit's excellent models)
I hope that some of these pique some people's interest! Feel free to ask questions about where the unit appears or possible ideas for the units, I will try to help where I can! Oh and also every unit needs to have a decay animation since none of these are hero units!

Status
Not open for further replies.