1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Undead Scorceres.BLP

Submitted by pie0107
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
This is my first skin that is done with mostly free hand and with TC in the runes on the cap i did not change the shoulders because i dident have any ideas for them
Update:Added Shading

Keywords:
Jaina,Undead
Contents

Undead Scorceres.BLP (Texture)

Reviews
11:25, 4th Feb 2010 67chrome: way to sloppy. I'd highly recommend fallowing along with some of the skinning tutorials here (they are located under the 2D art section of the tutorials). I don't see any changes from when I reviewed this before. You...
  1. 11:25, 4th Feb 2010
    67chrome: way to sloppy. I'd highly recommend fallowing along with some of the skinning tutorials here (they are located under the 2D art section of the tutorials).
    I don't see any changes from when I reviewed this before. You can check out the tutorial links in one of the last posts on this, but you really need to put a lot more effort into this skin for it to ever get approvd. If you need advice on making it better post it in the 2D art forums, people are usually much more forgiving there as well. A lot of that has to do with the purpose of that section compared to this one, here everything submitted should be completed.

2. Evillizard

Evillizard

Resources:
    Resources:
    First coment :3
    I don't want to be rude at all, but this is a big wad o' fail.
    I have no idea what you did to make it like this, but you need to practice and show other people on the hive the skin before you submit.

3. pie0107

pie0107

Resources:
    Resources:
    Download it first
    and at it in viewer or magos then comment because the screen is horrible but in the veiwer and warcrafft 3 it looks good

4. Catch_ya

Catch_ya

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It has nothing with the screenshot to do. Needs shadings, highlights. Remember that the sun comes from above so the shadings on the leg ( if it's shadings ) is wrongly placed.

5. Orthon

Orthon

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Yeah it needs shading and highlights. And more details also... Personally i don't like skin, but what you did with cape team color is awesome :O

6. Bernkastel

Bernkastel

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Srsly no. (Sorry for this uncreative comment)

7. Piwlady

Piwlady

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Holy sweet jesus! NOOOOoooo....

8. pie0107

pie0107

Resources:
    Resources:
    Consructive critisisum pls

9. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If there's one thing this site doesn't need, it's another sloppy covered-in-blood-because-it-looks-cool skin.

10. supertoinkz

supertoinkz

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    PLEASE STOP USING SHARPEN TOOL/FILTER IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO OR WHEN TO PROPERLY USE IT.

srsly D:
    I tested it in wc3 but meh

As I see, you used brush/pencil with different opacity then UBERsharpen it
    It does not look like undead, it looks like it just massacred 100 people
    Also please do what Chrome said, it will really help you

chat of doom

The HiveWorkshop
    [​IMG]
    supertoinkz
    [​IMG]

11. Zanekok

Zanekok

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Ehm i dont see shading and highlighs???

12. Newominus

Newominus

Resources:
    Resources:
    For some parts it looks like you did it with paint.

13. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    uh... just stay away from photoshop... o_O

14. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    what the f***?

15. Dentothor

Dentothor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No one could possibly give any constructive critisism to this other than, either stop skinning or read some tuts to improve your skills. as you can see, most skins on the site have details, shading and creative aspects and unique characters. yours on the other hand has no shading, barely any details, (the only details you have are with a dump bucket overlay. come on. who uses those?) and just random paint brush sploches everywhere. not a single person in their right mind would have a use for this. so it would be preferred if you deleted this and tried a different tactic in your skinning skills. Thank You.

~Dentothor

16. takakenji

takakenji

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    horrible

17. chilla_killa

chilla_killa

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    You become better and better, but you should learn more technique.
    Have a look at those tutorials:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2d-art-tutorials-281/anti-noobism-texturing-92402/
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2d-art-tutorials-281/mr-goblins-tutorial-110127/
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2d-art-tutorials-281/skinning-chainmail-tutorial-7330/
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2d-art-tutorials-281/texturing-armour-45626/
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2d-art-tutorials-281/off-site-tutorials-143859/

You must learn how to shade and put highlights properly because otherwise your skins look ugly and unrealistic.

And don't let them get you down with their unfriendly comments, keep learning and practising!

Greets chilla_killa