• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unhappy Hive Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
I wasn't even greeted by a single hi or hello or yo or whatever

People don't say Hello anymore, oh my gawd! -_- *Emoboy detected* Are you for the 1st time on the internet? Get over yourself... a new member everyone will tell you hello? Hey Im from 2005 why dont they tell me hello, why dont they know me? They dont like me... On a forum.. Oh noes! I can't take this behavior .. *suicide*

edit~
I was gonna say it but this thread is for . Darn it, THW is even more boring than before my break.

Last edited:
Unhappy? What are you talking about? We're the most happiest users you've ever seen on the whole planet. No one else can be more happier than us.

40px-718smiley-svg1.png

Last edited:
Level 14
THW is pretty much a ghost town. Sure there's activity, but you're not going to see an extremely social group. Most people are on here because in RL they fail socially. There are those here where that's not true, but they're few and far between.

Don't worry about making others 'happy.' Just do your thing. If you piss off enough people to kick you out, just have a good laugh and move on.

//\\oo//\\

Level 3
This debate rolls around the same given fucking answer.
It's the fucking internet!
People don't care what they do or say because nothing can be done about it. Plain and simple, it's stress relief. The dude that trolled you in Pchat could be the happiest motherfucker in his town. You don't know behind text.
It's the internet.

Me on the other hand? My dad died 3 weeks ago. Innocent man dies of a random heart attack. Until this post you wouldn't know a damn thing about it to tell a difference.

Level 7
Wow...
The same as General Anon says. It's the internet. You can't tell if someone's happy or not, unless it's Skype, MSN or something other, where you can see his face.
Happy basically means... well, happy. Grin face, teeth, and happy. You can't tell if someone's happy or not on the internet (Exept for Shamanyouranus... he's epic all the time XD). Guess what I'm like right now... Not happy. Fuck happiness, it's gay. Being happy's gay. Who's serious, on the other hand....
Happy = Bad.
Serious = Good.
But of course users can't be serious all the time. If you want to be happy, find someone to private chat-to, or otherwise, stfu, in the good way. Period.
AND You got FUCKING PYRITIE! HE's.... AWESOME!

Level 18
Being happy is gay? WTF?!! Then almost every kid is gay, and you while playing games is gay

Nearly everything is gay with you people.

Edit:
Oh wait sorry, gay in old dictionary is happy
Except only if you're referring to the other gay

{EDIT}

Ah sorry rui I thought you were talking about unhappiness
Yes, I'm used to unfriendliness the proof of this is I am a Tanker in WoW but the problem I am pointing out is UNHAPPINESS.

Seeing as the original definition of gay IS Happy, yes, we're all gay.

Level 19
I like how seriousness is linked to unhappiness.

a little bit of madness can fix these things up!

Seeing as the original definition of gay IS Happy, yes, we're all gay.

as long as we are happy :p

Wazzz said:
i'm sensing that choosing a set day every week for all hivers to get naked and hug each other virtually may be a good way to improve community spirit, amirite?

I totally aprove!!! :thumbs_up:

I'll make myself a happy sandwich

90825d1286810579-unhappy-hive-community-sandwiches33.jpg

Attachments

• Sandwiches33.jpg
    Sandwiches33.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 2,768
Level 10
As far as I know gay meant happy ONCE. But the other way around, never heard of it until now, and I'd simply guess it's a popular confusion, but nevermind.

I doubt it's possible to change the situation at THW. In my beginning, I had my expectations bruised by dumb remarks and trolling from some users, and some other things.
Those things got better after I killed them. Yeah, I mean I killed my expectations, obviously not the users.

But gloom is just a hiding. You can't really tell people's emotions or personality out of gloom. One can be unhappy, pretending to be gloom-cool, one can be happy, hiding it so to be gloom-cool, or one might be neither, and really be like he/she seems. I can't tell. But ultimately, people can hide in gloom, and so what's the point in that?

I dunno. I think THW has gotten to me sometimes. I act very unlike myself here. I check out of habit. It's a breather. After a month of absence, I can return and feel good seeing that the users are having the same sort of discussions.

Take my view for what you will. I'm actually in good mood near always, however gay that sounds (and is there a big problem with homosexuality?), and I'm sure you'll meet more (gays or happies:). But I can understand your observation and as said by some of the others, it's an attempt to seem cool or grown-up.
And it's frankly way out, but isn't RL(tm) (of which THW apparently isn't a part) that too?

Last edited:
Level 14
Be careful what you say, mods are viewing this threads on top of multitudes of hivers.

What?

//\\o0//\\

Once again, virtual naked body rubbing and 'ninja sword fighting' will improve community spirit away from depressive thoughts and actions. Someone hsould make a poll to see how many people are in.

Tell us again how that improves community spirit.

//\\OO//\\

Level 3
First of all, my condolences for the person whose father has died, may he rest in peace.
Now, on topic:
Happiness: An abnormal state of the human mind when a certain event triggers a chain reaction that would disrupt the thinking process of the individual.
Symptoms may include: Spastic reactions in facial muscles (smiling), spastic reactions in breathing muscles (laughing), tearing and/or increased heart beat rate.
Lasts for less than a minute depending on the severity of the triggering event.
If some individuals are happy all the time, it is either they have a different thinking process than the average (which is ok) or they are on drugs (which isn't ok).

Why is it that important to be happy? What is wrong about being unhappy?
I thought being unhappy is the default state of a human being (unhappy=/=sad by my definition) something happens and you either turn happy or sad, then after a while you return to normal mod of being unhappy.
People need a good reason to smile, they can't be smiling all the time for no reason (because it HURTS and gives you wrinkles).
In fact, it is the moment of becoming happy that really matters, it is that moment when your heart feels most of the warmth and after few seconds that warmth decreases to a lesser value. If you are happy all the time, the probability of becoming happy is very slim. The sadder you are, the higher your chances of becoming happy.

"It is not being victorious that you treasure, it is the moment of victory that would live on in your memories." The Dark One

And in case you didn't notice, the probability of some event that would make you happy to occur in this world isn't high (in fact, it is extremely low in some places, next to zero). If you want to make people happy, then help them with the things they need done (I for one would be very happy if I could find a modeler for my project) or make some funny jokes like:

Illidan: I want to learn more magic tricks.
Kil'Jaeden: Illidan, Ner'Zhul is being naughty. You must destroy him!
Illidan: Why don't you do it?
Kil'Jaeden: Because I'm a demon so I can't appear in your world unless somebody summons me.
Illidan: Promise?
Kil'Jaeden: Of course! I'm Kil'Jaeden the Deceiver! You can trust me!
Illidan: Oh, OK.

~~~

Illidan: Oh crud I failed. Kil'Jaeden is going to kill me. I'd better go hide in a dimension that he can access, instead of staying here where he doesn't actually have any power yet. Quick guys, let's go to a random demon-infested plane that Blizzard came up with forever ago and forgot about, just so they have an excuse to use it again!
Kael: Um, if you wanna melt the Frozen Throne, I can just Flame Strike it or something...
Illidan: No no that's a bad idea.

~~~

Arthas: At last! I have reached the Frozen Throne! I am going to rush in all by myself at level 1!
Illidan: And I am level 10 and have a really huge base and an enormous army of units! So let's have a one-on-one duel in which I refuse to use Metamorphosis, Mana Burn, or Immolation!
Arthas: Wow you're really smart.
Illidan: omg Death Knights so OP.
By Cosmicat.

If neither work, then you are targeting the wrong audience who aren't interested of being happy at the moment.

IamtheRper: saying "OH BUT GAY MEANS HAPPY!!!1" isn't smart, it just makes people want to stab you for trying to be clever
LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.