• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unique: Incremental Spell System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I would like some help on a new, most likely simple, spell system. All contributions are greatly appreciated, whether it be actual script, tips or any form of positive communication.

I already have an almost fully-functional map that involves fast-paced, FFA dueling on a small map. Thing is... your Hero can level up to 625.

The system I'm looking to implement:

- All heroes begin with four generic abilities (Fan of Knives, Blink, Shadow Strike, and Avatar of Vengeance).
- Every level, each ability levels up and it's effects also increase by small increments, whether it be cooldown reduction, damage increase, more damage over time, or more spirits of vengeance produced.

I don't want to make 625 versions of each ability, and force the user to keep upgrading every level by clicking the Hero Abilities button. I want it to be instant upon Level Up.

If anyone could help, once again, greatly appreciated.

Level 4
i think it would be impossible u have to make 625 versions of each level heres the trigger
Code:
Melee Initialization
    Events
        Unit - A unit Gains a level
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Increase level of Blink for (Triggering unit)
        Unit - Increase level of Vengeance for (Triggering unit)
        Unit - Increase level of Shadow Strike for (Triggering unit)
        Unit - Increase level of Fan of Knives for (Triggering unit)
thats it

Level 3
Thanks alot. Only problem is that I really don't want to create 625 levels for each spell. Could anyone help me for the following:

Upon Hero Level Up

* Reduce the cooldown for the Blink ability by 0.05 seconds.
* Increase the range of the Blink ability by 5.

Thanks. I think this more practical.

Status
Not open for further replies.