• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit goes inside Buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
What do you mean actually?

To transport to another spot as inside the building or just a village building and having villagers or units fall out of it, when someone destroys the building, kinda like how in the Pillaging in the Reign of Chaos Campaign where Arthas killed villagers preventing Mal'ganis to control them.

Level 4
Ok if i got this right...
You want a ability that allows units to enter a building and then when inside they will regenerate faster?
That will need a trigger i think.

Level 3
what i mean is this: i need a storage building. like in real life, you can go inside houses. as simple as that. and you still regenerate inside. smeone told me to use the Orc Burrows ability, is he right?

Level 4
"Undevouring" Hmm... funny word. Sounds like throwing up.

Oh yeah the topic!

I don't think the devour/undevour idea is good as you can't undevour and you can't set the damage per second to a number below 0.
Actually i think this will need some heavy triggering if it is possible which i begin doubting.

Level 4
Erhmm... wow.

I tried setting the dps for devour to -50 and then warcraft came up with "FATAL ERROR"
So again... Devour is a bad idea.

Level 5
hey guys, how can i make multiple units go inside buildings?

lol I thought users would know more about warcraft 3 than I... so, there's the thing...

1.go to Object Editor
2.choose a building you want
3.edit "Abilities - Normal" and add the ability called "Battle Stations"...

that's all :goblin_good_job: hope I helped you, if you couldn't do something just write back... :wink:

P.S. I'm still surprised how could anyone who posted before me couldn't come up with that, you guys should play with orcs more often because orc burrows usually have that ability... :)

sPy

sPy

Level 21
lol I thought users would know more about warcraft 3 than I... so, there's the thing...

1.go to Object Editor
2.choose a building you want
3.edit "Abilities - Normal" and add the ability called "Battle Stations"...

that's all :goblin_good_job: hope I helped you, if you couldn't do something just write back... :wink:

P.S. I'm still surprised how could anyone who posted before me couldn't come up with that, you guys should play with orcs more often because orc burrows usually have that ability... :)

Your post simply shows that you didnt fully read the first post. He wanted the unit to regenerate hp while inside a building.

By the way, I don't really like the sentence which I bold-ed and underlined.

Level 5
Your post simply shows that you didnt fully read the first
By the way, I don't really like the sentence which I bold-ed and underlined.

why? I just said that I'm not even a proffesional of world editor but even I know that thing and how could people who know world editor well couldn't come up with that, it's kinda strange... besides, you can just add some healing nearby units ability to the building and that's all I think...

Level 19
  • TransportHealAdd
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is loaded into a transport
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Transporting unit)) Equal to Orc Burrow
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to TransportHealGroup
      • Trigger - Turn on TransportHealLoop <gen>
  • TransportHealLoop
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TransportHealGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) is being transported) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) + 10.00)
              • -------- Or --------
              • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Percentage life of (Picked unit)) + 1.00)%
            • Else - Actions
              • Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from TransportHealGroup
      • If ((TransportHealGroup is empty) Equal to True) then do (Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)) else do (-------- Do Nothing --------)

Attachments

• Heal in Orc Burrow.w3x
    16.1 KB · Views: 39
Status
Not open for further replies.